What ride do you think needs a refurb?

grunter

Star Tours, Star Tours, Star Tours!!

But we do NOT need a prequel make-over. No podracer film. At this point, even that would seem dated. It's been nearly 10 years since "Phantom Menace." We seriously do not need an Anakin child screaming "Yippee!" or the inclusion of Jar-Jar Binks anywhere.

Kman101

Space Mountain

Ellen's Energy Adventure
Journey Into Imagination with Figment
(In all honesty, Epcot could use a lot of refurbishment)

Star Tours

I wouldn't mind a truly refurbished Jungle Cruise.

TheBeatles

If Sound Dangerous goes away, I'm afraid of the potential mess that would replace it.

Impressions de France NEEDS to be updated with a new film. As much as I like things at EPCOT lingering from 1982, the France pavilion deserves a refurb.

Ravenclaw87

I'm surprised no one has said the Great Movie Ride yet...

Not necessarily all of the movies need to go, but at least the AA's need to be updated! They all just look so old! There's a lot of classic movies that people still recognize, too (I don't even think my grandparents have seen Footlight Parade) that are represented in AA's--- "Gone With the Wind," for instance would be a good one to throw in there.

They should also re-do the movie (again) too. It's been a few years, and some newer classics need to be added, and some older films they thought would be hits need to go. Case in Point: "Pearl Harbor" is shown, but "Titanic" is not!

gibson12

I would like more of the rides with animated characters to look as good as the new Jack Sparrow. Maybe not everything--It's A Small World is as close to perfect as you can get. I wouldn't want it to lose it's unique stylistic identity. I don't think I would change Splash Mountain either. But for example, both the Peter Pan and Snow White rides could be so much more.

One that I haven't ridden that looks like it would be very satisfying is the Monster's Inc. dark ride in California. From the video I've seen, it looks like it would have everything I admire in these attractions: cool effects, coherent story, lots of detail, fluid animatronics. Can we have one in Florida NOW, please?

wdwmomof3

I have to say Malestrom. When they do it, I wish that they could redo the exit so that you could get out without waiting on the film to end. I hate that part. It's like they are holding us hostage. :lookaroun

I would also like to see Space Mountain worked on so that it wouldn't be so jerky.

juscet

I was just there last week and was actually thinking about this very topic. I came up with this list:

1. Swiss Family Tree House- really, I walk up a tree, see some stuff, and walk back down... what fun.

2. Star Tours- weren't they supposed to do a new movie with pod racing?

3. Fantasmic- I know it was created around Pocahontas' release, but they need a more up-to-date part with a newer movie.

4. Snow White- always looks and feels so old

5. Stitch's Great Escape- saw it once, never need to go back, seems to be the normal response

6. Update the movies in the waiting areas: Dinosaur, Test Track, etc.

7. Sounds Dangerous- it has outlived it's usefulness

8. Jungle Cruise- although they would never make any major changes, since this was one of Walt's last projects.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Keeping it to one per park...
MK - Jungle Cruise
Epcot - Universe of Energy
DHS - Studio Backlot Tour
DAK - ...that's one's hard... but if I had to pick ONE RIDE it would be Kilimanjaro Safaris, just to get rid of that stupid "stop the poachers!" story. That thing ruins an otherwise great attraction.

Boray

I have to say Malestrom. When they do it, I wish that they could redo the exit so that you could get out without waiting on the film to end. I hate that part. It's like they are holding us hostage. :lookarounquote]

I haven't stayed for that movie since 1997. When the doors open, just walk all the way through and out the other set of doors. You don't have to stay for the movie. :wave:

Kman101

I forgot about Peter Pan and Great Movie Ride. Both are in major need of some TLC. The GMR could still keep some of it's classics but there have been loads of movies that can be added, as long as they keep the Wizard of Oz ending.

Austin1

There are so many attractions that need updated/refurbed. That being said, I am a perfectionist. I'll try to keep my list as short as possible.

MK:Big Thunder Mountain, trash the Country Bears, Ditch Stitch, and at the very least, repaint buzz and give us the disneyland guns, but most importantly... WE NEED A NEW SPACE MOUNTAIN!

Epcot: Honestly, I know most people disagree, but I think Test Track needs a MAJOR refurb, it's got to be the most overrated attraction in Disney history. Universe of energy is starting to show it's age as well. However, the #1 immediate focus: Imagination needs COMPLETELY REDONE.

DHS: Something has to happen with Star Tours, it's too popular of a brand for Disney to waste. I think some malls have better simulator attractions than this. A little less important, Indy and TGMR.

AK: It's still fairly young for refurbs, but if I had my way I would demolish Dinorama and refurb Dinosaur back to it's original glory.

So I know this has turned into a rant; it's true, Disney can't keep everything perfect. So, if I had to settle for one refurbishment I would choose...Space Mountain.

wdwmomof3

I have to say Malestrom. When they do it, I wish that they could redo the exit so that you could get out without waiting on the film to end. I hate that part. It's like they are holding us hostage. :lookarounquote]

I haven't stayed for that movie since 1997. When the doors open, just walk all the way through and out the other set of doors. You don't have to stay for the movie. :wave:

We don't stay for the movie, but I hate to stand there after getting off of the boat, to just wait for the doors to open up to the theater to be able to walk through to get out of there. They need another way to exit. One for those of us who want to skip the film and one for the ones who would like to stay and view it. I know that it is not a long film but it does last several minutes, which is enough time for me to be on my way to something else. This really is my only complaint, of all of the attractions there. :)

KaliSplash

I'll go with the one per park, as well

MK: I was about to say Stitch, but it doesn't need a refurb, it needs a redo. So I'll go with COP.
Epcot: I'd definitely go with Imagination.
DHS: Sounds Dangerous
AK: Would most like to see them lengthen Kali, but realistically, I'd say Dinosaur.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom