What rides would you like to see at DW?

audiotinker

Original Poster
I thought this would be a fun discussion topic as many have ideas for what they would like to see come to DW. Personally, here are my picks!

MK: Anything, anything in tomorrowland.... ugh. I don't know about this. I've thought so hard about what could make this area better... no ideas from my side.
EPCOT: MI Coaster, Ratatouille Coaster in France, or a WALL.E coaster/Axiom
HS: Carsland Radiator Springs Racers, Pixarland Crush Coaster, Indiana Jones Adventure, and get rid of star tours (even though I know their updating) and put in an actual dark coaster!!! :rolleyes:
AK: Journey to the center of the earth would be awesome (maybe over by Dinosaur?), AND since their are rumors that they are putting in Australia they have a real opportunity to put a new E-ticket in that area... interesting coaster based on this????

So, those are my two cents! I would love to hear what other people think and their ideas on MK too. Thanks!

Krack

I'd like to see them put a 15 minute omnimover dark ride in Epcot that focuses on how all the other pavilion concepts (communications, energy, imagination, agriculture, the oceans, transportation) will effect the way we will live in the future. It would have tons of AAs and in many respects be an unofficial sequel to the Carousel of Progress. It would have a catchy theme song, too.

This is a great thread idea. If I have time, I'm gonna do a write up on this "History of Transportation" dark ride I have floating around in my brain too. ;)

Also, they can't get Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye into DHS fast enough. And I want a James Bond E-ticket, there too. And I'd put a TRON (Tomorrowland Resident Online Network) overlay on the Peoplemover.

audiotinker

Original Poster
Also, they can't get Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye into DHS fast enough. And I want a James Bond E-ticket, there too. And I'd put a TRON (Tomorrowland Resident Online Network) overlay on the Peoplemover.

I totally agree. A James Bond E-ticket though?? never thought of that one. Would be interesting to be sure. Maybe a JB backlot or stunt experience? And I totally forgot about TRON. This, my friend, is a must. I mean, they would have to do it right. But it could be really great. If they did some cheesy star wars/body wars-esque thing I would be unhappy. But imagine they do a dark ride with the TRON experience in mind, keeping to the light FX, and adding the thrust element that RNRC has, and you would have a pretty exhilarating ride IMO.

Thrill Seeker

MK: Replace Stitch with Hulk Encounter
Clone the Tokyo Enchanted Tiki Room here and move Stitch there
Demo the Speedway to replace it with two major E-ticket attractions. The first one is an Incredibles based thrill ride and the second being an original time travel related concept simulator.

Epcot: Overhaul Imagination with a new attraction bringing Dreamfinder back, lengthening the track and re-opening the upstairs Imageworks. Captain EO would be replaced by an origin of Figment 4-D film after it's run.

Build a new lightcycle Tron thrill ride at the former Wonders of Life site. It would be an internet/computer based pavilion sponsored by Microsoft. After the main attraction, guests would enter Flynn's Workshop where they can learn more about how computers have changed our lives as well as play interactive games.

Replace Circle of Life with a Wall-E Environmental Film.

Update Living with the Land with a new finale.

Update Universe of Energy with a new show complete with 3-D effects.

Build a new coaster in Japan.

I'll post more of my thoughts on this later.

drossjr

I'd like to see them put a 15 minute omnimover dark ride in Epcot that focuses on how all the other pavilion concepts (communications, energy, imagination, agriculture, the oceans, transportation) will effect the way we will live in the future. It would have tons of AAs and in many respects be an unofficial sequel to the Carousel of Progress. It would have a catchy theme song, too.

:ROFLOL::lol::lookaroun:hammer::brick::dazzle:

drossjr

I thought this would be a fun discussion topic as many have ideas for what they would like to see come to DW. Personally, here are my picks!

MK: Anything, anything in tomorrowland.... ugh. I don't know about this. I've thought so hard about what could make this area better... no ideas from my side.
EPCOT: MI Coaster, Ratatouille Coaster in France, or a WALL.E coaster/Axiom
HS: Carsland Radiator Springs Racers, Pixarland Crush Coaster, Indiana Jones Adventure, and get rid of star tours (even though I know their updating) and put in an actual dark coaster!!! :rolleyes:
AK: Journey to the center of the earth, since their putting in Australia they have a real opportunity to put a new E-ticket in that area... interesting coaster based on this????

So, those are my two cents! I would love to hear what other people think and their ideas on MK too. Thanks!

Why would you put a MI Coaster in Epcot? Seriously a Ratatouille Coaster??? What are you going to dodge food being thrown at you?

Carsland Racers in HS? Why not in tommorowland? :hammer:

Where is the announcement for Austrailia?

sorcerergoofy

I know none of this is possible, but hey, I can dream right? :sohappy:

MK - Bring back Alien Encounter, Add a Wall E ride of some sort to TL, Bring in an Alice and Wonderland ride, and ditch the Carpets and build a REAL Aladdin ride!
Epcot - Overhaul of the Imagination Pavilion, Add new country to WS and a new ride there, Re-theme Soarin' to UP!, Replace Nemo with Crush Coaster, Update Illuminations, and add a Mountain ride (I think all 4 parks need mountains!)
DHS - Re-theme RnRc to VILLAINS! (as was already suggested by someone in another thread), Replace the Indy show with the Indy ride, Add the rumored Star Wars show/restaurant, rid of Backlot Tour and put some type of outdoor coaster there, and also add a Mountain.
AK - Build a Lion King dark ride, add new land (something like Paradise Falls maybe?), also add some kind of creepy "lost in the jungle at night" type of ride.

Like I said, these are only my dreams lol.

Tooning

Anything Wall-E Would be great- I am not really sure why they didn't reallytake this phenomenon farther/take advantage of its popularity. A ride beside space mountain would be great-get rid Speedway.And I know they haven't had a chance yet but way more Marvel stuff(rides, Souveniers, characters).

Definately something more in AK. Preferably a thrill ride.

I also like most of the ideas I've seen on this thread. My wife would love to see something Ratatouille in France

audiotinker

Original Poster
Why would you put a MI Coaster in Epcot? Seriously a Ratatouille Coaster??? What are you going to dodge food being thrown at you?

Carsland Racers in HS? Why not in tommorowland? :hammer:

Where is the announcement for Austrailia?

Carsland would have to be in the pixar area. An MI coaster is already in the planning stages, a Ratatouille coaster has been mentioned by several bloggers and on several boards but this isn't official just a cool idea, and the official announcement for Australia is not yet, but is a definite possibility considering all the hype about a new land in AK. Of course, I agree that these would be great assets to the parks, and Carsland is already at California Adventure to be open in 2012. Tomorrowland seems like the exact wrong place for such a thing considering it has no relevance with the tomorrowland concept :lookaroun . As far as Australia, this is not set in stone, but rumored to be a distinct possibility as well, and as far as I'm concerned would be a great addition to AK.

I don't expect everyone to agree with me. I would love however to hear your concepts. :D

By the way: I think changing the Land Pavilion to the AXIOM would be freaking awesome. Really, they wouldn't have to change much and could just re-theme. But they could totally change the outside, incorporate the eateries, Soarin, and The Land into the mix, and maybe add a couple of new things to the pavilion. I think a huge Axiom building would be sweet!!!! Also, it seems to me like they could do something with LOST at HS. Maybe a LOST experience in place of Sounds Dangerous. Simulated plane crash lol! Or sound stage surround sound Lost experience (instead of the haircut- which I loved).

Glasgow

Three words ... Western-River-Expedition. It will never be built but that is the most fascinating attraction that never was.

Otherwise, I'd settle for IJA .. yes, it would be a clone, but I don't care. It's in the top 4 attractions in WDW in my opinion (PoTC, SSE, HM, IJA)

Master Gracey 5

I think they could do a lot with UP - either making a Paradise Falls/Lost World area in AK or a new ride in Pixar Place. I'd love to see something creative, but I also think use of the Soarin system to "fly" over Paradise Falls would be an amazing ride. You could theoretically even put something like that in Adventureland if you wanted, but AK/DHS could use the ride more IMO.

MEyeSeeKayEY

Magic Kingdom- Stitch and the Speedway have got to go. Both are horrible. A Wall-E ride of some sort in Tomorrowland would be perfect. Replace the Magic Carpets in Adventureland with something else, anything else.

EPCOT- Would love to see a new country added to the World Showcase and UP theme to replace Soarin' is a good idea.

Hollywood Studios- Some things are in the works, but I would love to see Cars Land, the Indiana Jones Ride, MI coaster and maybe another dark ride of some sort.

Animal Kingdom- Where do I start? Add another land and incorporate Tarzan in some way, shape or form back into the park. Definitely need another E-Ticket ride to take the weight off of Everest, so it can have refurbs occationally.

sorcerergoofy

Magic Kingdom- Stitch and the Speedway have got to go. Both are horrible. A Wall-E ride of some sort in Tomorrowland would be perfect. Replace the Magic Carpets in Adventureland with something else, anything else.

EPCOT- Would love to see a new country added to the World Showcase and UP theme to replace Soarin' is a good idea.

Hollywood Studios- Some things are in the works, but I would love to see Cars Land, the Indiana Jones Ride, MI coaster and maybe another dark ride of some sort.

Animal Kingdom- Where do I start? Add another land and incorporate Tarzan in some way, shape or form back into the park. Definitely need another E-Ticket ride to take the weight off of Everest, so it can have refurbs occationally.

While Stitch isn't my favorite, I wouldn't consider it Horrible, I would take back AE any day, though! lol

As far as Tarzan, I had never thought of that. That could be awesome!

loveofamouse

Definitely ditch the Stitch. Go back to AE.

Truly, I don't even know how stitch got over there. It was a movie in current Hawaii! Nothing futuristic but I digress....

Add a coaster of some type to MK. Sorry but MK needs SOMETHING new. lol.

AU to AK would be OK!(couldn't resist ;) ) Not sure what Disney movie(rescuers maybe?) to toss over there but I guess that's not necessarily a requirement.

Definitely bring that IJA over here! Not sure why we don't have it already! lol Making it similar to The Mummy at the other Orlando park would just be killer!

Epcot could use some more intense rides in WS. But I don't think a coaster would work. I think an outside coaster would take away from the scenery. An indoor coaster could work if the building is decorated right. Ratatouille....I don't know about that. RT was a movie aimed at young kids but young kids cant ride a coaster. maybe a RT ride-through.

Wall-E could even be incorporated into Space mountain. Truly, the could add in some animatronics of Wall-E and Eve into the queue and loading area. They could add the BURN-E driod to the end-ride/escalator area. The actual ride wouldn't change a whole lot but they could add White LEDs for stars all over the inside and maybe some planets to simulate the flying Wall-E and EVE did with the fire extinguisher in space.

HISTA in Epcot could be redone for the movie Flubber.

I totally agree about TRON being put in WoL place. that could be a sim, too. It would be a good way to learn about computers and electronics right down to the resistors, transistor and capacitor level. Especially since so much of our day to day lives rely on computers now.

Little Mermaid stage show really needs some love. I don't think I can stress that enough.

audiotinker

Original Poster
Ok, I had some time to think and came up with a couple more ideas.

1. TRON Lightcycle Coaster- It could be a dark coaster based on the movies, with an awesome long queue that compares to Space Mountain but immerses you into the world of TRON. The blacklit/ glowy type stuff would be amazing. When you get to the ride, it would be a dark coaster that has two queue's on either side of the coaster so that you can load in two different coasters that run side by side and basically duel or race. They would start out together and race the whole time, and the track could be lit by the glowing lines swirving in and out from each other, in loops etc. I think a launch start like that of RNRC would be amazing, and the gates/lasers/mainframe look of Tron would also be spectacular to fly through on a coaster that looks like your racing lightcycles. WOOHOO!!!!

2. Ok... I can't top that, but I thought a re-theming of Splash Mountain to something based on Princess and the Frog, such as Going Down the Bayou or something would be great. I love the theme now, but I think that would be amazing.

galaxy 9000

Magic Kingdom: Adventureland needs something, Jungle cruise and Pirates won't keep the area full all day.

Epcot: World Showcase needs more rides, at least one thing to ride/watch in each country.

Animal Kingdom: It needs more rides if it wants to upgrade from a half day park to an all day park(of course the hours are too short anyways)

Hollywood Studios: Needs the monsters inc coaster, the great movie ride needs to be upgraded, and sounds dangerous could be turned into another show thats actually worth watching.

sorcerergoofy

Ok, I had some time to think and came up with a couple more ideas.

1. TRON Lightcycle Coaster- It could be a dark coaster based on the movies, with an awesome long queue that compares to Space Mountain but immerses you into the world of TRON. The blacklit/ glowy type stuff would be amazing. When you get to the ride, it would be a dark coaster that has two queue's on either side of the coaster so that you can load in two different coasters that run side by side and basically duel or race. They would start out together and race the whole time, and the track could be lit by the glowing lines swirving in and out from each other, in loops etc. I think a launch start like that of RNRC would be amazing, and the gates/lasers/mainframe look of Tron would also be spectacular to fly through on a coaster that looks like your racing lightcycles. WOOHOO!!!!

2. Ok... I can't top that, but I thought a re-theming of Splash Mountain to something based on Princess and the Frog, such as Going Down the Bayou or something would be great. I love the theme now, but I think that would be amazing.

I really hope Tron doesn't come into the parks!

As for you Princess and the Frog idea...That would be amazing! I wouldn't dare re-theme Splash, but a new water ride based on Princess and the Frog would be great! IMO water rides are one thing that Disney is seriously lacking.

misterID

MK: Indiana Jones mine car coaster in AL. The full on refurb of Pirates, with the Pirates Of The Scarribean, that was killed. Eddie Soto's Space Racer ride for TL along with the Futurama ride imagineers have drawn up.

EPCOT: Space Mountain 2/New Horizons ride that was planned for DLP. Rides for Germany, Japan, China and France. New Imagination. The completion of SSE's finale.

DHS: Indiana Jones dark ride. MI coaster. Nightmare Before Christmas darkride, Carsland, GMR refurb. TRON ride.

AK: Journey To The Center Of The Earth, Mystic Manor, Dragon Tower, Fantasia boat ride. Excavator coaster. And a re-themed Jurassic/Jungle Cruise boat ride that was planned at one time.

That's not asking too much.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom