What the heck's a Dole Whip?

MissM

A Dole Whip is a non-dairy soft serve most famously available in pineapple flavor as well as vanilla and orange (plus swirls of said flavors.)

A Dole Whip Float is what most people want and they mean it as pineapple soft serve in pineapple juice. Though you can get it vanilla in pineapple juice, or swirl in pineapple juice as well.

It's available in Aloha Isle across from the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse in Adventureland, MK. The soft serve (no pineapple juice for a float) is also available in the Poly.

A pineapple Dole Whip Float is also extremely delicious. :D

jonnyc

After 11 years of going to WDW I finally had a Dole Whip in Adventureland. It was one of the greatest moments of my life.

heartodisney

picture.php

Yummy! We cannot wait for this on our next trip!

fbp

A Dole Whip is a non-dairy soft serve most famously available in pineapple flavor as well as vanilla and orange (plus swirls of said flavors.) :D

According to this ingredient listing: http://www.precisionfoods.com/foodservice/bnd_products_details.cfm?skuid=10922&id=103 a dole whip is not dairy free, but it is lactose free.

I'm not sure if the linked ingredient listing is accurate.

Just an FYI for anyone who is avoiding dairy because of an allergy or for health or ethical reasons.

MissM

According to this ingredient listing: http://www.precisionfoods.com/foodservice/bnd_products_details.cfm?skuid=10922&id=103 a dole whip is not dairy free, but it is lactose free.

I'm not sure if the linked ingredient listing is accurate.

Just an FYI for anyone who is avoiding dairy because of an allergy or for health or ethical reasons.
Hrm, interesting. I think even Disney has called it "dairy free" but apparently, you're right, while it is milk and cream free, there is a milk derivative in there.

Either way though, it's still delicious! :lol:

Please don't laugh at me for the following question.

As English is not my native language (I'm from Vienna, Austria) I always have some difficulties ordering at Aloha Isle.

I always take the pineapple/vanilla swirl icecream (not the float).

Is it correct to order (in my case) "three pineapple/vanilla swirls"? or what is the correct description.
And what would I have to say when I want to order the float version of it ("pineapple/vanilla swirl floats?")

By the way I have the same problem with the canilla/chocolate version at Dinosaur's Gertie's Ice Cream of Extinction at the Hollywood Studios. :eek:

MissM

Please don't laugh at me for the following question.

As English is not my native language (I'm from Vienna, Austria) I always have some difficulties ordering at Aloha Isle.

I always take the pineapple/vanilla swirl icecream (not the float).

Is it correct to order (in my case) "three pineapple/vanilla swirls"? or what is the correct description.
And what would I have to say when I want to order the float version of it ("pineapple/vanilla swirl floats?")

By the way I have the same problem with the canilla/chocolate version at Dinosaur's Gertie's Ice Cream of Extinction at the Hollywood Studios. :eek:
You're good! Both are fine just as you typed them. They often clarify with people to ensure they understood the correct combination. Like, last time I ordered one, I said "one pineapple float please" and she confirmed I wanted pineapple soft serve. So don't stress it.

You could also say, "I'd like three floats, all with pineapple/vanilla swirl" as well too. But you'll be fine either way. Enjoy!

heartodisney

Just got the latest Celebration Magazine, wonderful article about the Dole Whip..."Sunshine in a Cup, The Tale of the Legendary Dole Whip". Usually subjects like this will only recieve two pages and one of those is a full page pic, this one has four pages and plenty of pics!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom