What were your "firsts" on your most recent visit?

sbkline

To start out with, this was my first time ever staying on property, my first time stepping foot in any Disney resort hotel, and my first time to even see the resorts that you can't see from DTD or the theme parks.

At Magic Kingdom, my firsts were: Dole Whip, Carosel of Progress, Refurbed PoTC, and Country Bear Jamboree (and probably my last on that one as well).

Epcot:Journey into Imagination, Circle of Life, The Seas with Nemo, Refurbed Living with the Land, O Canada, the China movie (can't remember its actual name), American Adventure, and Grand Fiesta Tour

Animal Kingdom: Festival of the Lion King and Expedition Everest

The Studios: Fantasmic, Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage, Stunt Car show (can't remember the full name of that one either), Muppet Vision 3D and the Narnia exhibit.

Some of these weren't there on my last visit in 2004, but most of them are just ones that we either skipped, or just never even noticed.

It was also the first time I met a poster from wdwmagic, although last year was my first time posting here, so that stands to reason.

lilclerk

First time we stayed at the resort in the morning (waiting for rain to pass) and made some "Magic":lookaroun of our own.
First time to ride ToT with just the two of us in the elevator (had to buy the picture:lol: )!

That's the best way to spend the morning.
And that picture must have been hilarious :lol:

That's one thing I wish I did my last trip: buy ride photos. We got some pretty cute ones, but I never stopped to buy them.
But alas, there's always next time.

Upvote 0

rileyspaw

Three "firsts" in our last trip (8/15 - 8/20) to WDW.

1. Our family stayed in a villa at OLD KEY WEST.

2. Our family celebrated my wife's and my 39th anniversary with dinner in CINDERELLA's CASTLE.

3. We attended our first PIRATES & PRINCESS Party.

All thre were first time things for us and very memorable.

Upvote 0

doop

MGM: First time seeing LMA, and the Narnia Exhibit.
MK: First time riding the refurbed PotC.
AK: First time riding Everest.

I still need to get a Dole Whip!

Upvote 0

DisneyPirate85

Well 1st time with my DW!
1st time w/ stepdaughter, hers too!
Was Just an AWESOME trip! So much to do and see with the new family was like everything was the 1st time. Really MAGICAL:wave:

Upvote 0

Eyorefan

MK Firsts:Stacked out a spot an hour before Spectromagic. Saw Spectro and Wishes from Main street; ate at Casey's; ate a dole whip.

Epcot Firsts: rode the Grand Tour; Living seas with Nemo; my daughter got a stamp for every single contry; ate at Le Cellier

AK Firsts: waited for ever character in Camp Minnie/Mickey; dug for Dino bones; at at Tusker house (guess that was a first and last)

MGM: Saw HSM pep rally

Other: First time for Hoopdi Do Revue. First time to go bass fishing in the WDW. First time to have tea with Sleeping Beauty at GF. First time to leave my DD at the hotel with her Grandpa while her Grandma and I went to the parks.

Upvote 0

DABIGCHEEZ

Last weeks trip had some firsts:

MK- Saw Space mountain with lights on twice!!(1 on SM and other on TTA)
DS (8) first time going up to characters and then had to find each one.
DD (7) first Space Mountain ride.
First time seeing Horace and Clarabelle.
First time I didn't go on Splash...... seems DW and kids got wetter then usual.
First time in front car on Monorail(Kids loved being Official Co-pilots)
EPCOT- First Nemo ride(had seen all other things in The Seas)
First time viewing Circle Of Life and skipping Soarin.
First time seeing Figment,Abu,Marie and seeing Muppet Mobile Labs.
First time on the Gran Fiesta Tour.
First time .....NO WAND!!!!!
MGM(DS)-DD first TOT ride. Had to ride 3 other times also.
First time dining at Sci-Fi..... and a bit disappointed.
AK- DD first time on EE and Primevil Whirl.
DS & DD first time on Dinosaur.
First time seeing Nemo Musical.(very well done)
Elsewhere- First stay at BCV and visit to Boardwalk at night(kids loved the entertainment)
First time riding the speedboats.(FYI.. the boats that traqvel on Bay Lake go alot faster then those at the Boardwalk. But I found out after the fact... enjoyable time with my son though.
First time Character breakfast at Cape May Cafe which was very good.
First time playing minigolf at Fantasia Gardens. Kids loved it.

Upvote 0

Capt. Salty

most recent trip was earlier this month, first's were:
First partial trip w/my mother-in-law - was really cool! stayed at CBR, rode Grand Fiesta, dinner at Chef Mickey (didnt really care for it), dinner at Coral Reef.
I think that's it...
:wave:

Upvote 0

sbkline

Original Poster
I also played mini-golf on property for the first time: Winter Summerland

Every table service meal we ate at was a first time in those restaraunts: Chef Mickey's, Alfredo's, Garden Grill, Tony's Town Square, Sci-Fi, 1900 Park Fare, and Coral Reef.

Upvote 0
Our firsts for this year's visit:

Stayed at the Wilderness Lodge for a few days
Learned how to make washcloth animals
Went to the Laugh Factory in Tomorrowland
Ate at the Liberty Tree Tavern
Saw the Country Bear Jamboree
Ate at Le Cellier
Saw the Living Seas with Nemo
Received a "Go to the head of the line" pass from Sarah at the Rose and Crown. Thank you, Sarah.

Saw the new Nemo show and, although I miss "Tarzan Rocks", the new show is great.
Got to ride Kali twice without getting off. Our entire party of wet strangers stayed on for another go 'round. I wish I had that CM's name. He made our night!

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

MK - POTC, Jungle Cruise, Mickeys PhilharMagic, Wishes and HM

EPCOT - Finding Nemo

MGM - Lights Motors Action, Narnia

AK - Everest

DTD - Raglan Road :slurp:

Blizzard Beach - all of it

Upvote 0

frankd1962

Lots of first for me.

First solo & birthday trip to WDW, Dole Whip, stay at Pop Century, having Twinkie Tiramisu, Cirque and ride-along at RPDE

DHS: First time eating at 50's, Sci-Fi and Hollywood & Vine
AK: First time on EE, Planet Watch and Whirl. Seeing Nemo, Flights, Pocahontas & Trek. Eating at Tusker and Flame Tree.
Epcot: First time on New Seas, Soarin', JIWF, M:S, UE and El Rio. Eating at Garden Grill and Rose and Crown.
MK: First time on refurb PotC, MILFCC, Stitch, Philharmagic and Liberty Belle. First time doing the Keys tour. First time eating at Cosmic Ray's and Columbia House.

Hope to do a lot more in my next visit.

Upvote 0

Lucretia

Firsts from last trip
1. First time bringing a friend of my child's with us :eek:
2. first time staying at a moderate resort (POR)
3. first time eating at the Brown Derby (loved it! thought it would be "stuffy")
4. first time riding the boat to downtown disney
5. first time we had animal shaped towels left in our room (and we stayed at deluxe resorts previously!)
6. cool first- a character called my daughter on the phone in a restaurant- and the waitress brought the phone to the table!

Upvote 0

SewIn2Disney

Last trip was August 7-14, 2007

First time staying at a Moderate resort (port orleans riverside)!
First time taking the Keys to the Kingdom tour
First time seeing a shuttle launch -- and I got to see it in Epcot
First time seeing Wishes from the top of the Contemporary!

AND

The best first ever:

Being the Grand Marshals of the Share a Dream Come True Parade!!
What a wonderful experience (and wonderful trip!)

Upvote 0

mickey&me

Firsts from last trip:

1. First trip for my husband, son, Mom, Dad, brother, SIL, neice & nephew

2. First Dole Whip

3. First ride on the Tower of Terror (I used to be such a chicken)

Upvote 0

KYMouseFan

MK: Space Mountain, PoTC (new or old), Monster's, Magic Carpets, Tom Sawyer Island
Epcot: M:S (green), Ellen's Energy, Figment, HISK, Image Works, Innoventions West, Gran Fiesta, Mexico (Restaurant-won't do again), Impressions de France, Living Seas w/ Nemo & Friends, Coral Reef (will go back), Circle of Life,
MGM: RnRRC, Sounds Dangerous, LMA Stunt Show, Muppets, HSM
AK: Finding Nemo the Musical, Kali, Pocahontas and Friends
Resorts/Restaurants: AKL, Boma (breakfast)
POR (our resort): Piano Bob (a must see!!)
DTD/PI/WS: BBB,Cirque de Sol.
Others: last one off the bus stop @ POR (East), first on and first off of ferry boat to MK, 3 parks in one day (AK, MGM, MK)

Working on first spring break trip in March/April and/or first Disney Cruise in June.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom