What Was Your Most Memorable Moment In WDW?

Luige11

Original Poster
My most memorable moment is when I was sitting on the monorail at the TTC in a empty cabin or w/e you want to call it. I was sitting there with my whole family and was just so happy. I wanted to cry :cry: .My question is what is your most memorable moment?

Susan Savia

20 years ago....my kids getting to officially open MGM one morning and walking hand in hand with Mickey, Minnie and the gang down the street with everyone else behind!!!!!....:)

toystorymaniacs

One morning of out Sept 2005 trip my then 3 year old woke up very early (like 5 am). We were planning to go to MK that day so I told DH let's go early and see if they have anyone to open the park. He said there's not a chance and we should just hang out, I bribed him with breakfast at Kona as a back up plan and he was in.

We got on a bus from the POP and rode (by ourselves) to MK. When we got there I found a cast member standing by herself at one of the turnstiles. I went up and asked her "if Mickey had any friends to help her open the park". She said she wasn't sure but she would check. She was gone for a long while but finally came back and said, "No, he doesn't would your family like to do it?"

I thought I was going to pass out. We got to ride all the way through MK with the "Fire Chief" on the MK fire truck back to Toon Town, there was no one except cast members around. We waited back in toontown for a few minutes when all of the sudden about 15 characters came out from behind the Judge's Tent. It was just us, the characters, and the Fire Chief. We got to hug, take pictures, and get autographs. Then we got on the train, we were in a car with Micky and Minnie and thier helpers. My DS held Mickey's hand and talked to him the whole way up to the train station. Then we got to get out and participate in the opening. It was truly an amazing experience that I will never forget. My DS still ask each time we go if we will get to open the park again.

bgraham34

It is really so hard to pick one moment. I do have to say it was probably the first time my wife and I stepped through the gates at Magic Kingdom. We were like little kids entering the park for the first time.

shaelyn

for some reason, every tiem I think of Disney, I think of this one memory, which is kind of silly. I was 8, and my family and I were walking through the Magic Kingdom at night. I had one of those cone-shaped princess hats, though that isn't relevant to anything haha. We were walking across a bridge and I suddenly noticed my shoe was untied. I stopped abruptly and bent down to tie it. My dad was following so close behind me that his only option to avoid knocking me over was to walk directly over me, leap-frog style!

It has very little to do with the parks, but it is always what I remember first!

DisneyMom4

One night during our July trip we were back in Toon Town. It was later in the evening (10:30 or so). We were in the large store just playing around. All of a sudden the music got louder and out came ALL of the characters from the meet and greet areas in the back. All of them! They danced with the kids. There was a conga line going at one point. It was like a dream it was so much fun.

I've never seen it happen again, but it's such a great memory.

Matt and Kelly

I've been to WDW a few times, but nothing was as great as the trip we took in March. It was my wifes first trip to WDW and she had a great time. We actually had a group of about 15 family members there, which made the trip that much better.

Sure there was the odd disagreement here or there but at the end of the trip, we all had a great time...really memorable trip.

Animaniac93-98

Lots:

Eating dessert on the patio of Rose and Crown. It rained like crazy but stopped just in time for Illuminations. Seeing that show twice from the private boat was also neat.

Seeing Cinderella at King Stefan's Banquet Hall

13th B-day dinner at Crystal Palace and then finding out MK was packed beyond belief! :eek:

Begin among the last to ride HM, at night, alone, creepy. And then getting a sundae on Main Street and walking back as slowly as possible knowing it was my last day there.

Pulling the sword from the stone.

Tigger103

My most memorable moment is when I first visited the world 9 years ago nothing can beat that first moment, looking round, taking it all in, nothing can beat it, and i feel the same every time i go back.

pcarathers

Our first trip in 2000! My nephew got the trip for his 7th birthday! We had been planning to take him long before we actually went, but things kept coming up and we had to let him down every time. We decided in 1999 that we were going to go in 2000 for his 7th birthday or else! We did not tell him until his birthday party. We wrapped different things like a stuffed Sorcerer Mickey, a couple of different Disney shirts from the Disney store. we gave the Sorcerer Mickey last and had in with it what was happening! It was so much fun for us to plan that birthday. We left the following weekend for Disney and flew out very early. He was tired when we finally landed in Orlando, but he was excited! He fell asleep on the ride to CBR. We checked in and then headed to Chef Mickey's. Had a blast there. Went on to the MK to see the parade and fireworks. He was sitting on his grandfather's shoulders during the fireworks and I looked up he was crying. I asked him what was the matter, his reply, " I just can't believe I'm finally here!" had me and my sister(his mom) crying! it was too precious. Now he's 15 and we leave day after tomorrow. Can't believe how fast time flies!

DizneyPryncess

Last summer when I stayed at the Poly for my honeymoon. The first night, my husband & I watched the Water pageant & Wishes on the beach. I had never done that before, and it's my favorite Disney memory. :)

sarabi

I was in the first week of my College Program and hurricane Floyd was coming the next day and scheduled to pass right over Orlando. I am from the Midwest and we don't have hurricanes, so I was scared.
Anyway, I left MK that night and went to the TTC to catch the bus to the CP housing when I realized my security badge that allowed me onto the bus and into the housing was gone. It had fallen off somewhere on Main Street MK!
I told the security guys at the TTC and they invited me into their office to wait while they made some calls. They could tell I was jittery, so they were talking to me about the hurricane and stuff. Radio calls kept coming in about contingency plans and the expected storm and it wasn't helping and I was really nervous.
This older bus driver came in at the end of his shift and saw me there. After talking a bit, he said something along the lines of "Don't you worry. Walt is up there somewhere watching and this is his baby." Just the way he said it with such a twinkle in his eye...
Then to make things more perfect, my roommate who worked custodial at MK coincidentallly found my badge on Main Street right before the parade and brought it to me at the TTC. She was a real sweetie about the coming storm too, telling me "dont' worry, don't worry". It wasn't until the next day that it became clear that she had survived Andrew and was scared out of her wits, but she wouldn't let me know. That's two cast members acting magical to someone who wasn't even technically a guest.
I would say that was my most magical time there, seeing that faith in Walt, seeing his memory in this guy's mind, and seeing the way they both acted with such kindness when they certainly didn't have to.
Incidentally, Floyd missed Orlando. Maybe Walt was watching.

abug'saunt

Here's mine (I got a couple).

1st trip in 2003. 10th anniversary, was supposed to be the Once-in-a-Lifetime trip. Niece was 2. Stayed offsite (Never again). Driving the rental minivan and listening to niece scream "I want my Choca milk!" all the way to the park of the day, stopping by the time we'd park. Long story short, every morning she ate before we left and, in rushing to the car to hit the parks, we'd forget to grab her milk.

2005 trip. MVMCP :xmas:. Spending Christmas at the parks. 'Nough said.

2007 trip. Taking FiL on his first trip, DN (6 for this trip) and I getting matching Magical Moment certificates at PotC, and Moms reaction to her first ride on Slash Mtn - "I was afraid of that!?!"

2009 trip. In 21 Days. Just DH and I this trip......:drevil:

carmenhumphreys

My most memorable moment was last June during "The Year of a Million Dreams". My DH and I sent our son and his wife to Disney for their honeymoon. On Tuesday morning I received a phone call from them stating "Remember when you told us that winners were picked by being in the right place and the right time"? They then informed me that they were on the Safari at Animal Kingdom and they were approached by the "Dream Team". They had won a nights stay in Cinderella's Castsle. How amazing it must have been for them as part of the honeymoon. They were both in shock and I was crying on the end of the phone. To be able to hear the excitement in their voices made it the most special disney moment for me.

David

Good Memory:
During our sons first trip, (he was 4 1/2) I was holding him at the hub while we watched Fantasy in the Sky. He looked at me and said, "Oh Daddy, I wish I could live here FOREVER." Ole softy Dad teared up at that.

Bad Memory:
Being fussed at by Mary Poppins. She was not at all happy with me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom