What should be the 3rd land at Walt Disney Studios Park?

What should be the 3rd expansion land at Walt Disney studios park?

• Pandora the world of Avatar

Votes: 36 33.6%
  • Zootopia

Votes: 9 8.4%
  • Cars Land

Votes: 16 15.0%
  • Disney should just build Galaxy’s Edge

Votes: 24 22.4%
  • Other

Votes: 22 20.6%

• Total voters

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Maybe elsewhere (replace Aladdin maybe) but I’d rather the lake aims for more… ambitious projects
Considering the level of ambition we've seen so far for the Studios redevelopment is barely reaching the concrete roof, let alone blue sky, my expectations aren't that high for the Phase 2 expansions (lakeside or otherwise). Prove me wrong though, especially since DLP is the current darling/cash cow of DPEP alongside TDR.

cjkeating

Considering the level of ambition we've seen so far for the Studios redevelopment is barely reaching the concrete roof, let alone blue sky, my expectations aren't that high for the Phase 2 expansions (lakeside or otherwise). Prove me wrong though, especially since DLP is the current darling/cash cow of DPEP alongside TDR.
Darling of the International Parks segment... DLP is making a profit which is a revelation and more than the Chinese parks are doing but still a tiny $ number and low margin compared to the US parks.

Sir_Cliff

Darling of the International Parks segment... DLP is making a profit which is a revelation and more than the Chinese parks are doing but still a tiny $ number and low margin compared to the US parks.
I am curious to know how profitable DLRP is these days. The overall number for the International Parks segment is low, but who knows how much they lost in Shanghai and Hong Kong during the last few quarters?

Indy_UK

In reality, Disney hasn’t had to do too much to turn DLP around since taking over. Added a decent Lion King show, a nice looking Avengers Campus and announce an expansion, despite the constant prices rises there too.

Still far from perfect in the studios park but my heart is more with Paris than Orlando these days

Sir_Cliff

In reality, Disney hasn’t had to do too much to turn DLP around since taking over. Added a decent Lion King show, a nice looking Avengers Campus and announce an expansion, despite the constant prices rises there too.
I could be wrong about this, but my impression is that DLP management deserves a lot of the credit for the resort's recent turnaround. They seem to really care about things like refurbishments and live entertainment that I imagine they have more control over. The 30th Anniversary, for example, seems to have been a massive success, particularly when compared to WDW's 50th.

Where I think the resort could be more ambitious is in terms of expansion, but then wouldn't that be more something that has to go through management and WDI back in the States?

Indy_UK

The people they have in charge of DLP are certainly the right people. You can tell from the quality of maintenance and shows they put on that they truly care.

I feel that they are given a small budget from Burbank and they decide to use it for what I mentioned about rather than blowing it on adding capacity and rides which will easily eat up their budgets.

The resorts on the whole are decent. (Can thank Eisner for building too many at the time) Food is very slowly getting better. It really is just expansions and rides that are needed.

I don’t even want a 3rd park in my lifetime. I just want 2 fleshed out parks and an awesome mini Disney Springs

UpAllNight

Disney Parks can’t be judged singularly in their profitability as they are effectively shop windows to the brand, which result in additional none resort specific purchases. It’s why the closure of the Disney Stores was incredibly short sighted imo. Whenever we went to a place with one it was an “event” to go, resulting in a subtle additional layer of brand loyalty, even if we never purchased a thing.

On that, they need to build more in Paris, and Avatar seems a sensible decision based on popularity

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom