What was your first ride or attraction you did at WDW?

nickcarraway

Hmmm. I don't remember either. It was the late 80s, and I've been drunk ever since. I'm thinking maybe Peter Pan. I thought it was the most mesmerizing thing I'd ever seen in my life, especially the part where you fly over London. It might have been the Skyway. I remember my mother and I would sneak a soda on and drop ice on unsuspecting guests below. Their reactions were always priceless! Ah, those were the days...

Badger Brent

Back in 1989 on our honeymoon, we did a 3-D movie in fantasyland with chip and dale I think. It was located I think where Philharmagic is located now. My lord, we were newbies then and just walked around not knowing what to do. Of course rides and such. But had no idea on parades, fireworks, meals, etc.

barnum42

Badger Brent said:
Back in 1989 on our honeymoon, we did a 3-D movie in fantasyland with chip and dale I think. It was located I think where Philharmagic is located now. My lord, we were newbies then and just walked around not knowing what to do. Of course rides and such. But had no idea on parades, fireworks, meals, etc.
The 3-D movie with Chip and Dale was an old Donald Duck cartoon they showed in the pre-show to the 3D film Magic Journeys that was indeed located where Philarmagic now is. :wave:

ogryn

I can't remember what park we went to first, but it would have either been SpaceShip Earth or Jungle Cruise.

olcom

first ride?

hi, mine was the haunted mansion. I was 7 (40now). my mom could not get me on. I cried and screamed. Finally I went on. I did not want to leave after that. Kept riding it over and over. And have been since. Even now at 40 (old).
I am going back in July 2005. And heading right for the HM...... :wave:

My first trip was the year of the cake castle! MY husband and I didn't know any better and followed the hordes right through that cake into Fantasyland and rode Peter Pan's Flight. It was so good I cried.

PanDuckPA

My frist ever ride in Walt Disney World

Well, let me, see since my frist ever trip to WDW was in 2002 and I am a Trainalholic it was the Walt Disney World Railroad, if you ask my BH, she tell I ya I saw the Train pull into the station and my mouth was stuck for a couple of seconds and then after that loop around the World we looked out to the Lagoon and in front was my favorite char. Donald I think we probably ruined about a few pictures running out to get in line and I was 26 years old at the time, but it was like I was 10 again. :lol: :lol:

KaliSplash

The Wedway People Mover. My future wife thought it would be a good orientation to Tomorrowland.
It also had the virtue of being a cheap ticket to ride (they were still doing a-e tickets in the fall of 1979.) I thought it was really neat.

Then she took me to the Carosel of Progress and I was blown away!

cpcpjfan

It was in 1979. I ran to get in line for 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea as soon as the gate opened. I remember one of my third grade classmates raving about it before we went. I had to do that first.

First trip was July of 93 and the first ride would be the Magic Kigdom Parking Lot Tram. :)

On a more serious note I can't remember if we rode the WDW Railroad first or Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse.

Kadee

This one is easy!!! I was on my honeymoon April of 1988. It was my first trip to WDW....only MK and EPCOT were built but they were starting on MGM..(the water tower with the ears were up) My first ride was 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. I was heart broken when they got rid of it.

MKCustodial

weluvtink said:
In 1996, either the peoplemover or the skyway. I was 19 and the skyway scared me.

Probably the Peoplemover. I think the Skyway was already closed by 96, in part because of stuff like this:

nickcarraway said:
I remember my mother and I would sneak a soda on and drop ice on unsuspecting guests below. Their reactions were always priceless! Ah, those were the days...

:lol:

Number_6

The only one I really remember from my first trip back in, I think, 1980(I was like three or four years old on my first trip) was going on 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea with my grandfather.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom