What rehab would "ruin your trip"

brightlillstar

Original Poster
There's a lot of talk on other threads about TT going down, BTMRR, Splash, and even about whether it's worth it to take EE down to fix the yeti (it is -- FIX THE YETI)....

Rehabs have to happen, and I know from a lot of the CM produced videos on youtube that people claim it ruins their trip if rides are down, or people might feel it would ruin someone's trip to take one or more attractions offline.

What attractions being down would ruin your trip, or would cause you to reschedule? Would it be one attraction in particular, or just the fact of 3 or 4 things down at once?

My answer: We used to go in January so at that time a lot of stuff was seasonal. It took me a few trips just to get to see CoP and The Timekeeper. We were also there during a big Small World rehab once.

I think the one ride that would really disappoint me if it were down, that I probably would try to reshcedule my trip for would be Haunted Mansion. It's my favorite attraction. I'm pretty obsessed with it and I look forward to seeing it.

I think second to that would be Soarin'.

Other rides, I could feel like "well, I'll see it next time", but without Haunted Mansion, I think I'd really be extremely disappointed.

CaptainShortty

I go so often that I would never reschedule or let it ruin my trip if a ride was down but I'd be super bummed if TSM or Soarin' were down. They're my two favorites.

NewfieFan

I think you mean refurb!?! :animwink: (Unless the attractions have addiction problems... :lookaroun)

I don't think there's one attraction that would ruin my trip. There's been a few that I've been disappointed about but not enough to ruin a trip or cause me to reschedule. But I'm also lucky enough to be able to go to WDW once or twice a year... so if it's closed on one trip chances are it will be open on the next!

Believe it or not, I was upset when Small World was closed on one of our trips. It's a ride that screams "I'm at Disney World" to me and not being able to ride it kind of felt weird (plus my kids really like the ride and we'll ride it at least a couple of times during a trip).

I'm going to miss Big Thunder on my next trip (if we go in April) but it's not the end of the world for me!

cynic710

i dont think a single ride would cause me to reschedule, but it would put a damper on my day at the park.

MK-pirates
HM
SM

EPCOT-Soarin
MS

AK-EE

HS-Indiana Jones
ST
Aeromsith
ToT

pretty standard stuff i suppose

NYwdwfan

As long as it were just one of my favorites I wouldn't reschedule. We were bummed last trip that Star Tours was down, but it makes it super exciting to see the new version this upcoming trip! I think if POTC were down at the same times as HM or BTMRR I would be pretty tempted to reschedule - but I guess that's why they try to stagger these things.

A friend just booked her kids first trip this February when Dumbo is going to be down - twin 5 year old girls - I think that would be a bit stinky for a first trip. (Although there are spinners-a-plenty to be found for the general "ride" experience).

Goofy316

Tower of Terror, if I cant ride that my trip is incomplete.
Also, on my last trip I missed Fantasmic and the whole trip just didn't seem right.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I've been when almost every ride has been shut down at one point or another. Never had a trip ruined by the experience. :shrug:

disneygirl1024

I have been several times over the years with at least one ride down every time we went. It doesnt ruin my trip though. Im in Disneyworld :)

sweetpee_1993

I've been to WDW when major attractions were being refurbed and it didn't even dent the overall experience. We're talking TT, SM, Splash lots of times, Pooh, IaSW, HM, JC, Peoplemover, Star Tours, GMR, Backlot Tour more than once, etc. It's hard to even recall. We've been before E:E and TSM were built. Every one of those trips were just as magical as any other. Whenever I'm there and something that we usually really love to do is down for refurb when we walk past the construction walls one of us will say, "It's okay. When we get back it'll be better than ever." I guess the best way to put it is that the mentality is basically a take on the idea that if you love something you should love it enough to want what's best for it even if that means letting it go. Love, to us, is not selfish. So if I don't get to ride my favorite ride because it's being refurbed I'm perfectly happy knowing it's getting some TLC.

I will say, tho, that I do get extremely irked at the use of the crane during the middle of the day to install/uninstall the castle lights every year. I think this is as poor a show as any could be. There is absolutely NO reason this work can't be done during the night under work lights. Disney knows that the castle is one of the most photographed icons in th entire world and they're willing to depict it as a construction site for weeks out of every year. Poor show! When the crane is up it affects the views from all over the park, not just the walk down Main Street. Don't even think about being in the area behind the castle because the revving diesel engines and exhaust make it a miserable place to pass. I know people think it's trivial at best and everyone is entitled to their opinions. I wonder, tho, would these people be satisfied if they spent hundreds or thousands to go to a Broadway show only to see the star of the show hobbling about on crutches? Heck no. They'd be wondering what the heck the director & producers were thinking allowing a substandard performance to go on. This is exactly what I wonder. Who the heck thinks that's acceptable???? I have not yet moved a trip because of the crane but I detest it enough that I could see myself choosing a different vacation destination such as a cruise or a trip to avoid it. :cool:

ddbowdoin

this may sound sad... but the people mover! My fiance and I go on several times, an excuse to cuddle up and maybe a few smooches in the dark spots haha

Grumps

My daughter loves Splash. It would ruin a trip if it were down. I wouldn't like it if HM were down.

How far in advance do they know when attractions are going to be down? We are shooting for a trip in May.

WVParkfan

If the Kilaminjaro Safari was closed for "rehab," then that would completely ruin a visit for me. The AK is our favorite park, and the first one we visit. Without the safari, it would be extremely disappointing.

Mickey_777

I don't think any ONE attraction being down would ruin a trip. Maybe if my top 5 favorites were down then...actually that still wouldn't ruin the trip :D

Figment73

It wouldn't really bother me to much if a ride was shut down for refurbishment while I was on vacation, but for my Daughter..... oh my... Her trip is not complete without riding Big Thunder a dozen or so times.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom