What Upcoming Photography Contests Would You Like To See?

DDuckFan130

TAC said:
Disney in the 1970s - pictures must have been taken ONLY during the 1970s - January 1st, 1970 - December 31st, 1979.

Disney in the 1980s - pictures must have been taken ONLY during the 1980s - January 1st, 1980 - December 31st 1989

Disney in the 90's - pictures must have been taken ONLY during the 90's - January 1st, 1990 - December 31st, 1999

You could also have one for Disneyland in the 1960s and 50's.

---------------------------

Towel animals are nice, but will you get that many participants ?
:lol: Tom, would you get many participants for decade themes? Some of us weren't around back then :lookaroun

MKCP 1985

I'd like to see a contest for "retired characters." I have a photo somewhere of my daughter with Roger Rabbit and I've turned the house upside down looking for it, but if there was a contest, I'd turn the house rightside up again to find it!

SewIn2Disney

I posted some ideas on another thread, so this is a copy and paste of that thread, plus a few more thrown in too. Some of the ideas may have already been said. Thanks for coming to us for ideas!

-Disney transportation(minus the monorail because we just did that contest): Pictures of busses (Disney transport, Disney Cruise or Magical Express or boats (resort launches or ferrys)

-China (or any specific World Showcase country): must be something taken in that specific country

-Humor: a picture (candid or whatnot) that shows something funny...a story might have to accompany this

-Disney outside of the parks: pictures cannot be taken within the 47 square miles of WDW (or any other theme park)....but they still must relate to Disney. It can be something at home, at a Disney store (World of Disney in NYC, or your local mall), etc.

-Kilimanjaro Safari: must be taken on the ride or in the queue of the ride.

-Photo Story: I don't know how this would work, but I'm thinking something along the lines of this: Everyone enters a few (2 3 4 or more) pictures that in some way tell a story (without words) to the viewer. I don't know if that would get too complicated in terms of posting though.

-Where is it? Contest: Everyone submits a picture of something we think no one will know its location. This can be limited to all of WDW, just the parks, or maybe just one park, its up to you. Kind of like that game they used to have in the Disney Magazine.

-Nighttime Photograpy: The parks are so beautiful at night....all of these pictures must be at night. Maybe one for just the parks and one for the resorts.

-Little known things: Picture must be of some little known secret in WDW (for example the Net full of Jello in Muppets, Evil Tower U R Doom in Tot, the stone from Monticello in Liberty Square) Each picture must be followed with an explination....maybe we can all learn something here!

-Country specific entertainment in Epcot - the dancers in China, MoRockin in Morocco, etc.

-Resturants - taken in or of any of the dining places in Disney

-Shows-must be taken at a live show. Live meaning having human characters performing.

-Park Icon contest- I know we did it, but these things are the most photographed, I think it pays to do it again.

-Park Icon at night

-I second the Pleasure Island one!

-Downtown Disney

-Merchandice

-Any of the many many many stores on property....must be taken in or of.

-Food- I think we might have done this already, but i liked it a lot.

I think that's it for now. I hope this helps

Computer Magic

m star said:
a definite yes on the towel animal contest, also more contests on specific attractions/areas of the parks.
I thought I was the only person taking a picture of their towel animal :eek:

I feel so normal now :lookaroun

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I really like the food idea!
:sohappy:
Disney food.

Adventureland.

I know that this next one would never and could never be done, but I'd like to see it none-the-same - Backstage

Foolish Mortal

ClemsonTigger said:
...and I thought you would say food...:animwink: :zipit:

Actually thats not a bad idea !! I've got a few shots of deserts that I took to make people jealous or if someone asked about a certain desert that I could share. After I took my pic, my mom was getting ready to take her own pic of the chocolate whiskey cake over at the Contemporary when a waiter came out, looked at her and had this what the (bleep) is this idiot doing :lol: It started what turned out to be a pretty funny conversation with us and a few of the wait staff. Can you imagine if we pre arrange a food contest how many more people would start taking pics of food. And the looks on peoples faces who dont know any better are worth a picture !!

As far as new topics, hhhmmm, have to give it a little thought.

cjb-nc

I like themes with lots of room for interpretation. Use some creativity to go along with the photography. Some (mostly random) ideas:
- Experience of a lifetime
- Dog days of summer
- Winter wonderland
- Family values
- Beggars can't be choosers

Of course, I freely expect that slow-shutter night shots will end up winning 90% of those, regardless of the representation of the theme. :lol:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
unkadug said:
I really like the food idea!
:sohappy:
Disney food.

Adventureland.

I know that this next one would never and could never be done, but I'd like to see it none-the-same - Backstage

Oops !! I didn't look at the main list close enough.

Adventureland is coming in 2 weeks. Sorry:eek:

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
By the way...you guys gave me some great ideas for contests. And I want you to keep in mind that if I don't use the contest suggested to me this year...it doesn't mean that I won't possibly use it next year. I only had a few slots to fill for this year...so next year will be a clean slate and I can include some of these other ideas.

I'll try to have the updated list for this year posted in the next few days. (I'm still working on getting it together.)

Oh, you can also keep giving me ideas if you think of them and I will consider them for next year as well.

Disneyfalcon

I thought of another one!

A pic taken on a ride.

Sorry if that was suggested already. I didn't remember it but I didn't read back through again.

And really this suggestion has nothing to do with the fact that I just took an awesome picture of my daughter on a ride...:lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom