What Upcoming Photography Contests Would You Like To See?

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
I was working on updating Brad's list of contest topics today and thought I would come to you...the people who participate. I wanted to know whether there was any contest that you would like to see that hasn't been done yet.

There were a few good suggestions in other threads...but I thought I would make a specific thread for possible ideas.

So if you would...give me your best ideas. (Also, I had one...and would like to get all your opinions on it...kinda wanted to feel it out...I was thinking of doing a Towel Animal contest...anybody else like it?)

Thanks! :wave:

m star

a definite yes on the towel animal contest, also more contests on specific attractions/areas of the parks.

TiggerBW

i also like the character contests. They are fun. I love all the contest ideas! Can't think of new ones right now! :)

DDuckFan130

Hmm...the towel animals sound interesting. But I'm thinking...besides different kinds of animals...can we see much variety in that? Just curious :lol:

I like the idea of more characters, like Minnie Mouse perhaps. Hmm...how about character meals?

That's all I got :lol:

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
DDuckFan130 said:
Hmm...the towel animals sound interesting. But I'm thinking...besides different kinds of animals...can we see much variety in that? Just curious :lol:

I like the idea of more characters, like Minnie Mouse perhaps. Hmm...how about character meals?

That's all I got :lol:
That was my thinking on the towel animal idea too...wasn't sure how it'd play out...

dr_teeth90210

How about "Disney World Transportation"?

It could include pictures of monorails, Epcot's friendship boats, horse-drawn trollies, water taxi's, busses, DME( Disney's Magical Express), segways, trains, Liberty Square's steamboat, etc.

1disneydood

I love the lightfixture idea.

And how about a "nightime accent lighting(anywhere on property or parks only or resorts only)" theme. Like something at the resorts lit up at night. Or an area of any park that is lit up or accented(not to include fixtures or Osborne).

Or a topic such as "imagineering at work". ;) Show any form of a Disney inagineered idea(possibly patented) at work. Or one themed "Little Details" showing the extra little details Disney uses to make the experience special. Stuff they don't have to use but choose to use. :)

How about setting a rule that requires maybe a plush mickey in the photo doing something interesting like on a ride or eating or something...I don't know.

Or howabouts group photos? where a minimum of 10 people are posing for the photo?

Or finally, it may not get much entry, but howabout water parks? there's some great stuff to be shot there!

FrumiousBoojum

I'd like to see more contests come about that don't necessarily need the parks in order to participate. Or even one where WDW isn't allowed in order to up the challenge a bit. :)

These kind of contests are great for those of us that rarely get to visit the parks...

Tramp

Just a suggestion: Try to be careful not to pick a subject that majorly limits the number of people that can participate in the contest.

kingspade

How about a general "Disney at night" theme...any Disney location at night. Maybe also specifically sunrise/sunset Disney pics. Sounds like lots of great ideas so far!

ZapperZ

What about "The Lost Disney"? This would be pictures of things or events that are no longer around today at the Disney theme parks.

Zz.

Disneyfalcon

How about unintentional (unofficial?) hidden mickeys? This contest was for official hidden mickeys. How about one where we see hidden mickeys anywhere? In the clouds, trees, doesn't have to be in a park at all.

Love these contests!

tigsmom

dr_teeth90210 said:
How about "Disney World Transportation"?

It could include pictures of monorails, Epcot's friendship boats, horse-drawn trollies, water taxi's, busses, DME( Disney's Magical Express), segways, trains, Liberty Square's steamboat, etc.

Thats a good one! :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom