What was the big deal with the Adventurers Club?

SirGoofy

The greatness of the AC is impossible to explain. It was like looking into the Ark of the Covenant, but not having your face melt off.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
My fiance and I walked past AC many times for the first couple of years we were 21. Then before our annual trip a couple years ago I suddenly became a disney nerd and started researching everything I could. We were both 25ish at the time and night life was something we were both looking to take advantage of, so I looked into the clubs at PI to see what seemed fun. I read about AC and although it took some convincing I got her to come along. When we first got there we were timid, we even stayed upstairs for a few minutes to get a feel for the place. She is actually much more outgoing then I and talked me into going down stairs. The shows started, and needless to say we were hooked. It was our 5th night out of 7, and we went back the next two nights.

We had our next trip booked for Nov of 2008, and were SO excited to go back. We had our whole family going and lots of people we knew would love it. We talked it up for months, everyone was so excited, especially us. Then one day, PI closes. Heartbreaking. It was the best nightlife spot I have ever been too, and there is no close 2nd.

The AC is great because the atmosphere is fun, the actors were great, the drinks were delicious, and it was always funny to watch some shy people get sucked into the show. I am very sad its gone. Hopefully Disney sees the error of their ways and reopens the club. Make it a $20 cover, that should help the bottom line. I know I would gladly pay it.

daverube

You'll find that there are two types of people who visted the AC. One type thinks that the AC was the best thing since sliced bread. The other type does not.

After experiencing the AC, I fall in with the latter group. So to answer your question, I say "Nothing." There was nothing fantastic about the AC.

my 2 cents,

dave

westie

My first experience in the AC was a wallflower looking for a drink in a place that wasn't a loud discotech. I wandered in(it was free then), grabbed a beer and sat in the corner and, was immediately spotted by the cast! Out of nowhere a light shone on me and the Tiki masks on the wall next to me opened their eyes and started talking to me! I tried in redfaced shame to ignore them but no! The cast came over, gave me a nickname that made the room erupt in laughter and, I was hooked from then on! Oh, in case you must know, I have long hair and was instantly nicknamed,"Fabio!" Which did get me a couple of mercy drinks!!:ROFLOL:

Phonedave

You'll find that there are two types of people who visted the AC. One type thinks that the AC was the best thing since sliced bread. The other type does not.

After experiencing the AC, I fall in with the latter group. So to answer your question, I say "Nothing." There was nothing fantastic about the AC.

my 2 cents,

dave

Eh,

I like my sliced bread. I also liked the AC

It was a fun place, but it closed, I moved on (maybe even made a sandwich with some nice sliced bread)

-dave

daverube

Eh,

I like my sliced bread. I also liked the AC

It was a fun place, but it closed, I moved on (maybe even made a sandwich with some nice sliced bread)

-dave

I also like sliced bread. But I believe the greatest thing since sliced bread is me. :p

Obviously, if I'm the greatest thing since sliced bread, the AC cannot be. Logic phone, Logic. ;)

dave

Lee

Adventurer
The AC?
The finest Disney achievement of all times.
Possibly the greatest single establishment in the history of man.

I've said it before...I'll trade all of Epcot to get the Club back. In a heartbeat.

Those that don't understand the glory of the Club are lower beings with whom I do not associate.:cool:

Kungafreakinloosh.

EPCOT Explorer

The AC?

I've said it before...I'll trade all of Epcot to get the Club back. In a heartbeat.

Those that don't understand the glory of the Club are lower beings with whom I do not associate.:cool:

Kungafreakinloosh.

:fork:

I'll give you Nemo, half the land and the Italian Pavilion, but that's IT!:fork::lol:

Captain Hank

Do a search on YouTube. While many videos I've found on there tend to be a "you had to be there" kind of thing for them to be funny, occasionally you'll find some that show the true heart of what the AC was. (Well, still is...kinda...)

I'd look for some examples, but it's late and I should be in bed...

-Rob
As far as Youtube postings, here's a pretty good list. I compiled it on the eve of PI's closing. I haven't gone through them to make sure they still work, but I'd imagine that most, if not all still do.
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showpost.php?p=3143256&postcount=4

CaptainMichael

The AC?

Kungafreakinloosh.

This.

NMBC1993

I agree with Lee, the Adventurers Club was really one of the greatest places ever created by Disney or anyone else for that matter. I really enjoyed it because I'm not really the "club" type and it was a place I could go and be with my friends and laugh the night away, meet new people, and just have a good time in general. The club to me shows that rare bit of REAL Disney Imagineering that we haven't seen for a long time. I am really sad to see the building just sit there empty, not living up to what it was created for. With the club closed I am forced to spend my weekends here at home wishing I had a place to go where I can enjoy myself again.

SirGoofy

The AC?

Kungafreakinloosh.

Agreed. Except I'd trade Magic Kingdom for the AC, with the Jungle Cruise being added onto the AC building to make that the Universe's nexus of awesome.

courtfran

Oh the cat got dead
And we put in a box
Dug a little hole and
covered it with rocks
Picked a couple dandelions
said a little prayer and then
we all went off to bed
because we mostly didn't care!

I loved Adventurer's Club. Especially Emil. I had been a few times before I turned 21 and then I was in WDW for my 21st and we went to Adventurer's Club every night of our trip. A couple of the cast members remembered me later in the week from my birthday night. I guess I made an impression :animwink: LOL The atmosphere was just awesome. The sketches and characters were hysterical. And I absolutely loved Bongo's Jungle Juice.
HPIM0236.jpg
HPIM0241.jpg

Phonedave

I also like sliced bread. But I believe the greatest thing since sliced bread is me. :p

Obviously, if I'm the greatest thing since sliced bread, the AC cannot be. Logic phone, Logic. ;)

dave

Well now we have a logical fallicy, because I am indeed the greatest thing since sliced bread, therefor you cannot be.

Unless of course we live in paralell universes. In that case we should ensure that we do not arrive at WDW at the same time, or else the logic conflict might result in PI reducing itself to a signularity - thus ending any debate of "is the AC comming back" once and for all.

Logic, rube, logic. :)

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom