What was your first ride or attraction you did at WDW?

The very first time I went to WDW was on my honeymoon in October of 2003. The very first ride we got on was SSE. It blew my mind away. Never being to Disney, I was thinking it was like a giant Six Flags or something. You can imagine my surprise. After that is when my Disney obsession began. I'm sure eveyone can relate.

hoppypooh

DisneyDream2004 said:
The very first time I went to WDW was on my honeymoon in October of 2003. The very first ride we got on was SSE. It blew my mind away. Never being to Disney, I was thinking it was like a giant Six Flags or something. You can imagine my surprise. After that is when my Disney obsession began. I'm sure eveyone can relate.

That was the first ride for me too on our 2004 wedding/honeymoon!
I had never seen animatronics before and I was in complete awe.

luckyeye13

My first attraction was Sounds Dangerous-Starring Drew Carey at the Disney-MGM Studios on 05/24/99 when I went with my family. I know, not quite the usual first. :p

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I'm afraid I can't answer that question, I was only 5 years old when I first visited WDW. I have memories of Space Mountain, the Haunted Mansion, and Pirates from some of my trips as a teenager.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
monothingie said:
PoTC in 86, at age 6. Scared the hell out of me, woudn't ride it again until 91.
that was mine too...... in 81ish. maybe 82 when we combo the trip with epcot. at least that is my first memory of any kind of attraction there. i think the only reason it sticks in my head is the water fall....... i heard the noise and water, my dad said "hold on buddy", i buried my face in his lap with fear. that is my first memory.

JBSLJames

Our first Disney Experience was Spaceship Earth this past year (one of my kids favorites) and our first MK ride was Dumbo - Couldn't be any other way :) :)

surfsupdon

JBSLJames said:
Our first Disney Experience was Spaceship Earth this past year (one of my kids favorites) and our first MK ride was Dumbo - Couldn't be any other way :) :)

After ALL of my vacations, even as a child, I have not ever ridden Dumbo.

I'll save that one for when I have children of my own.

RedBaron

My first trip was in 1978 and I remember riding the boat to get to the Magic Kingdom and seeing the castle for the first time and thinking how beautiful it was. I dont remember the first real ride I went on then. However I do remember my next trip about 10 years later and Spaceship Earth was the first thing we went to. I also remember not even knowing it was a ride inside. :D

DisneySam

Mine was also the TTA, in 2001 on my 18th birthday [what a present!] We were waiting for our reservation at Cinderella's and had 20 minutes to kill. So really I count my first ride was the Carosuel, we rode it right after lunch.

Brooke

I'm pretty sure I was only a month or two old when I first went to Disney World...so I really have no idea! But it was probably it's a small world or something...

Yellow Shoes

It was 1993. We had arrived late afternoon and got to the parks around 7 PM.

I had a 5 year old who was crazy about dinosaurs.

It was the Exxon Energy Adventure. (before Ellen)

He was thrilled with the dinosaurs.

Disneyfan1981

Technically the first ride I rode at WDW was the peoplemover from the parking lot to the gates at MGM Studios back in 2000 (lol :p ) but inside the park it was Star Tours.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom