What ride going away would bother you the most

Musical Mermaid

They've already taken away so much that I loved. As I've gotten older, I appreciate the longer attractions more that give a good amount of rest time instead of dumping me quickly to hop around the park and stand in lines.

I wouldn't be bothered much by any rides leaving at Animal Kingdom or Hollywood Studios. There'd be a few things I'd miss, but not to the point of being super bothered.

There are many I'd miss a lot more at Epcot and Magic Kingdom (especially due to the childhood nostalgia factor), but bothered the most would have to be Haunted Mansion and it's not even my favorite attraction. It's one most people can ride, has so many different detailed rooms and animatronics, has a good length where it doesn't feel too short or long, isn't reliant on screens for the entertainment, and has so many good practical effects. I'm not a fan of preshows in general, but Haunted Mansion's doesn't annoy me like many other rides. It's such a good attraction that I can't imagine the parks without it.

Pretty much all my other choices have been said to so I’ll pick something a little out of the way.

Dinosaur. I absolutely adore Dinosaur. The perfect amount of thrill, great sets and immersion on the track, animatronic dinosaurs (RIP UoE) nice gift shop, what else can I say? It will be a very sad day when it closes.

Walt Disney1955

Easily Splash Mountain. Nothing is off the table now. If Disney is willing to cheap out and get rid of one of the most popular attractions of all-time then there are no limits to the downgrading they might do.

I suppose if Pirates, Carousel of Progress, Small World and Haunted Mansion left then they would be in the same category

rhythmlife07

PeopleMover ... followed closely by Pirates, HM, WDWRR, and Spaceship Earth. Too many 80s-90s childhood memories on those rides.

Also, I love seeing Living with the Land and Carousel of Progress getting so much love!

Pepper's Ghost

I agree with almost everything everyone has said so far. I'm gonna do it by park too because it's so difficult. There are so many rides that would absolutely bum me out if they closed them down like SSE, PotC, ToT, etc., but I'm gonna list the ones that would literally rip my heart out of every park...

MK - Obviously (considering my screen name) HM. This is a ride I could ride literally 10 times in a row without waiting and never tire of it. It's my main reason for going to MK. The ride speaks to me in so many ways. I've not been on it in so many years so I'm not sure of it's current state, but if it were gone, it would take my desire to return with it. TTAPM and SpaceM get honorable mentions. I love PotC, but not in its current state.

Epcot - With Soarin' Over California already gone, as well as Test Track (now Tron Track), I guess I hafta say SSE even though I've heard it's current iteration is light years worse than it was my last trip.

HS - Definitely RnRC. I'm a child of the late80s/90s, so Aerosmith on this ride will always be king. I've said it before tho, if it had to be replaced Metallica is the only suitable change IMO. Giving it a makeover with some bubblegum pop princess (like Olivia whatever the eff her name is) would make me wish they'd blow it up and leave a smoking crater instead. I'd rather see them have smoke machines billowing smoke from a hole than to see them destroy the history of the ride like that. ToT is the honorable mention here. I love the ride and so fear a retheme to ruin it like they did in Cali.

AK
- I used to like this park more when it was unpopular. Now that it's so popular, I don't care for it as much. I can't explain it, but it's definitely not to be a contrarian. In any case, I'd say Everest since I've yet to see the Pandora land so I don't know what I'd be missing. Dinosaur gets the honorable mention here. Love that ride in it's heyday. Btw, I'm also thinking of Everest before it's post-Yeti era... which is basically almost all of it's existence. Crazy. I was lucky enough to ride it about a month after opening, and who'd have thought that after a few months of working in 2006, it would not work regularly ever since. Worked for a few months, then disco Yeti took over for the last 17 years. Absurd... but that's a completely different thread.

Minnesota disney fan

Now that Splash is gone, what ride would crush you if tomorrow they decided to retheme or close it.

for me its living with the land, there is nothing else like it and it reminds me of classic epcot, and there will never be another like it at a disney park and if rethemed would be nothing like what it is. I also fear someday it will be gone.

Muppets is another, while it could be cleaned and even updated, everytime in the parks I always go in there because I fear it might not be there when I return.

Splash Mountain, Oh......wait!

NickMaio

Now that Splash is gone, what ride would crush you if tomorrow they decided to retheme or close it.

for me its living with the land, there is nothing else like it and it reminds me of classic epcot, and there will never be another like it at a disney park and if rethemed would be nothing like what it is. I also fear someday it will be gone.

Muppets is another, while it could be cleaned and even updated, everytime in the parks I always go in there because I fear it might not be there when I return.
SSE....
Give it a classy retheme if they must.
However, I'd still live it if they left it alone for 20 years.
That golf ball is what EPCOT used to be.
Edutainment.

BlakeW39

My list would be:

MK:
Tiki Room
Haunted Mansion
The classics.

EP:
SSE
Soaring
Living with the Land (I would consider dropping everything and flying to FL if they closed it).

DHS:
ToT - although eventual re-theme is likely.
Great Movie Ride - LOL

Animal Kingdom:
Dinosaur
FOP
Everest

I really wouldn't mind if safari went, I can't imagine Disney holding onto it given its cost to run, the environmental impact of the trucks, and associated press regarding captive animals. The park should be more a celebration about animals characters and nature. Further reasoning to add Moana, Zootopia, and hopefully a Wakanda section one day.

Yeah, me an' you are enemies now.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
A tower retheme would suck…

But anymore destruction in Epcot would probably be the worst

Particularly living with the land. Or El Rio del tiempo

I’d say the American adventure…but it’s a little wonky as is.

Eric Graham

My wife and I really enjoy Soarin a lot, and the Seven Dwarves Mine Roller Coaster. Splash, though, was our favorite ride. I really enjoy the music for Princess and the Frog a lot. I bought the CD recently. I really like the New Orleans music. I have high expectations that the Tiana ride is as good as Splash, but we shall see. And, also, I've really liked the Muppets a lot. I visited a puppet museum in a city where Jim Henson helped create. I like the Muppets Christmas a lot. "We're Marley and Marley"

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
American Adventure. In addition to filling me with a sense of awe, the show itself is one of the last bastions of original Epcot as well as one of the most technically complex animatronic shows ever devised. That plus the fantastic music.

Losing Living with the Land would also be a huge blow in my opinion. For the same Epcot related reasons I stated above. For me personally, I once again really enjoy the aesthetics and soundtrack. I can listen to the area loops for hours on end...

Wilbret

I think Dumbo would cause riots.
For me, Haunted Mansion might send me over the edge.

Nothing at Epcot would bother me.
Nothing at HS would bother me, maybe ToT, but it would depend on the replacement.
AK maybe EE?

Smiley/OCD

I agree with almost everything everyone has said so far. I'm gonna do it by park too because it's so difficult. There are so many rides that would absolutely bum me out if they closed them down like SSE, PotC, ToT, etc., but I'm gonna list the ones that would literally rip my heart out of every park...

MK - Obviously (considering my screen name) HM. This is a ride I could ride literally 10 times in a row without waiting and never tire of it. It's my main reason for going to MK. The ride speaks to me in so many ways. I've not been on it in so many years so I'm not sure of it's current state, but if it were gone, it would take my desire to return with it. TTAPM and SpaceM get honorable mentions. I love PotC, but not in its current state.

Epcot - With Soarin' Over California already gone, as well as Test Track (now Tron Track), I guess I hafta say SSE even though I've heard it's current iteration is light years worse than it was my last trip.

HS - Definitely RnRC. I'm a child of the late80s/90s, so Aerosmith on this ride will always be king. I've said it before tho, if it had to be replaced Metallica is the only suitable change IMO. Giving it a makeover with some bubblegum pop princess (like Olivia whatever the eff her name is) would make me wish they'd blow it up and leave a smoking crater instead. I'd rather see them have smoke machines billowing smoke from a hole than to see them destroy the history of the ride like that. ToT is the honorable mention here. I love the ride and so fear a retheme to ruin it like they did in Cali.

AK
- I used to like this park more when it was unpopular. Now that it's so popular, I don't care for it as much. I can't explain it, but it's definitely not to be a contrarian. In any case, I'd say Everest since I've yet to see the Pandora land so I don't know what I'd be missing. Dinosaur gets the honorable mention here. Love that ride in it's heyday. Btw, I'm also thinking of Everest before it's post-Yeti era... which is basically almost all of it's existence. Crazy. I was lucky enough to ride it about a month after opening, and who'd have thought that after a few months of working in 2006, it would not work regularly ever since. Worked for a few months, then disco Yeti took over for the last 17 years. Absurd... but that's a completely different thread.
We’re kinda 2 peas in a pod…
MK: HM, JC, CoP, PM & PotC…it would’ve been Splash, but alas…
Epcot: With Soarin’ over California gone, it’s Spaceship Earth & LwtL…losing those would REALLY bother me…
HWD: ToT just because the queue is awesome…
AK: As much as I LOVE EE, I have to put KS first with EE & FoP a close second.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom