What rehab would "ruin your trip"

Silver Figment

There isn't any single ride that would "ruin" my trip. There are a lot of rides i would be dissappointed to see closed on my trip. Something that would ruin my trip is if a bunch of attractions were closed at the same time on my trip.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
When they have a planter under rehab! I don't get it. How can they put a box in the middle of the walkway and expect it to be fine. It is unacceptable at The World!

CaptainShortty

My daughter loves Splash. It would ruin a trip if it were down. I wouldn't like it if HM were down.

How far in advance do they know when attractions are going to be down? We are shooting for a trip in May.

It depends. Some (like Big Thunder Mountain) have already been announced that they will be in refurb. in May. Some may be announced later. Pretty much I would say that if they haven't been announced a month or so before your trip, you should be in the clear. Hope that helps!

Polydweller

I can honestly say none. Over the years every major ride has been in refurb at least once and every trip has some attraction in refurb. Our trip has never come close to being ruined or caused us to think to reschedule. What ever is down will be there next time and is something to look forward to. We just enjoy what's there.

brightlillstar

Original Poster
I think you mean refurb!?! :animwink: (Unless the attractions have addiction problems... :lookaroun)

I've seen it both ways, or that rehab is a short routine closure for maintenance and a refurb is a longer closing when they re-do ride elements, so

Splash mountain in january - Rehab
Installation of new queue and elements in HM earlier this year - refurb.

I use both words interchangeably, though I can see why rehab is funny.

I think Splash needs rehab, it looks like some of of chickens have taken a little too much zip a dee do dah and passed out.

DisneySaint

When SSE was down a couple of years ago, I cannot tell you how many people told me "we came all the way from ___ to ride Spaceship Earth" or "my trip is ruined because Spaceship Earth is down." Strangely, no one seems to check the refurb schedule for their "must do" attraction.

One time someone claiming to be an IT professional told me it was entirely "too hard" to navigate the Disney website to find the refurb schedule. One click and monitor turn later, he didn't have much more to say. ;)

cslafferty

My DH and I went in Feb of 04 (that's when we got engaged!):sohappy: After that, TSM was built. I couldn't wait to go and ride it! But, tough economic times happened instead, so we didn't get back to WDW until Aug. 2010. FINALLY I'd get to ride TSM! After we scheduled out trip, I found out TSM was closing for refurb on our arrival day!:brick: Tried very hard to move our trip up one day, but couldn't make it happen. I will FINALLY get to ride it when we get there on Dec. 2!!

I would definately miss Pirates if it was closed.

If for some reason there was a giant wall around Cinderella Castle, I think I would die!! I would definately plan a vacation around the installation and removal of the lights to avoid the giant crane!

melmood2000

I have to agree with sweetpee_1993 about the crane, I was disappointed that it was there during my trip in september. I don't think I would reschedule a trip because of referb but I have the luxury of being able to visit at least every other year, If I didn't visit as often it would be a different story.

lbrad

Def ... It's A Small World !!!
Just not the same without a ride through Small World ...tis the tradition:lol:

THEMEPARKPIONEER

The absence of Spectromagic gave my trip an empty spot but I still cant pick between that and Illuminations. Both attractions are as important to me.

NewfieFan

I've seen it both ways, or that rehab is a short routine closure for maintenance and a refurb is a longer closing when they re-do ride elements, so

Splash mountain in january - Rehab
Installation of new queue and elements in HM earlier this year - refurb.

I use both words interchangeably, though I can see why rehab is funny.

I think Splash needs rehab, it looks like some of of chickens have taken a little too much zip a dee do dah and passed out.

Wow, I've never heard the term rehab for an attraction! Although you're right about Splash... that one most certainly needs a rehab!!!

I should also mention that when the Fountain of Nations in Epcot was being refurbed it really bummed me out (moreso than most attractions would), seriously! Am I the only weird one in the bunch!?! :lookaroun

sweetpee_1993

Wow, I've never heard the term rehab for an attraction! Although you're right about Splash... that one most certainly needs a rehab!!!

I should also mention that when the Fountain of Nations in Epcot was being refurbed it really bummed me out (moreso than most attractions would), seriously! Am I the only weird one in the bunch!?! :lookaroun

I don't think so. I'm 90% sure we visited when the FoN's was either in refurb or just not on. The sound of the water isn't an in-your-face element but it creates part of white sound that you are accustomed to hearing in that area. The absence of the sound is a noticable disconnect from that usual comfort sound. Does that make sense? Maybe we're just both equally weird... :hammer::lol:

Fable McCloud

Haunted Mansion, hands down.

I basically plan our vacations when I go through too much withdrawal and the cd with the ride-through no longer sustains me.

I would probably cancel a trip if it went down before we left.

pumpkin7

our last trip, i was bummed when i found out it's a small world was shut. i love that ride, but alas, WDWMagic was not in my life before that trip so i didn't know.
also, Toy Story Mania was closed to, later i found out, install new 'doors'. ergh. never been on it though so i'm not sure what we're missing, but my friend raved about it.
i'd be annoyed if PotC was closed, and probably if HM was closed. or splash or big thunder mountain lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom