What ride do you think needs a refurb?

danpam1024

I think some things are best kept unchanged, so our kids can see them how they were (Jungle cruise, Small World). It makes them charming and gives you that sweet nostalgic feeling that we all love (if you want to admit it or not). Now Stitch's Great Escape..well it can go away FOREVER!!!! I liked it better when it was scary:fork:.

allstar01

Refurb

Don't get me wrong I like Star Tours, but even I am ready for a new movie.I never liked Stiches Great Escape,Space Mountain is ready for an update.

momsls

I would like to see Star Tours updated....they made three new movies and still haven't updated the ride to incorporate any of the new characters.

elizs77

Only one in desperate need....STAR TOURS. That ride is a joke at this point. Kinda reminds me of a Commodore 64. Pretty archaic!

I was so disappointed when I rode this in '06. They really need to update the movie, but I agree with a PP, please no prequel updates!! I can't stand the mess that is Jar Jar. How about some Harrison Ford circa 1985 footage added to the movie? :eek:

Stitch's Great Mistake.

Was this Freudian? I agree, it was such a Great Mistake. I have never met an adult who actually liked it. Of course, my at the time three year old thought it was great, but it is such a bunch of nothing. I thought with the harnesses the way they are it would be more of something.

I think Space and Star Tours have had there run. Norway could use an updated movie. More trees from Fantasyland I swear I'v seen pics that had many more trees than whats there now.

My understanding is that Norway wants a new movie but can't get the backers.

Peter Pan - get the foil out of the volcano

But the foil makes me laugh! Yes, I think it could stand a bit of modernization, but it is such a classic, I wouldn't want to do too much.

Universe of Energy deals with such a dynamic topic that they should change the movie more often than they do to stay on top of energy trends/information/science.

The Backlot Tour needs some updating, and it should include movies that we actually care about. Who needs Pearl Harbor (not the event, the movie :lol:)?

Red devil

I would have to say Star Tours is number one but stick to the original trilogy of movies for the remake.
Space Mountain could also use a refurb.
Swiss family treehouse should be bulldozed and replaced with something even moderately entertaining.
Universe of energy badly needs a refurb but keep Ellen involved just make a new movie with her.
Sounds Dangerous, just light a match and walk away.
Finally Jungle Cruise could use an extensive refurb, all the AA's should be replaced and there should be a few thrills and suprises, things jumping out from around corners, things charging the boat and getting rocked around a bit. Although they probably won't change it much because it is a classic and one of Walt's favorites.

Captain Hank

Was this Freudian? I agree, it was such a Great Mistake. I have never met an adult who actually liked it. Of course, my at the time three year old thought it was great, but it is such a bunch of nothing. I thought with the harnesses the way they are it would be more of something.
No, it was quite intentional. I'm not a fan (though I really didn't like AE that much, either).

ctxak98

Original Poster
Wow all these ideas for refurbs sound great and I think Star Tours needs a refurb really badly and so does space mountain. I kinda like the great movie ride the way it is because it's such a classic to the studios and if they change it kids of the future won't even know or care about those movies from the past:(. but anyways I think that dinoland USA is in need of tlc . dino-rama needs to go and DINOSAUR needs to get changed up and become a really thrilling attraction again:sohappy:. And this may not be a refurb But i'm keeping my fingers crossed for Beastly Kingdom:sohappy:​

Mimi

Star Tours. I'm a big Star Wars fan and for me the ride is an embarrassment. It was great in it's day but it really needs to be updated or removed in order to save face.

As for Space Mountain... I'm torn here. I love the way it is but I can understand how some feel it needs an update - I'm just afraid we'll lose the original feel of the ride.

I've seen a few posts that included Big Thunder Mountain. I don't get it. I love BTM exactly the way it is! Basic maintenance is all I think it needs.

Figment25

My vote would have to be for COP. I think this ride is a classic WDW ride and it saddens me when I see ripped seats in the rotating theater, the torn transparent screens covered up by rover's dish and I swear in the scene where the boy is dressed for July 4th, his one eye does not blink for the past 2 years. I wish they would give it the TLC it needs and deserves cause my family and I love this ride.:cry:

kshark

I'm gonna have to go with Star Tours and Space Mountain as well.
Although some rides may seem cheesy to some or need an upgrade or two, I feel like it was just ruin the classicness of them!!!

fmingo36

My first memory of Disneyworld is when I was three years old and seeing the Country Bears Jamboree (back in 1973). As nostolgic as it makes me feel, they need to either do some serious updating or get rid of it all together.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom