What to do with building between Test Track and Mexico with all the bridges going to it????

MarkTwain

I feel like Odyssey is a bit off the beaten path for most guests; it seems like the only time I see guests over there are ones that found it by accident. I personally wonder how it would perform as a quick service restaurant, or how it did perform when it was open. Anyone with first hand experience?

As for an events center, Odyssey isn't used as often as you think. I'm in there quite a bit and it seems like there's an event in there once a month or so, maybe once every few weeks. If Disney really wanted to accommodate those events they could easily move them elsewhere. The real challenge is that with a location/view/size (it's no Cosmic Rays, that's for sure) like Odyssey, I suspect they might try and go the TSR route instead.

Although I could see it being a great meet and greet spot.

Joseph Robinson

I kind of want them to leave the place as it is. Just so I can rely on having those empty restrooms around when the crowds are heavy.

That's what the sinkhole is for. Either use it as a bathroom or push other guests in to clear your path. A new "interactive" feature!

bdearl41

Original Poster
So obviously restaurant is the common answer, but anything with some creativity? I think a fusion restaurant (molecular gastronomy above mentioned) would be great, but there has to be something else that can be done with all that land. I also dont buy the sinkhole deal, because they still let people walk over there.

Lee

Adventurer
CM: The Monorails aren't working today.

Guest: Why?

CM: Sinkhole.
CM: Yeti covered in a tarp
CM: sinkhole
Oh, yeah...I'm gonna be using that. :)

CM: Colored lights on TRA not changing properly.

Or

Guest: Why can't I eat at Be our Guest?

Or

Guest: Why is Disney laying people off?

Even..

Guest: Why did Horizons close?
;)

wdwfan22

I alway thought the restaurant took away from this restaurants in World Showcase. The idea is for guests to eat in the showcase not before they enter.

mickey2008.1

I agree with best bathrooms. No wait. No smells. Great way to get to WS without people traffic. But it should return as a restaurant, a restaurant incorporating multiple nations in a futuristic setting.. It does have great views, Build a deck into the sink hole, or up top. maybe make it a gathering place for fireworks on the roof top with a bar.

afar28

Oh, yeah...I'm gonna be using that. :)

CM: Colored lights on TRA not changing properly.

Or

Guest: Why can't I eat at Be our Guest?

Or

Guest: Why is Disney laying people off?

Even..

Guest: Why did Horizons close?
;)
Guest: why aren't you fixing the disco yeti?
CM: sinkhole

Guest: what happened to little red on the safari?
CM: fell in a sinkhole

sbkline

I believe that this building was also the location of a couple of Robert Irvine's "Dinner Impossible" episodes where they filmed at WDW.

But I agree, it seems a shame and a waste to have this building sitting empty. I say turn it back into a restaraunt again.

bethymouse

Make it a new attraction of some sort preferably a good ride. Maybe a way to "connect" future world w/ world showcase. I also hate abandoned "projects" by Disney. I know things need to be updated/refurbed, but Discovery Island and the "old" water park should be either completely demolished and/or made into a new resort area of something. It's so sad /eerie to see it on youtube when those guys took footage of it. I can't believe a tube was still there floating!:eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom