What the heck are some people wearing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shouldigo12

Ya know.....There's just something not right about those eyes.....🤤
8988052502_60fd6626aa_b.jpg
Just the eyes?

DisAl

Ah, yes the Food and Wine Festival. I remember a year my DW and I attended. A woman in Mexico must have had one too many margaritas as she was lifting her T-shirt and flashing people. My wife got upset and said “will you look at that!”
You can't win on that one. If you DO look, then you are in trouble. If you tell her you were already looking, you are in even more trouble. :rolleyes:
I am one of those people who the more I can cover up the better I look. I do wear shorts at Disney in the summer at the risk of hearing others laugh but hey, it is supposed to be the happiest place on earth.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
The boomers are the ones being laughed at because they have dockers pulled up to mid chest and wingtips on for strolling around the park, with flat caps and a full sleeve button down.

It's my generation, the X ers who seem to be the beginning of the issue, and the one immediately following us who are exacerbating it.
Not THIS boomer... I was in that T-shirt* and cargo shorts, I assure you.

*see my avatar

LUVofDIS

Disney World -a family destination, is not that place. It's not for you to decide whether my children see that/my having to explain it to them and when. This is called being "in public". It's really not that difficult.

So what length does the dress/skirt need to be, 6 inches from the ground, to the knee, 6 inches above the knee? Should hair be pulled back or can it hang down? What thickness material should be required, this to determine how much can show through. Should pink hair be allowed.

I get what people are saying and in the end Disney will have to decide what is too little or much. Although any decision they make will upset some group, they just cant win.

Lensman

So as I understand it, most people fall into two categories, those who dress for validation and those who dress for empowerment. The people who are dressing for validation are looking for approval by some outside group, while those dressing for empowerment are either dressing for themselves or in order to exert power over others. I know this sounds crazy and I don't know how it should affect our discussion here. Lol

And as someone once commented to me, I seem to be in neither category. Apparently it's obvious to others that I dress for comfort.

And of course I don't care what anyone else wears because that gives them power over me.

Paper straw fan

The Dapper days get me, not as inappropriate, but just...how is wearing a suit and bow tie in 97 degree heat remotely comfortable?

I assume the guys there are dressed up for the time honored reason (trying to hook up) but wow...I get uncomfortable just looking at them. Suspenders? Really?

To the point here- Part of it is I think- people come to Florida, they think they should dress like they are at the beach. The whole time. And as a Floridian, if I’m somewhere touristy I expect some people dressed that way. It doesn’t bother me much, even if I think they could stand to wear a bit more.

SteveV

Surely Disney has a stack of those old style yellow rain ponchos somewhere that they could provide to the bag checks. If you don't meet the agreed wdwmagic dress code, you get to wear one of them for the day over your outfit. Disney can also then make this an upcharge event by marketing it as the chance to sweat the weight away whilst on your vacation.

bjlc57

if you go back a number of years.. there is a thread called "tops off".. and there is a photo of MK in the heat of an August night.. were uncountable amount of women were wearing just their bras.. I did not take the photo.. but I was there on similar night that year.. it was steaming hot and blouses fell off all over the main area waiting for the final show to start...

Walt Disney1955

Sure, but where did they get their crazy ways? I'll tell ya!... Bad parenting. The Greatest Generation were the worst parents. Ever.

I don't know, I think you'll lose this one here. Boomers were the first ones to think spanking was abuse and let their kids do more questionable things that has just snowballed since then. I'd blame teens today, but their teachers in schools are boomers and Gen Xers so it only is going to get worse. Boomers were the first generation that thought they were entitled. If we think kids are lazy today, and they are, it all started in the 1960s.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I don't know, I think you'll lose this one here. Boomers were the first ones to think spanking was abuse and let their kids do more questionable things that has just snowballed since then. I'd blame teens today, but their teachers in schools are boomers and Gen Xers so it only is going to get worse. Boomers were the first generation that thought they were entitled. If we think kids are lazy today, and they are, it all started in the 1960s.

Nope. If any generation behaves badly, then it's from the bad parenting of the generation before it. That generation is the one that failed.

And if they were bad parents, I blame *their* parents.

HMFan999

Walt.jpg
It's all these guys fault. If they would have just insisted that everyone wear formal attire to the parks like they did this would have never happened.

Goofyernmost

Just for clarification, at this point most boomers are retired and playing golf. The kids of today are our grandchildren. I can tell you from experience that the most drastic change in parenting came after us. My kids react differently then I or my parents did when it came to just how precious their little snowflakes are. They tell me that they just tried to make up for the mistakes we made when we were parenting. As usual, they don't have a freaking clue and have created a generation of children that have no consequences to their actions and no incentive to do anything because they are all convinced that the world owes them whatever they want. Since children always tend to reject whatever their parents did, the next generation should be a little better acting. But, I'll be dead so I don't really care what they do. :angelic::hungover::)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom