What restaurant can compete with Ohana?

ssidiouss@mac.c

I'm about to book my next trip (for Early March) and my plans are almost complete...

But.. I'm missing 1 dinner.

Anyone have any suggestions? My favorite place to eat ever is Ohana.. and I was going to book it twice but then I thought it may be good to try someplace new instead of doing the same place twice.

So, anyone have any thoughts on what can compete with Ohana? I love Ohana's ambiance.. the lighting.. the tables.. the food.. everything. I've seen a few other restuarants in WDW that sound good but then I look in and it looks too plain. I'm looking for someplace that looks as good as it tastes.

Other places we are eating on our trip are..

Liberty Tree (love the way it looks inside and enjoy the food)
La Celliar (love the way it looks inside and love the food)
Biergarten (love the way it looks inside and enjoy the food)
Fultons Crabhouse (love the way it loooks inside and love the food)
HoopDeeDoo (love the way it looks inside and enjoy the food)

:slurp:

vilegirl

A restaurant better or equal to Ohana?:eek: It's not possible!

I like Chef Mickey's alot. Le Cellier is great. Nine Dragons is always a favorite...there are just so many!! But Ohana is the best of all!:slurp:

Upvote 0

tracyandalex

we have eaten crt for lunch, but never dinner. we really enjoyed the lunch. the food was great and of course the atmosphere is awsome. however, we have never eaten at boma. we did eat at jiko and loved the food, the server was can we say less than useful.
whatever you choose have a great time!!!!!!!!
:wave:

tracy & alex

Upvote 0

mikey

Let me give a thumbs-up to Boma, too. We've got a PS for the next trip in late August. Ditto on the Biergarten. We always land there for our first night back.

Have you tried Italy at Epcot? Fabulous-o!

Cape May at Beach Club is great, and breakfast at Whispering Canyon shouldn't be missed.

I'm one of the few, though, who isn't sold on Le Cellier. I've tried it twice, and been disappointed both times. I may give it another chance, but not on this trip.

As for the original comment, does one compete with O'hana? Probably not!

mikey

Upvote 0

poohbear6103

Definitely Jiko's! Myfavorite restaurant in WDW :) The service is amazing as previously mentioned and every one is so willing to talk to you about their country. The food is different and amazing but the beauty of the restaurant is spectacular.
They have this open kitchen area where you can see some chefs in action cooking in the huge wood burning oven. Then as the night goes on the colors of the room change to make it looks like the sun is setting. I suggest you go around 7:00 to get the full effect of the colors. Plus if you sit by the window, you get a pretty view of the scenery.
In my opinion AKL has one of the most impressive lobby's in all of WDW and you can spend quite a while looking around and even go out to see the animals. Well...if they are not asleep by then :)

Upvote 0

eastvillage

Boma!

i say Boma as well. I tried it for the first time in June...best carrot ginger soup i have ever had, great variety of interesting food, and zebra domes are heavenly.

:D

Upvote 0

ChuckElias

tracyandalex said:
we did eat at jiko and loved the food, the server was can we say less than useful.
This shocks me. I have never had less than "5-Star" service at Jiko. I would urge you to give it another chance and ask for Michelle as your server. If you get somebody else and have any problems at all, you should talk to Jeremy. He will bend over backwards to make sure everything is right. Don't give up on Jiko!!!!

Upvote 0

cdunbar

OMG we just got back from WDW a few days ago and ate at Cindy's our first night, the food was absoultely wonderful and the ambiance was really nice. Though the cindy they had that night was really ugly, and trust me when I say I am not being mean she was ugly! But we had totellini and Salmon as well as the corn and crab chowder and it was to die for. We went to Ohana the next night and we walked out saying how there was no comparsion!

Upvote 0
The Whispering Canyon Cafe at the Wilderness Lodge can compete with Ohana in my book. You can't beat great BBQ anywhere! That's why before we head onto the Disney property, we eat at Sonny's Real Pit BBQ!

"America, spread your golden wings across the sky..."

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

I would have to agree with Boma, but here are a few of our favorite options

Garden Grill (Epcot)
California Grill (Contemporary)
Narcoossee's (Grand Floridian)
Cape May Cafe (Beach Club)
Portobello Yacht Club (DTD)
Mama Melrose (MGM)
Wispering Canyon (Wilderness Lodge)

Upvote 0

fredtom

If you're looking for comparably priced and unlimited tasty food to "Ohana-- Boma is first choice; next is Whispering Canyon (if you get the "All You Can Eat Canyon Skillet").

68 days to next visit... :sohappy:

"An Adventurer's life is best!" :lol:

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

If you've already settled on the choice 'twixt Boma & Cinderella's (that's right...I said "'twixt," got a problem with that, bucko?), I'd say go for Boma. The food is excellent, and while any little ones you might have may prefer the idea of eating in the castle, eating in Boma's give them more options of food to try (including different desserts), and if you give yourself enough time, you can explore the grounds and check out the animals AKL has in its own private faux-savannah. Boma can get a little loud and a little crowded, but I've never seen it as loud/crowded there as I've seen it get in CRT, even during off-peak times. I'm not anti-CRT, I'd just say that the odds of a more pleasant meal will be found in Boma's.

Upvote 0

hiddenmickey75

I was not impressed at at with cali grill. If you like steak and don't mind spending a little money for it, Shula's at the dolphin has the best porterhouse I can remember. :sohappy: Also the prime rib at CRT was very good.

Upvote 0

PJLukasik

juscet said:
We went to Spoodles on the Boardwalk and were pleasantly surprised. It is Mediterranean fare, but it was really good and our young children loved it. It's a little out of the way and not so well-known, but it was great!

I enthusiastically second Spoodles. My family and I went there on a last minute plan and it was marvelous.

Upvote 0
I cannot believe no one has metioned Coral Reef, or has it closed to become dinner with Nemo & Crew? I have eaten at all the previously mentioned resturaunts time & time again, but I always hit Coral Reef two times each visit.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom