What Things Today Would Walt Disney Have Never Done or Be Out RAGED ABOUT.

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
rides that Walt may have wanted to keep around:

: The Circle-Vision 360 Theater first hosted “America the Beautiful” from November ‘71 thru March ‘74 and from March ’75 thru September ‘84. In between was “Magic Carpet Round the World” from March ‘74 thru March ‘85. Next came “American Journeys” from September ‘84 thru January ‘94 and finally Timekeeper opened in ‘94, going seasonal from 4/01 on.

The Timekeeper originally debuted at Disneyland Paris.

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
image.jpg

I seem to remember the light post but not the umbrella, is it still there?

RoadTrip

What do you think Walt would have never done or stood for in todays Disney World. Do you think current management is being a good steward of Disney.
I actually think they have been. Disney believed in experimenting and trying new things. Some worked out, some were massive failures. If not for the success of Snow White, Disney would have been bankrupt, Disney Parks would never exist, and he would be little more than a footnote of history. They only way current management could totally fail is to stop trying new things... to try to maintain the existing parks as some type of "museum piece". I think the early years under Eisner were much more creative than under current management, but with a very well done Fantasyland Expansion and the upcoming Avartarland and changes at the Studios, I am hopeful for the future.

Matt_Black

I actually think they have been. Disney believed in experimenting and trying new things. Some worked out, some were massive failures. If not for the success of Snow White, Disney would have been bankrupt, Disney Parks would never exist, and he would be little more than a footnote of history. They only way current management could totally fail is to stop trying new things... to try to maintain the existing parks as some type of "museum piece". I think the early years under Eisner were much more creative than under current management, but with a very well done Fantasyland Expansion and the upcoming Avartarland and changes at the Studios, I am hopeful for the future.

Optimism? Logic? Rational arguments? Who are you and how did you get approved to be a member of this forum?!?

SamN'Dean

I think this is a question that will never have an answer.

http://land.allears.net/blogs/jackspence/2012/06/what_would_walt_do_1.html
^ This is a good blog post on the topic.

I also don't think Walt would mind Starbucks. You guys are hilarious. He could not have BUILT Disneyland without corporate sponsors.

WOW, that is an eye opener. The Mud Bank ride, years going by with exposed structure in the Matterhorn, the Freight train cars- definitely gives pause to the idea of "what Walt would have tolerated." LOL.

Goofyernmost

I think this is a question that will never have an answer.

http://land.allears.net/blogs/jackspence/2012/06/what_would_walt_do_1.html
^ This is a good blog post on the topic.

I also don't think Walt would mind Starbucks. You guys are hilarious. He could not have BUILT Disneyland without corporate sponsors.
Without a doubt, one of the most intelligent and objective article that I have ever seen on the subject of "what would Walt think". I have noticed how often people think they know what the Walt days were like and thinking that today's doesn't come close to it. Nothing could be further from the truth. Today's Disney is light years ahead of the old Disney. Without Walt we wouldn't have any of it, but, they have done nothing but improve it over the years (with a few minor/major set backs).

I truly wish we could end the "what would Walt think" garbage once and for all. It doesn't matter anymore, it isn't even owned by anyone named Disney anymore. It is someone else's company and, as such, will be run the way they want it to be run. It's hard for a sane person to look at the crowds and humongous profits and say, or even think, that these people do not know what they are doing. Just in the spirit of this article, I have to say this, I think if Walt were to come back, yes, he would indeed be upset about EPCOT never being built, but, with his imagination and vision there is no way that he wouldn't be overwhelmed and happy about what his legacy has become. He would be proud and he certainly should feel that way.

Nick Wilde

I always picture Walt at a head a board room table. Some weasel kiss *** VP submits the idea of Stitch replacing alien encounter. The rest of the board seems to love the idea.

Walt fires everyone on the spot.
I don't think Walt would've been happy with Alien Encounter. It was very scary, and very not family-friendly, like he wanted the parks to be. That was the main reason they closed it.

danyoung56

Optimism? Logic? Rational arguments? Who are you and how did you get approved to be a member of this forum?!?

Road Trip (or Trippy as he's also known) has for years been one of the few voices of reason over at Laughing Place. I don't always agree with him, but I ALWAYS respect him!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom