What will Disney announce for Disney World at the 2022 D23 expo?

Casper Gutman

We saw their big flurry of announcements in 2017 or so. That’s probably it for a long time.

A company that just admitted the Quinjet ride is not coming to Avengers Campus, one of the most embarrassing things Disney has ever built anywhere based on the most wildly successful film franchise of all time, is not a company eager to build.

Want Disney to build? Hope that Universal very publicly kicks Disney HARD in the pants and/or that Chapek’s increasingly incompetent management of the film side (an Iger strength) gets him fired.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
We saw their big flurry of announcements in 2017 or so. That’s probably it for a long time.

A company that just admitted the Quinjet ride is not coming to Avengers Campus, one of the most embarrassing things Disney has ever built anywhere based on the most wildly successful film franchise of all time, is not a company eager to build.

Want Disney to build? Hope that Universal very publicly kicks Disney HARD in the pants and/or that Chapek’s increasingly incompetent management of the film side (an Iger strength) gets him fired.
I have to concur

TikibirdLand

I have to concur
Frankly, it was a real unexpected kick in the pants when I heard that the quinjet thingy isn't gonna be built at Avengers Campus. Seriously? They're calling it a "campus" and put only one ride in it? At least they got a magic show and a flying robot, I guess.

Kinda like opening University with only one course. But, nobody would EVER do that!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Frankly, it was a real unexpected kick in the pants when I heard that the quinjet thingy isn't gonna be built at Avengers Campus. Seriously? They're calling it a "campus" and put only one ride in it? At least they got a magic show and a flying robot, I guess.

Kinda like opening University with only one course. But, nobody would EVER do that!
Their new “lands” since avatar have sucked…I’m not gonna mince them anymore. And I never wanted that.

But I put the finger on myself…all of us…they socially experiment with their fans and we don’t push back. Less stuff…more time…bigger waste…higher prices in response. And upsells out the wazoo (almost like that was they point? 🤔)…
…and we ask if we should pay $305 for port orleans or caribbean…

Ugh. Time for whiskey.

TikibirdLand

Their new “lands” since avatar have sucked…I’m not gonna mince them anymore. And I never wanted that.

But I put the finger on myself…all of us…they socially experiment with their fans and we don’t push back. Less stuff…more time…bigger waste…higher prices in response. And upsells out the wazoo (almost like that was they point? 🤔)…

Ugh. Time for whiskey.
I have a feeling that, if you took some dirt from the Moana dig and put it in quart size baggies and had a stand to sell them, there'd be a line 8 hours long to buy Moana's Journey of Dirt souvenirs. Only $25 a bag!

Oh, too early for whiskey. Put it in your coffee. I hear it's a game-changer.

Last edited:

pdude81

Ugh. Time for whiskey.
It's 9am somewhere. Not quite here yet though.

jpinkc

Don't forget they will also pat themselves on the back for the Disney Plus method of offering a lower value with ads to a wider audience and more revenue from the increased price of the no ad version of the streaming service.
Wouldnt it be grand if he says something to that effect and gets a LOUD round of BOOOO'S!!!!! I know its a dream. :D

Bocabear

I feel like their trajectory is set...until the public pushes back...to get it back on track...Less buzz words, instagram posts, and upcharges and more quality attractions... Disney was known for theme and story...and they are now removing theme from the hotels...modernizing and also making everything bland and commonplace...Like they forgot that it was the theme and outlandish design that made them who they are... I imagine the D23 Announcements will revolve around the new housing community they are building outside Palm Springs and the still unfinished EPCOT spine...maybe more Tron...and then the rest will probably be about upcoming movies... My guess anyway.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I feel like their trajectory is set...until the public pushes back...to get it back on track...Less buzz words, instagram posts, and upcharges and more quality attractions... Disney was known for theme and story...and they are now removing theme from the hotels...modernizing and also making everything bland and commonplace...Like they forgot that it was the theme and outlandish design that made them who they are... I imagine the D23 Announcements will revolve around the new housing community they are building outside Palm Springs and the still unfinished EPCOT spine...maybe more Tron...and then the rest will probably be about upcoming movies... My guess anyway.
Tron needs do be OPEN by then. Enough crap

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I have a feeling that, if you took some dirt from the Moana dig and put it in quart size baggies and had a stand to sell them, there'd be a line 8 hours long to buy Moana's Journey of Dirt souvenirs. Only $25 a bag!

Oh, too early for whiskey. Put it in your coffee. I hear it's a game-changer.
…that it is, my friend.

Mac Tonight

Coulda sworn that the Quinjet attraction was rendered the, "we'll explore it again when we have more money" verdict that Mary Poppins got, and not outright cancelled.

Regardless though, hope (or interest) of it surfacing anytime in the next 5 years is minimal at best.

SonnyEcipse

Well, with Mary Poppins AND the Quinjet attraction both out of the question (due to them not being "funded" at the moment), I'd expect that (or at least would like to hope that) Animal Kingdom gets a new land (or even just an attraction) as it's in DESPERATE need of one.

I'd also expect, what I'd like to call, the "Already Announced but We Wanna Act Like We Never Did" section where they act like Runaway Railway wasn't already announced to be open in Disneyland in 2023 and Tron wasn't already announced to be open in Magic Kingdom in Summer 2023.

That's honestly all that I'm expecting as I worry if I expect anything else, I'm going to be INCREDIBLY disappointed (even though I probably still will be anyhow).

danv3

I'm telling you all - Set your expectations very, very low. Bob and Josh won't disappoint.

I was just going so day this.

Whatever you're expecting, cut it in half, and then cut it in half again. The majority of the presentation will relate to projects already announced (Tron) or even already open (Rat, GotG).

Magenta Panther

Well, with Mary Poppins AND the Quinjet attraction both out of the question (due to them not being "funded" at the moment), I'd expect that (or at least would like to hope that) Animal Kingdom gets a new land (or even just an attraction) as it's in DESPERATE need of one.

I'd also expect, what I'd like to call, the "Already Announced but We Wanna Act Like We Never Did" section where they act like Runaway Railway wasn't already announced to be open in Disneyland in 2023 and Tron wasn't already announced to be open in Magic Kingdom in Summer 2023.

That's honestly all that I'm expecting as I worry if I expect anything else, I'm going to be INCREDIBLY disappointed (even though I probably still will be anyhow).

If AK's main attraction would get a major refurb (yes, I'm talking about the yeti! Again!) that at least would restore some hope for WDW's attention to quality...

SpectroBro

In the Parks
Yes
I was just going so day this.

Whatever you're expecting, cut it in half, and then cut it in half again. The majority of the presentation will relate to projects already announced (Tron) or even already open (Rat, GotG).
If the presentation is truly focusing on the 100 Years of Wonder celebration, I anticipate that it will focus heavily on new Entertainment offerings, decor, food, and merchandise. Not new rides and lands.

Animaniac93-98

I wouldn't be surprised to see lots of talk/exhibits to hype the international parks. More info on Fantasy Springs, Frozen at HKDL, the expansion of WDSP (now that Avengers Campus will be open by the time of the EXPO). Maybe they bring up Zootopia in SDL?

There's more to hype from the parks division that I was thinking before, but unless they really surprise us, I don't see much being said about WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom