What will Disney announce for Disney World at the 2022 D23 expo?

J4546

The ride is super expensive, but I could see the redevelopment of the original Energy Pavilion and space around it into the Que/launch building and spaceship display costing a couple hundred million bucks. I could also see the construction of the track and building surrounding it costing a hundred million bucks as well. And then the R/D that went into it and with all the people that need to get paid costing another couple hundred million.

regardless of cost and location it seems to be a massive hit. Location wise, Im not even against it considering the other options.

DCLcruiser

Is it still backwards? That’s an off the shelf vekoma ride…I believe?
Not since 2004 it seems. I went forwards.

I think people are caught in a time warp with Indy…

I loved it as much as the “other” IP back then…but it’s a relic of the past in so many ways.

I don’t think park additions are really that realistic. Might be past due date
Indy is a great story and easily fits into DAK or DHS. A history professor, searching for ancient treasures, who can beat up Nazis and in the end gets the girl! (Unless there are snakes)

matt9112

I can't speak for someone who actually knows, but these seem pretty safe bets from the three categories and underwhelming as a whole:
Tron, Railroad, F!
Poppins
New DAK attractions

I actually expect them to go big this year, but I think that every year.

Is the poppins still just some kind of carousel?

pdude81

Is the poppins still just some kind of carousel?
I assume they would just greenlight stuff they already planned and scaled back, like this and the DCA E-ticket. Bob said they were just "on hold" anyway.

As far as the Poppins ride, I really never understood what those in the know were saying anyway when it was still planned. "Some sort of carousel" is my best guess.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Not since 2004 it seems. I went forwards.

Indy is a great story and easily fits into DAK or DHS. A history professor, searching for ancient treasures, who can beat up Nazis and in the end gets the girl! (Unless there are snakes)
I went backwards in 2006…if I recall?

I still see a couple of problems with Indy now…

That’s even more of a “cranky 80s” fandom than Star Wars…
But they pay so no foul.

The ip has to be still strong…don’t know if a 90 year old ford will do that when an 80 year old wasn’t before. We’ll see

They aren’t touching Nazis now - would be my guess…for several reasons

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Anyone know how much fury 325 cost? Or mako? Or steel vengeance or velocicoaster? Probably could buy all 4 for less.

A big steel plain coaster shouldn't cost more than $35-40 million. Velocicoaster has custom trains, theming so its probably double that.
I don’t believe 450…I think that’s both bloat because WDI will spend too much…
And also gives them the ability to “give it back” to bobs buddies on Wall Street after the fact…convenient Dutch door action.

gerarar

Premium Member
I liked Indy a lot. We could use it at DHS.

Actually, the Paris coaster was cool too.
I liked it (the Indy coaster) too, just rode it when I visited DLP last month. Theming was fantastic. The torches were actually lit, during the day!!

However, that ride has nothing to do with Indy I feel like. Like the theming was just "slapped" on a random rollercoaster, despite how good said theming is. But it is what it is and I see why it was picked for Adventureland at DLP. Not sure I would want it for DHS, however.

doctornick

I hope it's an expansion in AK..gimme australia with a great barrier reef ride.
While I’d love a new land, I actually think they need to add to the existing ones first (especially Pandora and Dinoland). If they want to do a whole new land somewhere, I’d prefer DHS in either Echo Lake or (preferably) Animation Courtyard and connecting that area with RNR.

fgmnt

I liked it (the Indy coaster) too, just rode it when I visited DLP last month. Theming was fantastic. The torches were actually lit, during the day!!

However, that ride has nothing to do with Indy I feel like. Like the theming was just "slapped" on a random rollercoaster, despite how good said theming is. But it is what it is and I see why it was picked for Adventureland at DLP. Not sure I would want it for DHS, however.

It would work great unbranded and tucked back in the corner of MK’s adventureland. Fire Mountain is never gonna happen.

the armchair park designer in me wants to see an indiana jones ride at the studios that uses the shanghai pirates system but i wonder if even under all other ideal circumstances they would want to recommit to that ip at that level right now.

andysol

I’ll expand on #2…and it’s really a 3…

Muppet or similar ride in the animation courtyard area…then they make That a “new land” that maybe connects backside over to sunset.

Would accomplish a few things
DHS is arguably the most complete park now after all of the expansions there.

This is by a mile the most needed aspect of the park. The traffic flow and layout of this area.

They need to do something with animation courtyard as the primary focus of connecting it to sunset. That’s even more important than the IP or attractions involved, tbh.

ChrisM

Well, I guess it doesn’t take much to figure out which one. Only two, that I know of, have had several rumors. One which the rumors turned out false more often than not. The other seems more likely and necessary for the park.

Has to be a new AK Dinoland attraction, right?

I'm gluing together Len Testa's comment on a recent Disney Dish episode about a new AK attraction announcement that was allegedly pulled the morning of the last D23 park presentation, and Alicia Stella made a recent podcast comment to the effect of "oh yeah, the AK wooden coaster".

Although a replacement for Rivers of Light also seems like an absolute must.

DCLcruiser

I went backwards in 2006…if I recall?

I still see a couple of problems with Indy now…

That’s even more of a “cranky 80s” fandom than Star Wars…
But they pay so no foul.

The ip has to be still strong…don’t know if a 90 year old ford will do that when an 80 year old wasn’t before. We’ll see

They aren’t touching Nazis now - would be my guess…for several reasons
Wiki says 2004 it stopped being reversed. I went in 2015, so...

A proper Disney reboot, not with Shia, would be awesome. The story is so timeless, and could be expanded to antiquities all around the world, and beyond (John Carter???), that Indy should continue on just like 007. Sure, Ford/Connery will always be the best, but it could be done with new actors, within the same story universe, forever.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom