What should Disney add to DHS?

McHalo

Original Poster
While DHS does have a nice "feel" to the park it is sadly a little boring like EPCOT. I would love to see the imagineers at Disney announce a massive expansion to DHS.

Pixar Land - is a must and a very obvious choice since currently the most popular ride at the park is 'Toy Story Midway Mania'. A new addition would be necessary maybe a ride or show based on 'The Incredibles' or the new 'Inside Out'. I think it would be very clever to have WALL-E going around the land picking up trash and talking to guest similar to the garbage can in MK's Tommorowland.
Cars Land - I am fully aware that Cars is a film by Pixar however given that cars land at DCA is a huge success and a big expansion it would need its own "land" at DHS
Marvel Land - I sure hope this one happens! I am huge fan of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. I really believe this would be the most popular land DHS even topping cars land. How about a Avengers themed ride as the main attraction in this land? Maybe an interactive area called Stark Industries Lab? An X-Men ride would be great too.
Star Wars Land - another obvious choice, after all Disney did pay 4 Billion for Lucas film and all things Star Wars and Star Tours is currently a popular ride at DHS. An interactive Jedi or Use the "Force" area where the environment changes or does something to a command similar the wand shop at the wizard ing world of Harry Potter.
Frozen Land - the worldwide phenomenon gets bigger with the announcement of Frozen 2. A frozen land would be a huge success and I think few would disagree. A few additions could be a frozen themed ride, sing along show, and a 'build a snowman' interactive play area with do you want to build a snowman song perhaps.
Hollywood Land - would consist of tower of terror, rockin roller coaster and any other ride disney green lights but doesn't fit the other themes.

All these lands would have their own meet and greet areas for the corresponding characters

It seems these lands would require far more land than DHS currently has so some of these probably wouldn't make the cut.

I think just adding two of these lands would cause attendance numbers to sky rocket placing DHS in the same place as Magic Kingdom attendance wise.

In Fact, why not just make a new park with all these lands... I also like Disney's Hollywood Adventure

I've always wanted to be a Disney Imagineer and work at the house of mouse.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
While DHS does have a nice "feel" to the park it is sadly a little boring like EPCOT. I would love to see the imagineers at Disney announce a massive expansion to DHS.

Pixar Land - is a must and a very obvious choice since currently the most popular ride at the park is 'Toy Story Midway Mania'. A new addition would be necessary maybe a ride or show based on 'The Incredibles' or the new 'Inside Out'. I think it would be very clever to have WALL-E going around the land picking up trash and talking to guest similar to the garbage can in MK's Tommorowland.
Cars Land - I am fully aware that Cars is a film by Pixar however given that cars land at DCA is a huge success and a big expansion it would need its own "land" at DHS
Marvel Land - I sure hope this one happens! I am huge fan of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. I really believe this would be the most popular land DHS even topping cars land. How about a Avengers themed ride as the main attraction in this land? Maybe an interactive area called Stark Industries Lab? An X-Men ride would be great too.
Star Wars Land - another obvious choice, after all Disney did pay 4 Billion for Lucas film and all things Star Wars and Star Tours is currently a popular ride at DHS. An interactive Jedi or Use the "Force" area where the environment changes or does something to a command similar the wand shop at the wizard ing world of Harry Potter.
Frozen Land - the worldwide phenomenon gets bigger with the announcement of Frozen 2. A frozen land would be a huge success and I think few would disagree. A few additions could be a frozen themed ride, sing along show, and a 'build a snowman' interactive play area with do you want to build a snowman song perhaps.
Hollywood Land - would consist of tower of terror, rockin roller coaster and any other ride disney green lights but doesn't fit the other themes.

All these lands would have their own meet and greet areas for the corresponding characters

It seems these lands would require far more land than DHS currently has so some of these probably wouldn't make the cut.

I think just adding two of these lands would cause attendance numbers to sky rocket placing DHS in the same place as Magic Kingdom attendance wise.

In Fact, why not just make a new park with all these lands... I also like Disney's Hollywood Adventure

I've always wanted to be a Disney Imagineer and work at the house of mouse.

Universal has exclusive rights to most Marvel characters east of the Mississippi so you won't see much Marvel in DHS.

wdwfan4ver

Your description of Marvel land for DHS can't happen due to Universal. Guardians of the Galaxy and Big Hero 6 are the only things you can do for any type of a Marvel Land.

Frozen Land is a great idea, but its needed for Magic Kingdom. My reasoning is Frozen really made for Fantasyland. A Frozen Land can fit into the Magic Kingdom by getting a rid of Tomorrowland Speedway. I am saying that because Tokyo Disneyland is getting a rid of their own version of Tomorrowland speedway.

Last edited:

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
OP i was with you until you said "like Epcot"

Might be referring to just the future world part of Epcot... If that's the case, then I'll agree with the OP. Future World's got Test Track, SUM of All Thrills, M:S and Soarin'... That's about it. And in a way.. That reflects HS. ToT, Rockin', Toy Story and Star Tours.. Kinda evens out if you ask me.

MausCouture

I agree with everything with the exception of "Frozenland." I also feel like they could utilize the space that "Streets Of America" has to offer a bit better than they are now IMHO.

Misterdcp

I think the obvious choice is a Star Wars Land (mostly because Marvel is out due to Universal)
I would love to see it occupy the area where the backlot tour was and have a "spaceport" built near where Star Tours is now that will take you on a "Transport" ride to Star Wars Land. Lots of possibilities. The "Transport" would be like a train or monorail but themed as a Star Wars transport and the windows would be screens to show you the "view" as you "take off" and "land"

JasonDeyoung

Obvious choice, give me some StarWars Land. Obviously some sort of Pixar Land is going in. I think Marvels would be awesome, but as stated above that won't happen cause of the stupid deal with universal. With that being said, as also said I'd be happy with anything at this point. Well, anything but frozen or princess related :) There are men and boys that do go to Disney who DONT want to see fairies and princesses everyyyyyyyywhere we turn:)

mahnamahna101

Hollywood Boulevard
Upgraded GMR

Star Wars Land (replaces all of Echo Lake plus expansion pad)
Speedbike coaster (dueling) - D ticket, 46"
Death Star dark ride using Twister ride system - 48"
Millenium Falcon walkthrough with Chewbacca, Han, Luke and Leia M&Gs
Ewok play area
Yoda M&G in Endor mini-land
Dueling X-Wing/TIE spinners
expanded Jedi Training Academy
Mos Eisley Cantina quick-service
Jabba's Palace table-service
R2-D2 and C-3PO streetmosphere show

Muppet Studios
Great Muppet Movie Ride (spoof of GMR starring the Muppets)
Muppet Mobile Labs
Swedish Chef table-service
Gonzo quick-service
Electric Mayhem stage show

Pixar Place
Cars dark ride
Flo's
Junkyard Jamboree
Gusteau's
Ratatouille dark ride
Incredibles E-ticket
Monsters door coaster
Laugh Floor
Finding Nemo - The Musical
Up play area and flat ride

Animation Courtyard/RnRC expansion pad
Roger Rabbit mini-land (Toontown Trolley simulator, Roger and Jessica M&G, table-service with Donald/Daffy dueling pianos show)
Sorcerer's Apprentice E-ticket
Barnstormer relocation (more theming/better queue)
Philharmagic relocation
Disney Junior revamp
Chip n' Dale flat ride
Mickey and Minnie M&G
Walt Disney: One Man's Dream revamp
Animation Academy revamp

Sunset
Crimestoppers trackless dark ride by ToT
Second theater by B&TB (two different shows with Broadway-caliber quality. Changes every few years)
Fantasmic updates
RnRC upgraded (better theming)

That's a lot to ask for :D but it's what I think they should add to make DHS a 5 star theme park.

JasonDeyoung

Hollywood Boulevard
Upgraded GMR

Ewok play area

Muppet Studios
Muppet Mobile Labs
Gonzo quick-service

Pixar Place
Cars dark ride
Flo's
Junkyard Jamboree
Gusteau's
Ratatouille dark ride
Incredibles E-ticket
Monsters door coaster
Laugh Floor

Roger Rabbit mini-land (Toontown Trolley simulator, Roger and Jessica M&G, table-service with Donald/Daffy dueling pianos show)
Philharmagic relocation
Disney Junior revamp
Chip n' Dale flat ride
Mickey and Minnie M&G
Animation Academy revamp

Sunset
Second theater by B&TB (two different shows with Broadway-caliber quality. Changes every few years)
Fantasmic updates

That's a lot to ask for :D but it's what I think they should add to make DHS a 5 star theme park.
Wow, that's pretty detailed lol I'd agree with all of it. Except the muppets lol not a big fan but otherwise spot on :)

Misterdcp

That sure is a thorough list! I love some of those ideas.
What would you plan to do with the spaces currently occupied by some of the attractions you plan to move(relocate) to DHS? Such as Laugh Floor,Philharmagic , and BarnStormer(MK), and Finding Nemo - The Musical(DAK)

mahnamahna101

That sure is a thorough list! I love some of those ideas.
What would you plan to do with the spaces currently occupied by some of the attractions you plan to move(relocate) to DHS? Such as Laugh Floor,Philharmagic , and BarnStormer(MK), and Finding Nemo - The Musical(DAK)
Laugh Floor - WALL-E show or an original concept related to time travel
Philharmagic - Hunchback of Notre Dame show
Barnstormer - used as part of NFL Phase 2 (Neverland, Wonderland, 100 Acre Wood and Pleasure Island mini-lands, B&TB dark ride, Bald Mountain, Casey Jr. gets an actual ride)
Finding Nemo show - Good Dinosaur so it properly fits Dinoland

Phineas

Maybe they'll re-theme the speedway as the Frozen Speedway! LOL.:D
Let's teach our little Mouseketeers about the harrowing nature of black ice, careening and spinning around all corners at speeds up to and including 6MPH, leading to the exciting climax where you and Sven get to dig out your Chevy Malibu from your own, magically snow-engulfed driveway. It's mandatory to do this last part every morning for the entirety of your trip.

As a New Yorker, I'd be more than qualified to be called in as a resource. Have to make sure everything about the experience remains authentic.

JIMINYCR

Hollywood Boulevard
Upgraded GMR

Ewok play area

Muppet Studios
Muppet Mobile Labs
Gonzo quick-service

Pixar Place
Cars dark ride
Flo's
Junkyard Jamboree
Gusteau's
Ratatouille dark ride
Incredibles E-ticket
Monsters door coaster
Laugh Floor

Philharmagic relocation
Disney Junior revamp
Chip n' Dale flat ride
Mickey and Minnie M&G
Animation Academy revamp

Sunset
Fantasmic updates

I Like It All. Now lets all chip in and get him a seat on the board to approve this entire list. That surely would drive up the attendance figures for the park and give Uni some competition. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom