What rides would you like to see at DW?

Spike-in-Berlin

AK: Journey to the center of the earth, since their putting in Australia they have a real opportunity to put a new E-ticket in that area... interesting coaster based on this????
!

Actually I am just DYING for the Journey to the Center of the Earth coming to the World. I have never seen it in reality but read about it and I saw some videos and it seems to be a fascinating ride.

But I don't know why you believe Australia is an opportunity to put it in DAK. It doesn't fit into Australia. Not a bit. The entire background of the story, either the original be Jules Verne or the one of the attraction in Tokyo, has absolutely nothing to do with Australia. Australia doesn't even have active volcanoes and JTTCOTE is based on a trip through a volcano!
And the Toyko attraction is not a coaster btw.
I don't know where to put the Toyko attraction in WDW. It doesn't fit in most of the themes although I love the idea.

My favorite instead: Fire Mountain in Adventureland, the most promising coaster design idea Disney Imagineering developed in the last 20 years, a morphing coaster that runs through and around a volcano and is located outside the berm and connected to Adventureland via a walk or tunnel between PotC and JC. Adventureland definitely needs a major addition (see my thread Am I the only who loves Adventureland most). An alternative to Fire Mountain would be the Indiana Jones Adventure in Adventureland on the area where Fire Mountain would be built.

There are several attractions for MK that would make sense, but they all belong either into Adventureland or Tomorrowland as these are IMHO the two most troubled Lands in MK. Frontierland is fine, Liberty Square too and Fantasyland will be expanded soon. Leaving Tomorrowland, that is...well quite a mess with some rides that are either heavily outdated (Indy Speedway), completely wrong in the area (Monsters Inc., what do monster comedians have to do with the Future?), boring and unpopular (Stitch) or dated again (COP) I know that COP is a classic and has a strong fandom but I only visited it last time due to bad weather. I never did stitch or monsters a second time and the only reason to go to TL are Space Mountain and Buzz Lightyear.

So either if they build a new coaster, dark ride etc. as a new E-Ticket it should be placed in Adventureland or Tomorrowland (better both of course)

audiotinker

Original Poster
MK: Indiana Jones mine car coaster in AL. The full on refurb of Pirates, with the Pirates Of The Scarribean, that was killed. Eddie Soto's Space Racer ride for TL along with the Futurama ride imagineers have drawn up.

EPCOT: Space Mountain 2/New Horizons ride that was planned for DLP. Rides for Germany, Japan, China and France. New Imagination. The completion of SSE's finale.

DHS: Indiana Jones dark ride. MI coaster. Nightmare Before Christmas darkride, Carsland, GMR refurb. TRON ride.

AK: Journey To The Center Of The Earth, Mystic Manor, Dragon Tower, Fantasia boat ride. Excavator coaster. And a re-themed Jurassic/Jungle Cruise boat ride that was planned at one time.

That's not asking too much.

If all of this actually happened, I would have to pitch a tent because I would never leave :lol:

audiotinker

Original Poster
Actually I am just DYING for the Journey to the Center of the Earth coming to the World. I have never seen it in reality but read about it and I saw some videos and it seems to be a fascinating ride.

But I don't know why you believe Australia is an opportunity to put it in DAK. It doesn't fit into Australia.

I meant this to be two different ideas, as in I would love to see JTTCOTE, AND since Australia may be coming it would be an opportunity to put in an E-ticket... sorry... forgot my "and" :animwink:
I think it MAY fit well over by Dinosaur, however it is kind of a similar ride with a coaster like ending... not sure. I think AK would probably be the best place, although I imagine they would get this notion that since its sci-fi fantasy etc. it should go in tomorrowland or something... and that would be weird.

drossjr

Carsland would have to be in the pixar area. An MI coaster is already in the planning stages, a Ratatouille coaster has been mentioned by several bloggers and on several boards but this isn't official just a cool idea, and the official announcement for Australia is not yet, but is a definite possibility considering all the hype about a new land in AK. Of course, I agree that these would be great assets to the parks, and Carsland is already at California Adventure to be open in 2012. Tomorrowland seems like the exact wrong place for such a thing considering it has no relevance with the tomorrowland concept :lookaroun . As far as Australia, this is not set in stone, but rumored to be a distinct possibility as well, and as far as I'm concerned would be a great addition to AK.

I don't expect everyone to agree with me. I would love however to hear your concepts. :D

By the way: I think changing the Land Pavilion to the AXIOM would be freaking awesome. Really, they wouldn't have to change much and could just re-theme. But they could totally change the outside, incorporate the eateries, Soarin, and The Land into the mix, and maybe add a couple of new things to the pavilion. I think a huge Axiom building would be sweet!!!! Also, it seems to me like they could do something with LOST at HS. Maybe a LOST experience in place of Sounds Dangerous. Simulated plane crash lol! Or sound stage surround sound Lost experience (instead of the haircut- which I loved).

Why would Carsland have to be in Pixar Place? Do I need to start the list of Pixar attractions in other parks? Should they pack up The Seas with Nemo and Friends and move it to DHS?

Does MILF belong in Tommorowland? Doest Stitch belong in Tommorowland? Pretty sure that movie didnt take place in the future! :wave:

drossjr

MK: Indiana Jones mine car coaster in AL. The full on refurb of Pirates, with the Pirates Of The Scarribean, that was killed. Eddie Soto's Space Racer ride for TL along with the Futurama ride imagineers have drawn up.

EPCOT: Space Mountain 2/New Horizons ride that was planned for DLP. Rides for Germany, Japan, China and France. New Imagination. The completion of SSE's finale.

DHS: Indiana Jones dark ride. MI coaster. Nightmare Before Christmas darkride, Carsland, GMR refurb. TRON ride.

AK: Journey To The Center Of The Earth, Mystic Manor, Dragon Tower, Fantasia boat ride. Excavator coaster. And a re-themed Jurassic/Jungle Cruise boat ride that was planned at one time.

That's not asking too much.

Items listed in red, Space Mountain 2??? Seriously? I would be very upset if they couldnt come up with something more original, Nightmare before Christmas sounds great but could it really be relevent the rest of the year? Fantasia boat ride? they had a boat ride at AK and it bombed and it was boring, unless you have more details about this proposed attraction i dont see that working better then the last,

Carsland would be fine as long as it replaces the attraction in MK OR they build Carsland and demo the racers in TL for something else, dont want two of these rides at WDW

palmickey420

i am 99% positive that they aren't gonna get rid of the speedway. and i wouldn't want it to cuz that is one of the few rides in MK that hasn't had anything major done to it.

but i would like to see them turn HM into a nightmare before christmas ride like at DL just for the holiday season. WDW needs more of that seasonal stuff

Spike-in-Berlin

but i would like to see them turn HM into a nightmare before christmas ride like at DL just for the holiday season. WDW needs more of that seasonal stuff

That won't happen. If you want to believe some insider informations they don't even like the DL-version in Disneys head of boards and would like to cancel it.

cblodg

Ok, I had some time to think and came up with a couple more ideas.

1. TRON Lightcycle Coaster- It could be a dark coaster based on the movies, with an awesome long queue that compares to Space Mountain but immerses you into the world of TRON. The blacklit/ glowy type stuff would be amazing. When you get to the ride, it would be a dark coaster that has two queue's on either side of the coaster so that you can load in two different coasters that run side by side and basically duel or race. They would start out together and race the whole time, and the track could be lit by the glowing lines swirving in and out from each other, in loops etc. I think a launch start like that of RNRC would be amazing, and the gates/lasers/mainframe look of Tron would also be spectacular to fly through on a coaster that looks like your racing lightcycles. WOOHOO!!!!

2. Ok... I can't top that, but I thought a re-theming of Splash Mountain to something based on Princess and the Frog, such as Going Down the Bayou or something would be great. I love the theme now, but I think that would be amazing.

I could not say NO to that any louder! I couldn't imagine MK without Splash Mountain and I'm not sure I see the need for a Princess and the Frog themed ride.

I do agree with the IJA coming to either DHS or MK (I was sold on MK a while ago though...)

Evil Genius

i almost vomited thinking of re-theming Splash.......not to mention re-theming it to a movie that totally bombed in the box office :brick:

The film grossed $266,475,899...which more than doubled its production budget so I'd hardly call it a "bomb".

That being said, Splash Mountain needs NO re-themeing!

Spike-in-Berlin

i almost vomited thinking of re-theming Splash.......not to mention re-theming it to a movie that totally bombed in the box office :brick:

Not exactly bombed, it was a minor success. But not such a success that any ride should be based on it.
There is no logical connection between a movie and a successful attraction anyway. Some classic attractions were built without any movie they were based on. PotC and HM, JC and BTMR are all without any movie background or were until movies were produced that were based on the ride, HM and PotC.
Others are based on movies which are nearly unknown to modern audience, have YOU seen Song of the South? Its not even available on DVD.
And on the other side we have very successful movies that never spinned an attraction, Aristocats, Jungle Book, Lady and the tramp etc.

A real good idea for an attraction doesn't need a movie background,

Evil Genius

Not exactly bombed, it was a minor success. But not such a success that any ride should be based on it.
There is no logical connection between a movie and a successful attraction anyway. Some classic attractions were built without any movie they were based on. PotC and HM, JC and BTMR are all without any movie background or were until movies were produced that were based on the ride, HM and PotC.
Others are based on movies which are nearly unknown to modern audience, have YOU seen Song of the South? Its not even available on DVD.
And on the other side we have very successful movies that never spinned an attraction, Aristocats, Jungle Book, Lady and the tramp etc.

A real good idea for an attraction doesn't need a movie background,

I agree whole-heartedly!

I would prefer that new attractions NOT be attached to any specific franchise or property. We're getting enough of that with the FLE so I'd love to see WDI work outside that mindset and really get back to what made the parks...Magic Kingdom specifically...unique!

audiotinker

Original Poster
I didn't know that changing Splash would be so controversial :lol: Personally I loved the movie, and I agree with those who think that everything doesn't have to be themed after the movies, this actually drives me crazy. I think it happens way too often. However, I would like to see a ride based on Princess and the Frog, maybe another boat-like ride in that same area. Maybe they could get rid of those creepy singing bears that are always falling apart and have like missing eyeballs. :eek:

palmickey420

ok 2 things
1. yes i have seen song of the south (my favorite) and the reason its not available on DVD i because back when they made it blacks didn't have full legal rights yet so they had to ban the movie so now the only way to get it is to bootleg it off the internet, pay $50 at a civil war store (yes they sold 1 for $50 bucks on VHS but only cause of its rarity), or go to jamaica or england and buy it.

Maybe they could get rid of those creepy singing bears that are always falling apart and have like missing eyeballs. :eek:
2. Country Bear Jamboree is a Disney Classic. it was just one of those Disney Classic, the other being HM, that had a movie based on 'em that bombed. but the attraction itself is fun for the whole family

ScorpionX

Magic Kingdom:
Main Street USA- Magic Kingdom Presents a Preview of Coming Attractions
Adventureland- Fire Mountain
Frontierland- Lewis & Clark River Expedition
Liberty Square- Mark Twain Riverboat
Fantasyland- Robin Hood's Adventures in Sherwood Forest, from Imagineer 2
Mickey's Toontown Fair- Ludwig Von Drake's House of Genius
Tomorrowland- 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
Epcot:
Future World East- New Horizons, Marvels of Art
Future World West- Journey Into Imagination with Dreamfinder, Soarin' Over the World
World Showcase East- Antarctica
World Showcase West- Equatorial Africa
Disney's Hollywood Studios:
Hollywood Boulevard- Superstar Television
Echo Lake- Indiana Jones & the Lost Treasure of Atlantis
New York Street- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles -Live!
Pixar Place- Who Wants to be a Millionaire? -Play It!
Animation Courtyard- The Princess & the Frog -The Musical!
Sunset Boulevard- The Best of Phineas & Ferb in 3D
Disney's Animal Kingdom:
Discovery Island- DisneyNature's Oceans
Camp Minnie-Mickey- Journey to the Center of the Earth
Africa- Legend of the Lion King
Rafiki's Planet Watch- Disney's Friends for Change
Asia- Tiger River Rapids
Dinoland USA- Tarzan Rocks!

misterID

Items listed in red, Space Mountain 2??? Seriously? I would be very upset if they couldnt come up with something more original, Nightmare before Christmas sounds great but could it really be relevent the rest of the year? Fantasia boat ride? they had a boat ride at AK and it bombed and it was boring, unless you have more details about this proposed attraction i dont see that working better then the last,

Carsland would be fine as long as it replaces the attraction in MK OR they build Carsland and demo the racers in TL for something else, dont want two of these rides at WDW

Huh? Space Mountain Mission 2 is the best SM, not to mention one of THE best disney coasters of any park. Why wouldn't you want it in EPCOT?

Nightmare Before Christmas would be relevant everytime you got on it. Plus, there were plans to make the ride in DHS. The Fantasia boat ride was supposed to be along the lines of a It's A Small World, from what I gather.

Carsland and Speedway are nothing close to being the same. But I do think Speedway should be demolished for something else.

Spike-in-Berlin

I didn't know that changing Splash would be so controversial :lol: Personally I loved the movie, and I agree with those who think that everything doesn't have to be themed after the movies, this actually drives me crazy. I think it happens way too often. However, I would like to see a ride based on Princess and the Frog, maybe another boat-like ride in that same area. Maybe they could get rid of those creepy singing bears that are always falling apart and have like missing eyeballs. :eek:

I HATE Country Bears, I believe it is an attraction that appeals mostly to Americans, I was bored beyond belief and never did it again and never will again.
But it is a classic and still very popular. I don't see any reason to demolish a classic (although I don't like it) for a mediocre movie success with no major cultural impact (compared to PotC e.g.)

No offense but you don't seem to have a good instinct about what some attractions like SM mean to the WDW-fandom. SM is the only E-Ticket added to MK in decades and is very successful, why change it? What's your next idea? Demolish HM to make room for some Princess and the Frog rollercoaster? :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom