What was the best part of your last trip??

Rogue21

Last trip was this year at the end of April, supposedly for my parents "last" trip. They wanted to celebrate everything -- their 62nd anniversary and their 80th birthdays. It was wonderful, just taking everything slow and getting to relax. They loved having an afternoon snack and drink at Geyser Point; as well as their Savor the Savannah tour. We also met some exceptional cast members at Roaring Fork this trip that made it extra special. :joyfull:

Jedi Stitch

Last trip was WDW '16, next trip is DLR in August.
Since it was our 1st time to WDW, the whole trip was magical, as it was 1st time for everything.
That one magical moment, when you had a ton of them. Funny, it is the sometimes the less than magical moment that stand out. Well, we were getting in the cue for RNRC, when Hangry, Heat, and not too into the ride hit. My wife tells me to go on the ride with my daughter, but then tells me she would like to hang out with me while our daughter goes on the ride. The awkward conversation in the middle of the moving que to the world happens. Well now we are going separate ways not taking the ride. Just around the coaster, was the dance party thing. Big open court yard, with benches, before the big show case building you can hear the music going. teens, tweens and families going in and out. So, we are consoling our daughter, because she thinks she caused the argument. That moment, Donald comes out and greets her. The photo pass person comes up gets some candids, and then a great posed shot with the ToT in the back ground. Then turns into a line up of people getting pics with Donald. Donald's handler told me they saw my daughter having a non-magical time, and knew they needed to come and give some magic. Then, Donald's handler told us to go inside, because a few other characters where in there and wanted a picture too. We got Goofy, Pluto, Chip N Dale. We were all smiles again, and ready to tacle the rest of the day.

I'm a gay man. Seeing another openly gay couple (an impossible sight not so long ago) next to my partner and me was heartening. That's all I meant.
Wasn't there a 'disapproving and dystopian' commenter up the line a ways? Funny. What I see is that Walt came of age in a tough, somewhat grim time, between two world wars and the greatest epidemic in recorded history, yet he became synonymous with joy and laughter. And children. Sure, we get old and jaded. And dang! It's expensive. But wdw brings us back, if we choose. I wish I could have gone when I was young, but i could not afford it. That makes me appreciate these experiences --- and the stories and moments shared here, down to the smallest, seemingly insignificant ones -- even more. Joy is fleeting. Wdw is the one place I can count on kindness and happiness. And, ok, for the dystopian/ disapprovers: a big bill, crying toddlers, badly-dressed tourists, and cynically-overt manipulation. What price laughter? :)

Last trip was August 2016 with my daughter, fiancé, sister, father, and my son baking 17 weeks in my belly. My favorite part of that trip was seeing my daughters face light up meeting Mickey for the first time. A close second would be seeing her face light up at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.

jaques21

The best part of my last trip was on the first day of my trip just my Step son and I went to the HS and to see him so happy that we could ride Star Tours over and over. was a lot of fun!

crxbrett

Way too many to list! But 3 stick out in my mind.

1st was my GF's initial reaction as we began speeding along the Seven Seas Lagoon on the Monorail from the Poly on our very 1st morning. It was her first time ever at WDW and seeing her face and hearing her reactions was priceless. Honestly, the entire trip was fun as I was able to enjoy her 1st time reactions constantly. We're both hardcore Disney geeks so it made the trip even more incredible for me.

2nd was on our 6th night when my GF finally got to experience a legit, Florida electrical storm. I had been telling her how awesome they can be sometimes and up to that point on our trip we had only seen a few short or minor ones. But this one pulled out all the stops! It was a real doozy of a humdinger! Ranks in my Top 5 DW thunderstorms I have ever witnessed - and I have experienced a lot! lol

3rd was our last morning. We got up at 7am and went down to Captain Cook's and grabbed breakfast to go. We went back up to our room and sat on the balcony patio while enjoying eating and just listening to the birds and Hawaiian music play. It was really depressing since it was the end of the trip, but it was also so peaceful and nice.

CaptainJackNO

So, as most of us here see, there is a large group of folks who thought Disney was 1000 times better back in the day, and there are a large group of us who wonder why folks still go when they come back and either just complain or compare it to 19____. So I thought maybe that's the disconnect, maybe it's because all we hear is how magical it was XYZ years ago and how terrible it is today, that we wonder why people go back.

So thinking back on your last trip, what was good or magical? if anything? when was it (trip)?

Next trip, end of August

I'll start, my last trip was in April with 3 of my best friends (35 years, met in college, sorority sisters) .
Most magical experience: Wild African trek and dinner at Le Chefs france.
WAT was awesome!!!

We LOVED the Star Wars experiences at DHS. We had a fantastic day at DHS, and it culminated with dinner at Sci-Fi. Everything being done around Star Wars is first class.

KanakoS

oh man my last trip to the world was in 2004!!!! ok i will remember. i made believe on body wars we were inside Shadow from Sonic. and i thought the lady was Shadows girlfriend (didnt know bout Maria) ok and then i went on pooh and felt like i was high during the dream. and sayin hello to everyone on haunted mansion. like the bride. "hi lady holdin an axe"

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
The trip was 4 weeks long. Was able to visit the places I normally don’t have time to visit.

Tiger cub babies playing in water with their toys. Priceless
1A2F24B3-8B3A-4944-9468-94565FEAF4ED.jpeg
DAB6CBE0-9816-4639-8FA0-8BDD27DB8A27.jpeg
EB704A98-4985-4835-982D-A7EDD3BCE1B8.jpeg
7D83E49E-9EC7-4C50-BD11-385C2491EFC8.jpeg

Bpmorley

Last real kinda trip was sept '17, 4 days at OKW. Only park day was one of the moonlight magic nights. We didn't plan it around that. In July DW found really cheap airfare so we booked a few days. Mostly to sit around the pool, have drinks and BBQ. MM was just luck. Most eventful was getting out 2 days before the hurricane hit. We had a few days planned in March, but had to cut that to 1 night as we had to drive due to a snowstorm in the NE.

thumper

My most recent trip was November 2017 for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon weekend. We head down every year as a charity group from New York called Sparrow's Nest (they provide weekly meals to families whose caregivers are facing a cancer diagnosis). This pic was taken at about 3:00 am in the lobby of AKL and it was my favorite memory of the trip. It was so peaceful and quiet in the lobby (other than the other runners getting up at that ungodly hour), but it was just an amazing brief moment where we realized how many of us were there for the same purpose and about to run 13.1 miles for those who can't. A CM took this pic of our half marathon crew - and about 60 of us are heading back down this November to do it again for the 5th straight year.
SparrowsDisney.JPG

Po'Rich

On our last trip, we were able to preview Pandora. That has to be the best! Second was probably seeing the Tree of Life Awakens shows. I don't see a lot of people discussing these short shows on the boards, but they have to be some of the best use of projections currently at WDW.

Zipadeelady

I've been back for a little over a week and what a magical time it was! It was really all about the shows for us this trip!

At Epcot we saw Voices of Liberty. Just amazing!!

At Hollywood Studios, i know this sounds ridiculous but the Frozen Sing a Long was the best. We caught the last show of the day and the "narrators" were pretty raw. It was so much fun. I almost felt sorry for Elsa, the narrators were the stars of the show. Then topping off our night with Fantasmic is always special for us!

At Animal Kingdom we never miss FOTLK! The best show at Disney and never gets old. The one that surprised me was the Finding Nemo Musical. So beautiful! And then closing with ROL. :inlove:

At Magic Kingdom another first, the Country Bear Jamboree. We've been to Disney so many times and never seen this corny show. How did we miss it.

It was so hot while we were there and at first the shows were a way to escape the heat but they ended up being the best part!

Nottamus

Great idea for a thread! nothing but positive!

We were just there in April 2018, and besides the time spent just me and the wife enjoying it all.....I really like seeing construction going on right now for all the new attractions. Totally builds anticipation for what is to come in a few short years!

Having a slow night in Epcot where Soarin' had a 5 minute wait time was boss too...

BlakeW39

I'm actually still here, but am leaving in the morning. I've had so many great experiences, but I guess the ones that stand out were the new things - Pandora, boy was FOP fantastic (but I waited too long, they said it'd be 2hr15min but it was 4hr+... was not happy about that). I also, because I don't ride big coasters, never rode Everest, and I loved it! But my number one was a dusk safari and all of the animals were insanely active, and at the end all 3 lions were roaring with one another - the lioness that started trend roaring directly at us. Great experience. The MK stuff is always great though.

Last edited:

eliza61nyc

Original Poster
I'm actually still here, but am leaving in the morning. I've had so many great experiences, but I guess the knes that stand out were the new things - Pandora, boy was FOP fantastic (but I waited too long, they said it'd be 2hr15min but it was 4hr+... was not happy about that). I also, because I don't ride big coasters, never rode Everest, and J loved it! But my number one was a dusk safari and all of the animals were insanely active, and at the end all 3 lions were roarjng with one another - the lioness that started trend roaring directly at us. Great experience. The MK stuff is always great though.

OMG!! I would have loved that. I always go when it's insanely hot and the poor lions are just lounging around. lol, although I use the word "poor' loosely. I'm living for retirement so I too can just "lounge" around.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom