What was the best part of your last trip??

J_Krafty24

Our last trip was a few years ago. The best parts were the ice cream sundae from Beaches and Cream (not the kitchen sink but still wayyyy too big for 2 people), sitting on the curb on main street watching the MSEP and most importantly, not being in pain! The trip was to celebrate recovering from back surgery. After about a year and a half in pain it felt great to be somewhere fun and to not hurt. Our next trip is coming up this winter and I look forward to getting on the thrill rids that I had to skip last time.

Much-Pixie-Dust

Awesome thread!

Last trip was President’s Day week last February and we loved lots of things about our trip.
-Celebrating kiddo’s 13th birthday with cookie cake and ice cream from the Publix. They have Mayfield’s ice cream, which we don’t have in our region of the US, so we loved eating some of that.
-Wild Africa Trek
-Happily Ever After, I was a die hard Wishes fan, but really loved seeing HEA in person. It was fresh and fun, with some subtle nods to Wishes (Tink flying and the Genie’s voice).
-Sitting on balcony and watching giraffes is way better being at work. As was having temps in the 80s since it was snowing back back home.

Tiggertoo56

Standing looking down Main Street from the station with a WDW newbie - on his Disneymoon - part of a party of 7 - even at aged 30, it was a picture. It never surprises me to see the look of wonder on people's faces as the enter for the first time. We're still amazed each time we go.:):)

DisneyDoctor

About 13 months from the day was our last trip :cry:. Every moment we spent in Epcot WS was magical. I could stroll through WS everyday with my fiancé (GF at the time of the trip).

Palavralee

O.K, I am local and go often, at least a couple of times a month, so my favorite moments tend to be small things. I was at AK yesterday on the safari ride, and met a nice young couple who were on their first trip to WDW. I love talking to people and finding out their stories. This young couple were having a great time. I loved how excited they both were to see the animals! I have heard some great stories since I started really talking to people in the parks :)

World_Showcase_Lover007

Last trip was Feb. 2016...it was our 4th trip in five years. The best part was it was the first trip where we actually slowed down and relaxed while visiting the parks. No need to go to the parks 12+ hours a day that go-round. We purposely went and did attractions we never had the desire to do before (like Universe of Energy), so it simply put anew perspective on things.

Next trip is Nov. 2018 and it will be the first trip with our daughter who will be a year old. I am excited beyond words to bring her.

WDWVolFan

So, as most of us here see, there is a large group of folks who thought Disney was 1000 times better back in the day, and there are a large group of us who wonder why folks still go when they come back and either just complain or compare it to 19____. So I thought maybe that's the disconnect, maybe it's because all we hear is how magical it was XYZ years ago and how terrible it is today, that we wonder why people go back.

So thinking back on your last trip, what was good or magical? if anything? when was it (trip)?

Next trip, end of August

I'll start, my last trip was in April with 3 of my best friends (35 years, met in college, sorority sisters) .
Most magical experience: Wild African trek and dinner at Le Chefs france.
WAT was awesome!!!

This was 2015, but we had EMH at MK and we stayed at the park for 14 hours. After the fireworks we rode Big Thunder and then we road Splash. We were exhausted and when we left Splash the wait time was at 0. We looked at our son and said: wanna go again?
His smile so big when we said that, made it so worth it!

LUVofDIS

About 13 months from the day was our last trip :cry:. Every moment we spent in Epcot WS was magical. I could stroll through WS everyday with my fiancé (GF at the time of the trip)

Congratulations.

Our last trip was March of this year, with a "surprise" trip for my husband from me. We celebrated 50 years of marriage

That is awesome, the wife and I will be celebrating our 30th this year.

ELG13

We went in October and my favorite part was actually enjoying the resort. We stayed at ft.wilderness cabins and it was amazing. I'm so glad I planned a down day and we just explored the feounds, swam, took the kids to the park. We also really loved loading up in the golf cart after our showers and driving to the general store to get some snacks or souvenirs. It's definitely a resort you need to spend time at and enjoy!

Tk0021

Last trip was September 2017 and I would say seeing the safari at dusk. (My 6 year old daughter at the time) loves cheetahs and in June 2016 we didn’t see any and she was upset, but we got to see some in 2017 and she was so happy. Also, holding that same daughter during HEA and her singing along to every song. All the people around us were smiling and laughing and she sang her heart out. As the announcement states that the show is almost at an end, she said really loud ahhhhhhhhhh and everyone laught. I guess it wasn’t long enough for her. :D

allymonkey

Seeing the awe in my children's faces brought me to tears, I mouthed thank you to the cast member with a tear running down my cheek. He graciously smiled and waved. I was so appreciative.

I loved WDW before I was a parent, but now that I am a parent things like this are what every trip is all about for me.

April 2018. Our six-year-old son was selected to be the deputy of the day at Pecos Bill's. Normally he shies away from anything where people will make a big fuss over him in front of a large crowd but he was completely into it. HIS favorite part was being told that he was also responsible for keeping Capt. Jack Sparrow in Adventureland because sometimes he likes to sneak into Frontierland.

LeighM

Our most recent trip was in March of this year and was the first vacation with one of my BIL/SILs. The best part for me was Ohana dinner on the first night, experiencing Pandora during morning EMH when it was still dark outside, and doing the Caring for Giants tour with my husband.

Disneyismylife

So, as most of us here see, there is a large group of folks who thought Disney was 1000 times better back in the day, and there are a large group of us who wonder why folks still go when they come back and either just complain or compare it to 19____. So I thought maybe that's the disconnect, maybe it's because all we hear is how magical it was XYZ years ago and how terrible it is today, that we wonder why people go back.

So thinking back on your last trip, what was good or magical? if anything? when was it (trip)?

Next trip, end of August

I'll start, my last trip was in April with 3 of my best friends (35 years, met in college, sorority sisters) .
Most magical experience: Wild African trek and dinner at Le Chefs france.
WAT was awesome!!!
My last trip was May. It was my 4th trip of 2018. It’s always magical! This one in particular we celebrated my son’s 15th bday. We dined at Coral Reef. Sooooo good and fun! The magic for me comes from being there with people I love making memories. Change is inevitable and necessary! Walt understood that and so do I 😁

Trust2deal

We went to the Cali Grill with no reservation - got a table! - had a great meal and watched the fireworks. Then off to the Grotto - for a nightcap, got 'grotto'd' (HAHA - WOW - What a place!), Mini Disney car drove us to our hotel for free and then off to bed. Had a wonderful time

rose2617

May, 2018: So many. Loved the Epcot Flower and Garden Show-would go back in May just to see that again! Dinner at San Angel Inn, waterside, with my young adult kids. A 25 year family tradition. Feeling that my deceased hubby was with us. Seeing Pandora at AK for the first time-Amazing. Always-walking down Main Street. Eating in the Rose Room of Be Our Guest. My 28 yr old son asking to go see The Tiki Room at MK. The Pool at the Contemporary Resort. Having a Guest Service Representative make my day when I forgot that I did not purchase a park hopper pass for myself and she let me in to our 2nd park on our last day at WDW, without charging me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom