What Should Disney do About Vaping?

Goofyernmost

Disney should just say that they must be in the smoking area and drop it at that. Wait... that's what they do. There may very well be a few dangerous chemicals in the vaper as opposed to hundreds of chemicals in cigarettes, so which is the biggest need. (Not that either should go beyond what currently exists.)

G00fyDad

ngbbs4fdb43351294d.jpg

Goofyernmost

What does vaping mean?
It's an alternative to smoking tobacco. It is basically just a water mist that looks like smoke. Mostly harmless, but, there are a number of varieties. Some contain nicotine, which is actually not the super health culprit (that would be tar). To my knowledge none of them contain that. They do have a few other chemicals and the government is just getting around to testing to see what, if any, dangerous chemicals exist that could harm others. Early, knee jerk reports have stated that they did, but, I have seen nothing official on it to this point. No matter what they find, I doubt it would be as bad as the massive amounts of chemicals contained in tobacco and it might even be a help to get people to quit smoking.

G00fyDad

Well, no official report other than the World Health Organization. You know, that major health organization that the world listens to ? They released an official report on it. They stated it is very dangerous to be smoking these things. However, as usual, those who vape choose to ignore the warnings and say that there's nothing wrong with them and that they can't seem to find any warnings on the subject. But yeah, nothing other than that. ;)

And now I'm back out of the conversation again. Because you just can't seem to get people to see facts. Talking to anybody who vapes about this subject only encourages the same response each time. Complete denial and a statement that reports do not exist concerning the dangers. So have fun with this one folks. :)

Daniel Johnson

Well, no official report other than the World Health Organization. You know, that major health organization that the world listens to ? They released an official report on it. They stated it is very dangerous to be smoking these things. However, as usual, those who vape choose to ignore the warnings and say that there's nothing wrong with them and that they can't seem to find any warnings on the subject. But yeah, nothing other than that. ;)

And now I'm back out of the conversation again. Because you just can't seem to get people to see facts. Talking to anybody who vapes about this subject only encourages the same response each time. Complete denial and a statement that reports do not exist concerning the dangers. So have fun with this one folks. :)

Dude, I was with you here:
I hoped this thread had died. We really appreciate you resurrecting it. :banghead:

Then you go back into it. Lol.
vapers and smokers should both follow the guidelines set in motion by the private properties they are visiting. That should be the end of the of it. But. Like people who drink and drive, people who text and drive, people who carry out food at an all you can eat buffet, & people who go to Starbucks and don't buy coffee, just sit for hours and use the free wifi....there are policies that businesses set for their property. They should be adhered to, or you should be asked to leave. End of story. No pass go collect 200 dollars. That should really end this thread

@brb1006 you should research this:
http://vaping.info
&
http://www.who.int/tobacco/communications/statements/eletronic_cigarettes/en/

Form your own opinion.
No. They are not as healthy as not smoking. But, They are healthier than smoking. As a former smoker, I vape because I enjoy it. I know it can't be as healthy as breathing without inhaling something outside just oxygen...which is really what we *think* we are breathing if not smoking or vaping. But. I am an adult and form my own ideal. That said I believe I am given a place to vape at Disney, I'll follow their procedures and go where they ask. I think all smokers and vapers should.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Well, no official report other than the World Health Organization. You know, that major health organization that the world listens to ? They released an official report on it. They stated it is very dangerous to be smoking these things.

"The health body (Public Health England, previously the British Medical Association, or the government) concluded that, on “the best estimate so far”, e-cigarettes are about 95% less harmful than tobacco cigarettes and could one day be dispensed as a licensed medicine in an alternative to anti-smoking products such as patches"

Just sayin'. Now I'll let it go. Again.

rucifee

Why do people always feel the need to be in everyone else's business. I don't vape but if people do it doesn't bother me. If people want to vape, let them vape. If you don't, don't. If it bothers you, don't walk so close to the people who are doing it. They aren't hurting anyone.

G00fyDad

Why do people always feel the need to be in everyone else's business. I don't vape but if people do it doesn't bother me. If people want to vape, let them vape. If you don't, don't. If it bothers you, don't walk so close to the people who are doing it. They aren't hurting anyone.

I tell you what, the next time you are in line and I happen to be in the same line behind you and someone starts at vaping and blowing it in your face please do me a favor and go ahead and walk away.

rucifee

I tell you what, the next time you are in line and I happen to be in the same line behind you and someone starts at vaping and blowing it in your face please do me a favor and go ahead and walk away.

I can just ignore it, it doesn't bother and I don't have a problem minding my own business like others seem too. If they do blow it "in my face" to a point where it's bothersome however, it's not really rude to ask them to blow it in another direction.

G00fyDad

I can just ignore it, it doesn't bother and I don't have a problem minding my own business like others seem too. If they do blow it "in my face" to a point where it's bothersome however, it's not really rude to ask them to blow it in another direction.

Keep going with that attitude. What if they tell you to go **** yourself? Still gonna sit there talking to them? You going to walk away?

Nevermind. I have seen from your other posts that you are completly negative about everything. Likely another banned poster with another account. Ignored.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I'm indifferent to whether a person smokes, regardless of the form. Just as long as they do it in the designated areas....

rucifee

Keep going with that attitude. What if they tell you to go **** yourself? Still gonna sit there talking to them? You going to walk away?

You mean, keep going with an attitude of not being a jerk and being polite. Ok. If they tell me to go **** myself, well, there are appropriate ways to deal with that as well but 9 times out of 10 if you approach a situation politely people will respond in kind. What would you do, cause a scene? Yeah, you're so very awesome....:rolleyes:

Nevermind. I have seen from your other posts that you are completly negative about everything. Likely another banned poster with another account. Ignored.

Oh, now I'm completely negative about everything. Yeah, I must be, I said something you didn't like. Poor you.

s8film40

My only complaint is people who just don't have any common courtesy. Wether it be cigarette smoke or vapor blowing out all over the place around crowds is just plain rude. I personally don't mind cigarette smoke at all but the vapor really smells disgusting and I can't stand it when someone is walking in front of me doing it. Everyones different some people don't mind vapor at all but cigarette smoke can be bad. I have a lot of respect for and will never complain when people at the very least step out to a side area away from the bulk of foot traffic to smoke or vape. That's really just being a decent person, I don't care if it's an actual official smoking area but as long as someone tries to get out of the way I'm all for them being able to do what they want.

rucifee

My only complaint is people who just don't have any common courtesy. Wether it be cigarette smoke or vapor blowing out all over the place around crowds is just plain rude. I personally don't mind cigarette smoke at all but the vapor really smells disgusting and I can't stand it when someone is walking in front of me doing it. Everyones different some people don't mind vapor at all but cigarette smoke can be bad. I have a lot of respect for and will never complain when people at the very least step out to a side area away from the bulk of foot traffic to smoke or vape. That's really just being a decent person, I don't care if it's an actual official smoking area but as long as someone tries to get out of the way I'm all for them being able to do what they want.

Most times you can't even tell they're doing it. I know a few people who vape, and it's never bothered me even when they were standing right next to me. I just don't see the big deal with vaping, although I would agree that smokers should only smoke in designated areas.

s8film40

Most times you can't even tell they're doing it. I know a few people who vape, and it's never bothered me even when they were standing right next to me. I just don't see the big deal with vaping, although I would agree that smokers should only smoke in designated areas.
I think it's become popular lately to put scents or flavors or something in it, it didn't used to bother me as much but now it does.

G00fyDad

I think it's become popular lately to put scents or flavors or something in it, it didn't used to bother me as much but now it does.

The smell never really bothers me. I just know what I have read in published and respected reports and I don't want that junk blown in my face. However, if a person steps off to the side to do it then it doesn't bother me. As you said, it doesn't matter to me if they are in a designated area or not. As long as it doesn't affect me then I don't care.

rucifee

Yeah, I think everyones just different. Cigarette smoke doesn't bother me at all in fact I actually like the smell. I've never smoked and would never want to but the smoke doesn't bother me. I understand it bothers others though.

Either way, I think approaching each situation politely and treating them uniquely would do far more good than trying to force people who are trying to avoid smokers/smoking themselves into little areas designated for smokers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom