What Was Your Most Memorable Moment In WDW?

The time I took my wife on her first trip in 95. We went to the Night of Joy and stayed in the Shades of Green. We got someone to watch the kids for us, no kids at Disney!!! Wahoooooo, we had so much fun!!!!!! :fork: :fork: :fork:

DisneyPrincess5

My most memorable moment was on this past trip with my boyfriend who hadn't been in about 10 years, and it was our first trip together.

The entire trip was amazing, but it was incredible to drop our stuff in our room and ride the monorail to MK and stroll into the park and see the enormous smile on his face, and then mine!!

So special!

DisneyFanLS

Getting engaged to my truly WONDERFUL wife in front of Cinderella Castle, and then honeymooning at WDW....an experience I will truly NEVER forget!!!! :sohappy: :sohappy:

Disneybub

Mine would be hiding under the umbrella outside Pete's garage at MK in the 2007 MNSSHP eating pretzels trying not to get wet coz it was raining so heavy!!!!! and then running over to tomorrowland to go on the TTA and the water being up over my ankles!! it was like being a child again!!! :p

jen2009

I got married!!!! :sohappy: I had my closet family and friends down and it made for a small but magical day. The wedding pavillion was just beautiful and the view of the castle in the back was priceless. We had nice 85 degree day and blue skies as far as you could see. I could not have asked for a better day, minus having a stomach bug. I will always hold Disney in my heart for such a magical time. Walt Disney World is a special place that my husband and I will always cherish.

Hrudey3032

I have 2. My childhood one was being at Epcot as a 8 year old with both my parents together and my older brother. We were there the summer after Epcot opened and it was just so amazing to me and to this day Epcot is my favorite park.

The 2nd one my favorite adult memory is from April 2002 with my best friend Sean,my brother and my dad all spent the day at Epcot and had a blast.The best was when we all rode Test Track together as we were in the single rider line but it broke down as we had just sat down in 2 seperate cars. We were unloading when the girl told us to wait as they may have fixed the line so we all got back on only this time as a group.2 in front and 2 in back. We all knew where the pic was taken and were pointing at the camera as it snapped our shot.I bought the photo and I framed it and made copies for everyone.

d1sn3y

I have quite a few, but I will only list 2.

I was working in Fantasyland one night, sweeping the ground (like a good custodial castmember)... The fireworks show was just wrapping up. I walked through the castle from the backside to the front looking down Main Street. Just as the last firework was shot I looked up from the ground and all of the sudden I hear the crowd cheering and I had seen a bunch of camera flashes. I felt that everyone was cheering for me like I was a celebrity or something... It kinda scared me for a second as I didn't realize what was going on... Then I just realized they were cheering for firework show... it was such a crazy feeling, it gave me goosebumps. :wave:

My second memory was when I was working the Petes Garage bathroom in Toontown. As custodial castmembers we were told to ALWAYS have our rain gear on us at all times. I hated it, because it was so bulky and it weighted me down along with everything else we were expected to carry. All of the sudden it starts down pouring like I had never seen it rain before. I had the radio on me, and MK custodial base was yelling at me to go to another bathroom because a toilet was backing up and to keep the bathroom under control until maintence came to fix it. The toilets always backed up when it rained hard... so it was no suprise that it was happening.

I was stuck, but I couldn't tell custodial base because I didn't want to get in trouble for not having my rain gear. Toontown does not have access to the utilidors, so my closest escape was the E-Grove entrance to the utilidor (located between fantasyland and tomorrowland). E-Grove really isn't that far, and I decided I could make a run for it. At this time I would like to remind you that custodial cast members costumes are primarily white. That day, I was wearing dark boxer briefs. So by the time I make it down to the utilidor I'm soaked to the bone and everyone in costuming had a great laugh at this poor guys expense. :hammer:

Jessie&Buzz

I have so many memories but I'll list only 2.

Both were in July 2003. My husband, daughter (5 at the time), son (5 months at the time), mom, dad, sister, brother in law and nieces went together for the military salute (husband is active duty). He had been in Afghanistan the fall of 2002 and at the Pentagon on 9-11. He was talking to a cm at our resort who told him to go to guest relations at each park. Sometimes they do something special for military members. (don't know if they still do) So he didn't tell us but slipped away at MGM (always will be). When he came back he said to be at Beauty and the Beast at such and such a time. When we got there they seated us behind the handicap section front and center. After 4 for a Dollar preformed the asked my husband, myself and our kids to come to the stage. They told the crowd about his service to our country and had everyone sing the National Anthem. I had chills and still do when I talk about it.

The second thing was at Toontown. We waited for the princesses in the judges tent. We were the last group they let in as they were letting so many at a time in the room. We hung back and let the other families go first since there were 10 of us. When we were talking to Aurora we looked around and realized that all the other families had left. The CM told us to take our time and enjoy. Cinderella was so in love with our son. She wouldn't give him back to us. Aurora told her that after 50 some years it was about time she had her own baby. lol We were with them for about 30 minutes. It was so magical. My daughter and nieces loved it! The CM told us that the mice were taking cheese breaks so it was fine for us to chat with the princesses.

Mickey-Mommy

When my son kicked for the first time as we were leaving our room at the Polynesian. We were there on our "babymoon" and our anniversary so we went all out. That just made it that much more special!

disneyfreak1259

One of my favorite memories would have to be..one of the very first trips that my family took to Disney World in 1996. I believe I was 6 or 7 at the time and my sister was 5. My parents were still together and we happened to be having breakfast at Crystal Palace. I remember most clearly my dad video-taping me & my sisters goofy shenanigans.
As I recall my sister put a napkin over her head and starting singing 'It's a Small World'. My mother was anxious for us to meet Tigger & Pooh as well as get their autographs. I remember it simply because it was one of those defining moments of clarity and true happiness within a family.

Disneyfanman

So many, but we always talk about two in particular at Disney, and I'll sneak in one from Universal. (Sorry but I have to do it)

One year we were touring with another family who had rarely been to any sort of amusement or theme park. They were nervous about the thrill rides. They all wanted to try Tower of Terror, so after preparing them for the experience we all went on together. My family got off laughing and chatting as usual. Our friends (family of four) exited with us and our friend (the quite, conservative mother) threw up her hands, screamed "Lets do it again" and grabbed my daughters hand and went racing off toward the exit with the biggest smile I ever saw. Her husband and two children chuckled that "once was enough" and waited in the gift shop. It was the funniest burst of raw emotion that I ever saw and we still talk about it all the time.

The second was a small moment. Our children were quite young at the time and we spent the day at the studios. My wife and I wanted to have them take our picture under the arch near the Back Lot tour entrance. While they were working the camera they all burst into laughter at once. We didn't quite get it, and after the picture we asked what was up. They said to turn around and directly behind us was the green army guy from Toy Story. He had snuck up behind us during the pic. It was hysterical.

Last, when Universal was doing their Dinosaur Encounter attraction at IOA, we all took the tour. My daughter was picked to approach the Dino and pet its nose. She was very excited. During the experience it "sneezed" right into her face. She was stunned and then burst into laughter with water running down her face. We luckily had the camera ready and got the whole thing.

We love the parks! Thank goodness for Disney!

Rabflmom

My most memorable moment is when I was sitting on the monorail at the TTC in a empty cabin or w/e you want to call it. I was sitting there with my whole family and was just so happy. I wanted to cry :cry: .My question is what is your most memorable moment?

Mine happened on one of the MVMCP nights in 1987. Back then I think it was only a few nights a year. Anyway the Friday morning of MVMCP I woke up with a stomach virus. I spent the whole day in the bathroom feeling miserable that I was not going to get to go to the party. When my husband got home from work I told him he would have to take the kids without me cause I was still too sick. He said then no one would go. grrrr So like a trooper I showered, got dressed, got the kids dressed, and we left at the last minute we could to get there for party opening time because I wanted the boys to go.
We only had to stop once on the trip from the coast so I was actually doing better than most of the day<g> We got to the gate and I handed our tickets to the CM. She asked,"Where's the rest of the tickets?" I told her that was all I got when I bought them at Sears. She took a closer look at them. They were the tickets from 1986! I had picked up the wrong tickets out of my desk! I was shocked and so disappointed that it showed on my face.
I was about ready to cry when she said we would have to go home and get this years. As I turned to leave, I told her the party would be over by the time we got back because we lived on the coast. She said hang on a minute. Went to her supervisor and told him our story. They said the look on my husband's and my faces told them I wasn't lying about picking up the wrong tickets. They let us in. Miraculously, that was the end of my stomach problems. I was still weak and pale as a ghost all night and didn't dare eat anything, but the family was able to enjoy the night. When we went to have the free portrait taken, you were supposed to show your tickets. Of course we didn't have any. The CM said we were the first people she had ever heard of getting into Disney without a pass, but they took the picture anyway. I was still white as a ghost in the picture, but it will always be one of my favorite nights at Disney.

DRK

favorite memory

My brother almost forgetting his bag at the airport because he, my sister, and I were so excited to get our vacation started (we were 25, 27, 29)!!

2 days until our next trip!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom