What should be the next WS pavillion?

Kingdom WDW

Original Poster
If you've ever stayed at an Epcot resort (Yacht Club, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Swan or Dolphin) you might not have made such a statement. The International Gateway and the area between it and these resorts is one of the most beautiful and relaxing areas in all of Walt Disney World.

Scott

I can't agree with you more. When I stayed at the BC, we found ourselves walking around Crescent Lake a lot and the International Gateway area was beautiful, even this time when we didn't stay there it is so relaxing and serene. The music helps, too. :)

Scott M

I can't agree with you more. When I stayed at the BC, we found ourselves walking around Crescent Lake a lot and the International Gateway area was beautiful, even this time when we didn't stay there it is so relaxing and serene. The music helps, too. :)

The International Gateway area's beauty and serenity are just an additional bonus to the original intent of the gate: Functionality and convenience.

The Epcot resorts are the second most populus resort grouping behind the Magic Kingdom resorts. The International Gateway serves as an expeditious entry and exit for this area via a short walk or boat ride and eleviates the need for bus service between these resorts and Epcot.

This entrance/exit also gives Epcot guests that are not staying at these resorts an easy way to take a break from the park and gives them additional alternatives for entertainment and dining.

The International Gateway certainly serves a clear purpose.

Scott

sbkline

I think Australia or Greece would be the best choices. However, I would also like to see a new Australia land at AK, and I don't know if that would be too reduntant or not...to have Australia represented at both places.

I can see alot that they could do with a Greece pavillion, such as a mythological ride and such.

Russia might be cool, but given the increasing animosity between our two governments, I don't know if that would happen or not. But heck, China is still a communist country and a potential military threat, but that country is still represented, so there ya go, I guess.

Brazil may be too similar to Mexico, but Ireland may be nice.

But I think my top votes go to Australia and Greece.

Regardless, they really need to put some new rides in there, whether in the existing countries or in a new country...because I am getting pretty bored with WS to be totally honest. While very pretty, the place gets pretty freakin' boring when all you can do is walk around and look at buildings and useless merchandise that I have no plans of buying.

Krimedog

i think Brazil would be a good addition. the amazon river cruise thing would be pretty neat, put some AA animals in their. Probably be to similar to jungle cruise though.

Greece would also Be a great addition, incorporate hercules into it. Have characters Hercules, Meg, Zeus, Hades etc. Have them all hang their and sign autographs.

Not just Ireland though, how about Iceland. I mean Ireland is covered with ice and iceland is very nice. You may be able to incorporate both of those into the same pavilion somehow.

ZapperZ

Definitely Brazil or a country from South America. There is no representation of a place south of the Equator so far at World Showcase. Egypt or a another country from Africa would also be nice, since this will certainly add to the diversity. However, it would really blow me away if they pick either Thailand, Malaysia, or Indonesia. That would make for a very interesting addition.

Zz.

Passport

i think Brazil would be a good addition. the amazon river cruise thing would be pretty neat, put some AA animals in their. Probably be to similar to jungle cruise though.

Greece would also Be a great addition, incorporate hercules into it. Have characters Hercules, Meg, Zeus, Hades etc. Have them all hang their and sign autographs.

Not just Ireland though, how about Iceland. I mean Ireland is covered with ice and iceland is very nice. You may be able to incorporate both of those into the same pavilion somehow.

Iceland would be great.
Don't they already kind of have Ireland part of the United Kingdom area?

JML42691

Italy, oh wait they already have that. Well maybe they should actually put something in there in all that empty space to make me stay more than 10 minutes there if I am not eating.

Passport

I think it should be Africa. South Africa has some really good food. They can kind of do a Lion King type thing.

That would be cool. And it does fit with a movie they already have. And except for the topiary over by the refreshment outpost, I can't think of the Lion King anywhere else in EPCOT. Correct me if I am wrong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom