What restaurant can compete with Ohana?

ssidiouss@mac.c

I'm about to book my next trip (for Early March) and my plans are almost complete...

But.. I'm missing 1 dinner.

Anyone have any suggestions? My favorite place to eat ever is Ohana.. and I was going to book it twice but then I thought it may be good to try someplace new instead of doing the same place twice.

So, anyone have any thoughts on what can compete with Ohana? I love Ohana's ambiance.. the lighting.. the tables.. the food.. everything. I've seen a few other restuarants in WDW that sound good but then I look in and it looks too plain. I'm looking for someplace that looks as good as it tastes.

Other places we are eating on our trip are..

Liberty Tree (love the way it looks inside and enjoy the food)
La Celliar (love the way it looks inside and love the food)
Biergarten (love the way it looks inside and enjoy the food)
Fultons Crabhouse (love the way it loooks inside and love the food)
HoopDeeDoo (love the way it looks inside and enjoy the food)

:slurp:

kasey1988

Try boma or california grill i havnt personally eatin there but have heard great things about both! Ive eaten at the garden grill in epcot and my family and i really enjoyed it (this was in 2001) its a family style buffet with characters the resturant rotates. Im not sure if it had changed since then but we found all food that was brought to our table awsome! there was beef, cat fish, glazed carrots and green beans. I cant remeber what else but im sure someone will be able to post a menu for you.

Upvote 0

ErickainPA

Restaurant Marrakesh in Morocco is great. The setting is dimly lit, there is the belly dancer and great food. You can get the appetizer sampler and share it if you are going with another peron. Even the dessert there is a sampler. We love the kabobs (chicken or beef)

We ate at California Grill and were not impressed with the food at all and it was actually quite noisy there. I know some people love it but we didn't at all.

Upvote 0

HoW

If I had to give you one option, I would say Boma. The food there is a little left of what you would normally get anywhere else, but I love the fact that it is unique, not to mention absolutely delicious! While the ambiance is slightly lacking (it is a wide open area with many tables), if you get a table by the windows you haev the grasslands and woodworking outside to look at. We make sure that no matter where we end up eating the rest of the trip that we do at least one dinner at Boma (we also make sure to do a breakfast at Kona, but that's another story).

Upvote 0

Tim G

HoW said:
If I had to give you one option, I would say Boma. The food there is a little left of what you would normally get anywhere else, but I love the fact that it is unique, not to mention absolutely delicious! While the ambiance is slightly lacking (it is a wide open area with many tables), if you get a table by the windows you haev the grasslands and woodworking outside to look at. We make sure that no matter where we end up eating the rest of the trip that we do at least one dinner at Boma (we also make sure to do a breakfast at Kona, but that's another story).
You beat me to it...

Indeed BOMA...

Upvote 0

Dan4121972

Concourse Steakhouse

I have eatten at many WDW restaurants, and on my past trip, I ate at the Concourse Steakhouse. It was excellent. I might even dare to say it is the best restaurant at WDW. My Red Wine NY Strip Steak with mashed potatos was excellent, not to mention the Key Lime Pie. The Contemporary has a nice bar area, where I had a great Long Island Iced Tea. The Contemporary also has a great balcony to see Wishes at the MK.

Upvote 0

ChuckElias

I've never eaten at Boma, but I will whole-heartedly endorse Jiko (also in AKL). It's a sit-down restaurant, rather than a buffet. It's quieter than Boma, but it's also more expensive. The service in Jiko, however, is quite literally the best in WDW. Jiko is also nicely themed, without being over the top.

I've mentioned this in another thread, but the Mediterranean Fresh Market in the Dolphin is awesome. It's a buffet and has great food. The theming is not as "fun" as Ohana, but it was a really good meal.

One last suggestion I'll make is Olivia's Cafe at Old Key West. It is obviously themed on Key West. It's awesome. There's a ton to look at and the food was very good. It was probably a little more expensive than I would've expected for the menu, but it was worth it as a treat one time. This is one that I think meets your criteria of "looks as good as it tastes".

Let us know what you decide.

Upvote 0

KCBroadway

My husband and I just got back from Disney and we ate at Boma one night and it was fabulous! The hotel is also beautiful and nice to walk around after dinner (go see the animals out back). We also ate at the Teppanyaki Grill in the Japanese pavillion and that was also great - entertaining.

Upvote 0

juscet

We went to Spoodles on the Boardwalk and were pleasantly surprised. It is Mediterranean fare, but it was really good and our young children loved it. It's a little out of the way and not so well-known, but it was great!

Upvote 0

Layzbuttercup

If you are looking for another resort restaurant I would suggest the Yachtsman Steakhouse or the California Grill (if you eat dinner around the time of Wishes in MK you can watch them from the top of the Contemporary which is an awesome way to view the fireworks). Both are excellent. They both have a really nice atmosphere and the food is great. If you want a restaurant in one of the parks I would suggest Chefs de France, which is something I tried for the first time when I went two weeks ago and loved it. The Brown Derby is also very good. Enjoy wherever you end up :animwink:

Upvote 0

DisneyLindz

The last three times my family has visited Disney, we have eaten at Boma. You are missing out on some of the best food in all of WDW if you do not eat here. You are cheating yourself if you eat somewhere else! The food is fantastic, especially the dessert. You will be thrilled with the food and I promise it will become a new favorite of yours!

Upvote 0

ssidiouss@mac.c

Original Poster
DisneyLindz said:
The last three times my family has visited Disney, we have eaten at Boma. You are missing out on some of the best food in all of WDW if you do not eat here. You are cheating yourself if you eat somewhere else! The food is fantastic, especially the dessert. You will be thrilled with the food and I promise it will become a new favorite of yours!

Thanks for the great ideas :)

Love the Boma idea.. and we narrowed it down to either Boma or Cinderella's Royal Table (if we can get the reservation.)

Not exactly sure which yet.. but its gonna be either 1 or the other.

Upvote 0

ChuckElias

Ok, there's a lot of love here for Boma. So I have a question. I've never eaten at Boma, but I LOVE Jiko (the sit-down restaurant in AKL). Has anyone here tried both? Can you give a comparison? I wouldn't mind trying Boma, but it would have to be overwhelmingly good to make me miss Jiko. Any thoughts?

Upvote 0

lawyergirl77

ChuckElias said:
Ok, there's a lot of love here for Boma. So I have a question. I've never eaten at Boma, but I LOVE Jiko (the sit-down restaurant in AKL). Has anyone here tried both? Can you give a comparison? I wouldn't mind trying Boma, but it would have to be overwhelmingly good to make me miss Jiko. Any thoughts?
DH and I plan to go to both on our upcoming trip, so I'll make sure to come post my comparison. FWIW, based on what I've seen, I think that while you'll be able to sample many different things at Boma which will all be incredibly tasty (it's our only "repeat" on this trip - I refused to miss it!! :slurp: ), I think that the quality of each individual dish would be higher at Jiko. It all depends on whether you want variety vs. one awesome thing...

Edit: Topic - no contest, go to Boma over CRT!!! While (old) CRT has a special place in my heart, it cannot compete with Boma, food-wise. Plus, seeing as atmosphere seems to be a big consideration in your dining choices, I think that the overall setting of the AKL will enchant you!! :wave:

Upvote 0

ChuckElias

lawyergirl77 said:
DH and I plan to go to both on our upcoming trip, so I'll make sure to come post my comparison.
I'd actually appreciate that a lot. My dad tried Boma once but didn't like it. His taste is not particularly "adventurous", so we haven't tried to drag him back. He much prefers Jiko, so that's where we go.

(My dad's first experience at Jiko was a pretty amazing story in customer service, but it's kind of off-topic. Maybe I'll tell the story in another thread.)

no contest, go to Boma over CRT!!! While (old) CRT has a special place in my heart, it cannot compete with Boma, food-wise. Plus, seeing as atmosphere seems to be a big consideration in your dining choices, I think that the overall setting of the AKL will enchant you!! :wave: [/I]
As I said, I've never been to Boma, but the red highlights are absolutely positively 100% no-doubt unquestionably true. For food and atmosphere (and service, if you go to Jiko), AKL is the place to be.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom