What ride/attraction would go altogether and you wouldn't miss it

Kirk88

Tomorrowland Speedway, that's a headache and upset stomach I could have done without. The fumes killed me. Luckily, I aired out on Space Mountain shortly after! LOL

Fletch

American Idol in a landslide. There has never been the slightest thought of walking in there.

Honorable mentions to: Backlot Tour, Stunt Spectactular, Stitch and that Flying Carpet thingy.

copcarguyp71

Original Poster
American Idol in a landslide. There has never been the slightest thought of walking in there.

Honorable mentions to: Backlot Tour, Stunt Spectactular, Stitch and that Flying Carpet thingy.

Just for argument sake give AIE a once over. I did it once and only once as DW and DD really wanted to se what it was about for the experience. It was actually very well done and production values seemed high. I have never even watched American Idol on TV but the show was worth doing once...JUST ONCE though. If nothing else you get to duck into A/C for a little while and get off your feet.

Vader2112

MK - Aladdin SGE and Tomorrowland Speedway update Philharmagic.
AK - Just add Beastly Kingdom and fix the Yeti !
DHS - Back lot Tour and American Idol.
EPCOT - Captain EO and then update several others i.e., WOL and Ellen's Energy Adventure.

rob0519

Been kinda quiet here lately so let me stir the pot a bit...

What ride or attraction would you do away with AND NOT REPLACE? This means something you feel is such a waste of space that you would rather see an empty space or benches (no bathrooms) in lieu of what is there currently...no new thingy there in it's place but just not the thing that you feel is a big nothing! YOU CANNOT REVAMP, REUSE, OR REPURPOSE the area in question...it would be left totally unused save for say benches or a tree

Mine would be Aladdin's Magic Carpets and the theming that goes with it.

Lights, Motors, Action
Captain EO
The Great Movie Ride
American Idol

You could plant a whole forest of trees in space created by getting rid of these.

cynic710

lights, motor, action for me...after seeing it once i was meh'd and dont bother anymore. plus, i feel that large area could be so better utilized to build-up pixar place.

Sweet Melissa

Tomorrowland Speedway, that's a headache and upset stomach I could have done without. The fumes killed me. Luckily, I aired out on Space Mountain shortly after! LOL
I have to disagree with that one. I'd love to see it go, but only if the space was utilized for new attractions. They could fit three new Fantasyland/Tomorrowland rides in that footprint.

Figments Friend

Did not think of this one. No offense to the people with names on it but man....
Yep. Big eyesore...and a tragic change from what was there previously ( beautiful landscaped entrance ).

They do not need to be destroyed or disposed of, as they do hold some personal meaning to some people.
They just need to be MOVED...somewhere else...someplace not so visually intrusive.

Fletch

Yep. Big eyesore...and a tragic change from what was there previously ( beautiful landscaped entrance ).

They do not need to be destroyed or disposed of, as they do hold some personal meaning to some people.
They just need to be MOVED...somewhere else...someplace not so visually intrusive.

Agree whole heartily.

I do find it neat that people can leave a part of them, so to speak, or a memory in a place they love. I remember when they started the "walk around the world" bricks around 7 seas lagoon.

rob45

Stitch (lame, take it out or bring back the alien)
Astro Orbiter (take it out, or make it bigger with more seating and easier to get to)
Ellen's Energy Adventure (please take it out)
Alladin (take it away or move it, it creates such a bottleneck for traffic)

Kirk88

I have to disagree with that one. I'd love to see it go, but only if the space was utilized for new attractions. They could fit three new Fantasyland/Tomorrowland rides in that footprint.
Totally agree! I had mentioned on another thread that this space could be used for more "Tomorrowland"-ish attractions (ie. TRON, John Carter, anything future or space themed).

WDWVolFan

AK.... Primeval Whirl. Along with Triceratop Spin. Plant a tree, install a bench... Scrap the crappy area that's not up to what should be Disney quality.
Primeval Whirl is a fun ride!
The best memories I have from AK are of my son's laughter on that ride and it's fun for adults too.

SMPTE MOUSE

Lilo and Stitch is an awful attraction. I'll try anything twice and that experience was bad both times. Kids are afraid of it and adults don't get it. I'd say that one could go without a fuss from most people.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom