What ride is this from 2014 Planning DVD?

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
This was advertised to be in World Showcase in Epcot. I have no idea what the heck this is...

Untitled.jpg

NYwdwfan

I'm pretty sure it's Dinosaur - from the foliage in the background and orange lighting.

EDIT: Although the ride vehicle looks a little different:

8489059_f520.jpg

Weather_Lady

Definitely Maelstrom.

This photo captures how I felt the first time I rode it -- and realized that my expectations of a rough seafaring E-ticket adventure in a Viking vessel, tossed about in an actual faux-maelstrom beset by sea monsters -- were far, far too high for what the attraction actually was. I, too, screamed in horror.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
There are flashes and everyone gets scared. I think It's either Dinosaur or Ellen's Universe. Does not really seem like the boats in Maelstrom? I don't know though...

NYwdwfan

There are flashes and everyone gets scared. I think It's either Dinosaur or Ellen's Universe. Does not really seem like the boats in Maelstrom? I don't know though...

I couldn't find a really good photo of the Ellen ride vehicle but it doesn't appear to have a black bar above the back of the seat:

ellensadv.jpg

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
If it is in World Showcase I would say Maelstrom, but Energy Adventure popped into my head first (even though it isn't in WS). But then again Disney isn't always the best at accuracy in their videos or commercials, sometimes they use DL and WDW footage interchangeably.

slappy magoo

That picture has to be from the early 90s
During our visit in 2008 we bought a "Magic Kingdom" DVD. I'ts designed to seem like Mickey or Minnie going through each land, then clips of each individual attraction that was around at the time, and run for about a half-hour. I'm sure it was sold for years before then, but even then there were a few shots that stood out as "Promotional footage from the day this attraction was launched." Especially the footage from Space Mountain, which looked like it could have been from the early 80s and featured a family riding a roller coaster car that seemed attached to a mechanical bull-like device on the "Easy" mode while lights flash around them and they all point up as if to say "oooooh, looky there!" I get that it's hard to actually show what happens on a dark ride like Space Mountain; there are probably few setups that work in the dark, and for all I know this stuff was shot before the ride was even done and repurposed for this DVD. But man does it stick out like the proverbial turd in the punch bowl.

Tinkerbella16

It has to be Maelstrom from back in the day when you stop where the trolls appear or something. I can definitely tell it is the ride though. The flashing is probably one of the effects they add to the promotional videos to make it look scarier than it really is. They do that all the time lol.

Communicore

It can't be "Energy" because they would be shrieking when they see the footage, not the animatronics, lol...my goodness, that cordless phone is more dated than rotary phones, Zack Morris phone or Get Smart's shoe phone!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom