What was the best part of your last trip??

daringstoic

My last trip was in March. I got to meet up with friends I'd worked with at Splash Mountain 12 years ago and seeing them and spending time with their families was amazing. We only had two days, so we park hopped and relaxed knowing that we couldn't possibly do everything since we only had half a day at each park. It took me back to those college days when we had free run of the parks whenever we weren't working. Plus, I hadn't been to Flower & Garden in seven years, so seeing all of the topiaries was awesome.

It was also my first visit since starting my travel blog a year and a half ago, so I took a lot of pictures to fill in gaps in the posts in my Disney section haha. Goodbye grainy Wishes photo, hello stunningly crisp Happily Ever After shot.

This is a great thread!

Last trip (and only my 3rd one ever) was October 2017. For me all of it was magical but the best part were the times that everyone was happy (a family of 6) like riding soarin' and seeing Pandora for the first time. Staying at animal kingdom lodge was amazing. And the food and wine festival was amazing to my family! My 6 year old had never been so seeing him experience Disney for the first time was magical. I'm just happy when I'm there.

Last edited:

tiggertwins

Last trip May 2018 - Everything with my 4 year old twins but mainly one was afraid of characters last trip and the first day of this one but walked right up to Cinderella and continued to meet every character for the rest of the trip. She was also picked to be the beast in Enchanted Tales with Belle and was able to dance with her favorite princess.

erasure fan1

Staying at the Poly for 3 days after a week at Estero beach and not stepping foot into a park. Relaxing at the pool, taking the monorail and ferryboat, and watching wishes from the balcony over the lagoon with the castle all lit up was awesome.

Nnelsonmandela

So many fun memories, I'll list my highlights...
2003, opening weekend for Everest. Someone came to us as we got in the 3hr line and gave us 2 Fastpasses, because they didn't need them
2010, a CM, seeing my son disappointed that the Peter Pan ride had a long wait, walked him to the front of the line
2016, during the Halloween party parade, CMs took my daughter into the street and had the entire crowd sing Happy Birthday to her.

I feel like every trip I've ever taken has had at least one moment that made it amazing!

disneyblondie15

In the Parks
Yes
I got to meet the cast of Finding Nemo the Musical at Disney's Animal Kingdom. The cast was so sweet and engaged in conversation. We took pictures and I'm meeting them on our next trip in August. We made friends with a few cast members that worked the show and got preferred seating (front 6 rows) every time we saw the show. We saw it about 8 times in total. Being a complete theatre geek, it made my day that we were able to connect personally.

NickMaio

We last went Aug 2016. I had a nice cry during the Nemo show at AK. Lost my father 18 years ago then. Felt a lovely connect.
Then my wife lost it for the Lion King show. The Lion King holds something very special for her.

The parks are still full of magical moments. Just close your eyes and let them in😊

Susan Savia

Last trip was February 2018. Loved the Festival of the Arts. Going back in September for MNSSHP and Food and Wine and in January for 2 weeks.

HkPro

Our last trip was one day in Feb 2018, but our last big trip was a week in January 2017. The most magical part was having the kids do BBB and then going to Cinderella's Royal Table for dinner. My 9 yr old daughter was dressed as Merida, and had the sleek bun hairdo and make-up. My 5 yr old son did the Knight package, and had his hair spiked and received a sword and shield. We got amazing complimentary photos, and they did some of the kids together. It was also the first time we had done the dining plan, and the kids thought it was amazing to be able to get snacks all day, and deserts.

Attachments

• MK_EXPHLBBB1_7933570613.jpeg
    MK_EXPHLBBB1_7933570613.jpeg
    75.8 KB · Views: 67

oufpat

Last trip was this past May. We were upgraded from a studio at BWV to a 1 bedroom. This was a wonderful surprise. Despite the rainy week, we found all the CM's, in the parks, restaurants, and resorts to be friendly and helpful. NO COMPLAINTS at all!!

Mordu

Last trip was Mother’s Day weekend. We had annual passes that were expiring at the end of the month and my mom had been asking to go so we made a girls trip. My two girls (ages 6 and 9), my 71 year old mother and I went for a long weekend for Mother’s Day. After going to Disney several times over the last few years, it was really fun to take my mom who hadn’t been in 12 years. There were so many new things for her to experience ... to see her reaction on flights of passage and soarin was priceless. We also did the extra morning magic that trip which was awesome! We rode mine train 6 times, had a great breakfast and got to see the mass of people coming into the park at rope drop from inside the park. I loved seeing the joy and wonder in my moms face. That was worth every penny. Besides that it is always the unexpected things that make it magical... walking by America in the world showcase and hearing the village people playing, stumbling upon the citizens of Hollywood, watching my child give another child a glow stick at night because we won’t be using them and seeing the child’s face light up... Am sad we won’t be going back for a few years. Disney has been such a special place for my family the last few years.. but we need to have some new adventures and see other countries in real life (not just the world showcase)

KimAnnFran

So, as most of us here see, there is a large group of folks who thought Disney was 1000 times better back in the day, and there are a large group of us who wonder why folks still go when they come back and either just complain or compare it to 19____. So I thought maybe that's the disconnect, maybe it's because all we hear is how magical it was XYZ years ago and how terrible it is today, that we wonder why people go back.

So thinking back on your last trip, what was good or magical? if anything? when was it (trip)?

Next trip, end of August

I'll start, my last trip was in April with 3 of my best friends (35 years, met in college, sorority sisters) .
Most magical experience: Wild African trek and dinner at Le Chefs france.
WAT was awesome!!!

My last trip was an 8th grade Field Trip. Soarin' was pretty awesome. All my other faves were gone. I think the Fantasmic was very very magical; I hadn't seen it before that. The fireworks is always amazing. And, The Light Parade! And Captain EO was still there!!!

I haven't been back on my own as a vacation since October of 2006 but I have been on the field trips several times since.

JIMINYCR

Recent trip was May 2018. We did encounter more crowds than ever before. That did cut down on the amount of things we were able to do in a day, but didnt put a damper on our enjoyment. The best thing was having our DS with us and spending time together in the place we always vacationed in during his youth. Its been 12 years since hes been back. Now that hes reached 30 yo, we enjoyed a parent/adult trip and had none of the child issues to deal with. Most magical parts were revisiting/riding the attractions with him beside me and sharing some great dining moments with great conversations. Taking a break from business and relaxing as a family together once again.

Distant

I was able to take my 75+ year old parents in early March for 4 nights. We had a savannah view room at AKL.
Best part- especially for my mom- was the afternoon tea service at the Grand Floridian.
We got a wide variety of incredible British teas. My mom has always been crazy about hot tea, so it was a perfect fit.

We also took a sunset safari at AKL, that was really great. Eating at the Irish Pub at DS was special too.

so it's funny- all our favorite parts of the trip were outside the 4 parks...

It got me thinking about going down to Disney but not buying a ticket. (Which would save big $.)
Just doing the hotels, DS, and other stuff.

The parks were really crowded so it wasn't as fun. And between the bus rides and the walking we all were really worn out.

KrzyKtty

Last trip was June 2019. So much was so special it is hard to pin down; however, FOP was really amazing. Also, the dessert package with the Happily Ever After show was pretty amazing as well. However, nothing really topped my daughter's first time seeing all of the Disney Princesses!

Beacon Joe

Taking my son to Trader Sam's. Sure, I sort of felt like a degenerate bringing a kid in there, but he had a blast with the theming, picked up my love of mid-century Polynesian pop culture, and no longer questions why I have lit up pufferfish and assorted Polynesian weaponry hanging around my office.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom