What the heck are some people wearing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LauraRose

I don't about other people's families, but by 8 I was dressing myself. If I wore shorts it wasn't my mom sexualizing me, it was because it was hot. If you mean "Don't let your kids choose clothes that are too revealing", you do you, but that doesn't change the fact that dressing in any way is not an invitation to assault someone, nor does it make someone look "easy" (and really, even saying little girls look easy because of their clothes is just gross).

This is exactly what I’m trying to say. I can’t believe I’m reading about what a 8 year old should and shouldn’t wear to avoid being sexually assaulted.

LittleBuford

Perhaps we should tell Minnie to stop wearing outfits that show her underwear.

This thread has taken a bizarre nosedive—first came the generational grumbling, and now we have “-shaming” of children.

aw14

They is a difference in a 15 year old and a 8 year old, I really don’t see how a crop top is sexualised in any sense when it’s ridiculously hot outside. I wouldn’t let a 15 year old walk around in shorts that showed her bum or revealing tops but I’m replying to the comment addressing such young children. I don’t understand what they are meant to wear in the heat. A skirt down to their knees? Or ankles?

I get what you are saying I know when I was 15 my mum was cautious of what I wore, but I refuse to see a 8 year old in a sexual way.
When my daughter was 8, as her parents, my wife and I had and still do have the authority to overrule certain attire.

No one is saying generic shorts are an issue It seems the issue is being conflated. It is inappropriate for anyone ant any age (imo) to wear shorts with their cheeks showing.
I don't about other people's families, but by 8 I was dressing myself. If I wore shorts it wasn't my mom sexualizing me, it was because it was hot. If you mean "Don't let your kids choose clothes that are too revealing", you do you, but that doesn't change the fact that dressing in any way is not an invitation to assault someone, nor does it make someone look "easy" (and really, even saying little girls look easy because of their clothes is just gross).
No one stated its an invitation. Lets not even go down that road as it is utterly misleading and inappropriate. My response to the clothes is above.

aw14

Perhaps we should tell Minnie to stop wearing outfits that show her underwear.

This thread has taken a bizarre nosedive—first came the generational grumbling, and now we have “****-shaming” of children.
Seriously? Wow, I regret wandering in here. That is not what is being done at all....but like was already said, you do you :rolleyes:

LittleBuford

It’s also worth adding that WDW is a place where little girls are encouraged to identify with, and dress up as, a range of very glamorous princesses, some of whom are rather scantily clad. If guests can see Ariel and Jasmine without losing it, then a child (or indeed an adult woman) wearing short shorts and a crop top shouldn’t be a problem.

Shouldigo12

When my daughter was 8, as her parents, my wife and I had and still do have the authority to overrule certain attire.

No one is saying generic shorts are an issue It seems the issue is being conflated. It is inappropriate for anyone ant any age (imo) to wear shorts with their cheeks showing.
No one stated its an invitation. Lets not even go down that road as it is utterly misleading and inappropriate. My response to the clothes is above.

Like I said, you think parents should monitor their kids clothes, you do you. I won't tell you how to parent. But What I'm getting at is that what a child is wearing shouldn't even have been brought up. It's not a factor, period, and saying it is is victim blaming

LauraRose

macefamily

Take a look at #CornerstoreCaroline. THAT's what this world is coming to......unfortunately. Lots of people reacting with a "social hair-trigger."

aw14

The issue is victim blaming. I don’t care how anyone else dresses their child, the problem is your saying that what they are wearing is the reason they have been attacked and that’s wrong.
that actually isn't what I am saying at all. I don't believe I could be clearer.

I am saying certain clothes REGARDLESS OF AGE are inappropriate imo. The clothes do not justify any inappropriate action, but I personally believe that if your butt cheeks are hanging out of clothes, its inappropriate.

aw14

Like I said, you think parents should monitor their kids clothes, you do you. I won't tell you how to parent. But What I'm getting at is that what a child is wearing shouldn't even have been brought up. It's not a factor, period, and saying it is is victim blaming
I disagree...it is not victim blaming. Please see my post above

LauraRose

that actually isn't what I am saying at all. I don't believe I could be clearer.

I am saying certain clothes REGARDLESS OF AGE are inappropriate imo. The clothes do not justify any inappropriate action, but I personally believe that if your butt cheeks are hanging out of clothes, its inappropriate.

Yes I got confused with the poster I thought you was the original comment I was replying to I apologise about that.

I’ve never in my life seen anyone in Disney with butt cheeks hanging out but whatever. I’m also not commenting just about the shorts if you read my previous comments you will see I have a issue with the poster calling out crop tops.

Hayley In Wonderland

It's only inappropriate because people can't look at the female form without oversexualising it. What's the difference between wearing booty shorts with a crop top & a 2 piece bikini where there is no choice for someones butt to be half hanging out?

aw14

Either wearing certain clothes doesn't justify inappropriate actions or it isn't victim blaming to say clothes are a factor. Which is it?
Wow...no disrespect, but I don't believe you are following what I am saying. You might want to check the other responses. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom