What Ride Is The Most Disappointing...

Doombuggy13

Stitch was a total waste of time. The only ride where my family looked at one another and agreed that it was lame.
Kali River Rapids is a sub-par rapids ride and The Sea's withe Nemo, although cool with how they worked the animation in with the live fish, it was really geared toward 3-4 year olds.

I don't know how anyone could really hate IASW. I know that the song has to get on everyone's nerves, but to hate something that is so classicly Disney? I don't know what to think.

I'm most def. not the kind of person who thinks WDW should be a museum (certain people want everything to be exactly as it was in the 70s). But I do think certain older attractions (Hall of Presidents, Country Bear Jamboree, IASW, etc.) are what makes WDW special.

Stitch is bad. Period. It lacks that Disney magic. And the Nemo ride was a waste of time. I personally hate BTMR, but I know that people like it, so yeah.

rdour@techminds

Narnia Thing.

OK, my vote would be for the Narnia whatever.

Anyone ever see the South Park where the kids get into the "Line Ride." The simulator of a long line. Then they get their pictures taken in the Line ride. Yeah, that's Narnia. You sit there and think wow, I must be about to experience something cool here, then they let you into a room with some trees with fake snow and office carpeting. Then they play a trailer and one animatronic of the queen does something. Then you think "oh, so this was the preshow." Wrong, you dump out into a hallway where people block the way while trying to take pictures with props behind glass. Worst part, that doesn't work with your flash on!!!!

I really think they need to shut that thing down. Couldn't they have done something else with that space? They could have promoted many other movies with the sound stage that thing takes up. Maybe an exhibit of strange inventions to promote Meet the Robinsons. Maybe cooking contests for Ratatouille. Hmmm, maybe a walk through the darkness of the Black Pearl's quarters. WHo knows, but Narnia was so timely that it should have lasted 6 months at the most.

Ryan

gibson12

Snow White

Reading through everyone else's idea of most disappointing makes me think how many rides leave you wishing they had done more with it. But to me, the one that really deserves better is Snow White.

There are still 2D cutouts in this dark ride. I don't think any of the figures can be considered animatronic, as they seem to have no moving parts. When you look at how some of the newer rides have such fluid moving characters, it makes me think there should not be anything left in the park that looks like Snow White does.

People like to throw around the "it started with a mouse" quote, but this is the project that really made this company and it remains one of the greatest acheivements not only for Disney but in all of film. In a time when so much of the magic feels forced and corporatized, you can always go back to this movie to refresh yourself with the purity of Walt's vision before the age of irony mandated a sarcastic sidekick in every feature.

They need to pull out all the stops and make this something really special--something that captures the magic of one of the most perfect stories ever to be animated. The one thing it almost does well is tell the story, but it moves a bit fast. Give it the detail, the breadth, and the magic of Disney's best efforts.

CThaddeus

I don't know how anyone could really hate IASW. I know that the song has to get on everyone's nerves, but to hate something that is so classicly Disney? I don't know what to think.

I'm most def. not the kind of person who thinks WDW should be a museum (certain people want everything to be exactly as it was in the 70s). But I do think certain older attractions (Hall of Presidents, Country Bear Jamboree, IASW, etc.) are what makes WDW special.

Stitch is bad. Period. It lacks that Disney magic. And the Nemo ride was a waste of time. I personally hate BTMR, but I know that people like it, so yeah.

I agree, I don't know how anyone could hate It's a Small World. I could hear the song for hours and not get tired of it. It's fun, it's infectuous, and it's classic Disney.
As for Stitch, I still don't get all the hatred for it. I think it has the "Disney magic" in spades. After going on it the first time, I was impressed enough to turn right around and go on it again. I've been in it 6 times now and I enjoy it more each time. It's far better than its predecessor (though admittedly that's not saying much), and I've yet to hear the oft-cited crying child in it. In fact, I've only heard children laughing and afterward say how much they liked it. I even overheard one child at Animal Kingdom asking his parents if they could go back to the Magic Kingdom to ride Stitch again.
Nemo - I feel the attraction is very good, it's just in the wrong Park. Had it been in Fantasyland or somewhere in Animal Kingdom (ie. next to Nemo: The Musical, though that would have been overkill) it would have been perfect.
Thunder Mountain - Wow. Why do you hate this? Just curious.
And rdour@techminds, I'm with you 100%. Narnia was such a joke. And I waited 15 minutes for it! Oh, and the White Witch is real, not animatronic...though that might have been more interesting to me if it was.

Fun2BFree

2) everest- only because i feel it was lacking something, a better finale or ending or something (kinda like btmrr) both are great rides, but i feel like they're lacking a good solid ending, maybe like that one last thrill before the ride ends or something i dunno, a better climax to the ending of the ride i guess, i'll still go on both of them willingly though

The huge AA Yeti doesn't do it for you, huh? :lookaroun

CThaddeus

I can understand where chinitopoop is coming from on this. Expedition: Everest is great until just after the final encounter with the Yeti, but there's no ending. As a comparison, on the Matterhorn you see the Abominable Snowman twice along the way, and after the second viewing, you exit the cave and eventually go through a splashdown and a more gradual return to the station. In E:E, you see the Yeti then immediately come out of the cave and the ride is over. It's just too abrupt an ending, and though I'm not disappointed by the attraction overall, I do think it could be improved with more of a wrap-up and "return to the real world" ending.
But I would argue that Thunder Mountain does provide both a climax and an ending. It's one of the most perfect coasters out there, if you ask me.

chinitopoop

no I think the yeti is amazing (when you can actually see it) last time all I got to see was two beedy little red eyes and the silhouette of a giant hand, I was so disapointed with b mode or whatever it was in, I just feel after that part with the yeti, theres nothing else to really make you say wow or scream out loud, just a couple more uneventful twists and turns, i felt like theyre shouldve been atleast one last drop or I dont know, SOMETHING I cant put my finger on what it is, but i felt it needed just that one last thrill right before you get off the ride to make it an absolutely perfect ride, to me the end of the ride is uneventful, and they shouldve given us that one final thrill, its not just me too, I've heard alot of people scream out "thats it?!" right as soon as the train reaches the platform, and i couldnt agree more with them, doesnt stop me from getting right back on the line to re-ride it again tho lol

DDEPILLO

Go Pats

Well for me it was Haunted Mansion. Don't get me wrong I love this ride. I went for the first time in 21 years in 2006 and when i went on, it brought back so many menories of my childhood but what really did it was the smell. I love the smell of the ride. I went back in oct. 2007 and i love the knew additions but the smell was gone :confused: well not completely I would catch a wiff of it once and awhile but for me I really liked that old musty greasy smell :)
Well I hope to be going back in 2009 :sohappy: so I hope the smell returns

sparky03

The Great Movie Ride for me was a huge disappointment. I felt embarassed for the cast members who just didn't seem into their parts at all last time I rode a couple years ago. I found the whole thing rather cheesy and quite lame.

Msully

Nemo definately!! I love Nemo and was ready to ride and when i saw it i wanted to call the police for horrible displaying. I dont see how people don't like SGE!! I love Stitch so much too but SGE is way to much fun.

EvilQueen81

I only (Hate) one ride and that is stitch. I would like laugh floor if it didn't put you on the spot. To me in a group of lets say 100 people there are at least 30 that would probably jump at the chance to talk and be on camera. I am not in that group and I don't like having to talk in front of people. They shoud ask for people to participate. I do have to admit that it is kinda funny when they pick on someone else but I don't want that person to be me.:lookaroun

chinitopoop

I only (Hate) one ride and that is stitch. I would like laugh floor if it didn't put you on the spot. To me in a group of lets say 100 people there are at least 30 that would probably jump at the chance to talk and be on camera. I am not in that group and I don't like having to talk in front of people. They shoud ask for people to participate. I do have to admit that it is kinda funny when they pick on someone else but I don't want that person to be me.:lookaroun

I'm in that same group with you, thats the one reason i dont like laugh floor because i'm afraid they're gonna pick on me, the first time i rode it they put the camera on me and on the screen it said (secretly wants to dance inside) i laughed it off but then they started playing a beat, actually expecting me to dance! couldnt tell you how embarrassed i felt, needless to say i didnt dance, it was putting me on the spot way too much so i just laughed and turned red... i think thats why i like turtle talk better lol he doesnt pick on you

I agree, I don't know how anyone could hate It's a Small World. I could hear the song for hours and not get tired of it. It's fun, it's infectuous, and it's classic Disney.
As for Stitch, I still don't get all the hatred for it. I think it has the "Disney magic" in spades. After going on it the first time, I was impressed enough to turn right around and go on it again. I've been in it 6 times now and I enjoy it more each time. It's far better than its predecessor (though admittedly that's not saying much), and I've yet to hear the oft-cited crying child in it. In fact, I've only heard children laughing and afterward say how much they liked it. I even overheard one child at Animal Kingdom asking his parents if they could go back to the Magic Kingdom to ride Stitch again.
Nemo - I feel the attraction is very good, it's just in the wrong Park. Had it been in Fantasyland or somewhere in Animal Kingdom (ie. next to Nemo: The Musical, though that would have been overkill) it would have been perfect.
Thunder Mountain - Wow. Why do you hate this? Just curious.
And rdour@techminds, I'm with you 100%. Narnia was such a joke. And I waited 15 minutes for it! Oh, and the White Witch is real, not animatronic...though that might have been more interesting to me if it was.

Hiya!

Thunder Mountain was a disappointment for a few reasons. Visually, when you're in Frontierland, the Mountain is amazing. But, after waiting about 45 minutes of waiting, and a short ride, I felt underwhelmed. We have a ride at Hershey Park almost identical to BTMRR that I loved as a kid, but its a little faster (maybe I'm losing it, but BTMRR seems to be getting slower?!?):confused:

Well for me it was Haunted Mansion. Don't get me wrong I love this ride. I went for the first time in 21 years in 2006 and when i went on, it brought back so many menories of my childhood but what really did it was the smell. I love the smell of the ride. I went back in oct. 2007 and i love the knew additions but the smell was gone :confused: well not completely I would catch a wiff of it once and awhile but for me I really liked that old musty greasy smell :)
Well I hope to be going back in 2009 :sohappy: so I hope the smell returns

The musty smell?!?:slurp:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom