What pets outside of dogs should WDW allow in Hotel rooms?

What pets outside of dogs should WDW allow in Hotel rooms?

• Fish

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • cats

Votes: 42 22.7%
  • Hamsters

• Birds

• Snakes

Votes: 12 6.5%
  • rabbits

Votes: 13 7.0%
  • iguana

Votes: 10 5.4%
  • crabs

Votes: 17 9.2%
  • other - Means outside of dogs and outside of the potential pets already mentioned

Votes: 12 6.5%
  • None

Votes: 122 65.9%

• Total voters

J_Carioca

I honestly don’t know who is buying the points at the crazy direct prices today, but they seem to keep selling well. The Riviera will probably sell well too being on a direct gondola route to Star Wars Land.

Thanks BigRigRoss and GoofGoof for the comments about DVC. I was just curious because we were recently at Bonnet Creek and ended up chatting about timeshares and we were saying just that - I honestly don't know who buys them at the prices they charge. So I was curious about comments about Saratoga DVC. Thanks.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Thanks BigRigRoss and GoofGoof for the comments about DVC. I was just curious because we were recently at Bonnet Creek and ended up chatting about timeshares and we were saying just that - I honestly don't know who buys them at the prices they charge. So I was curious about comments about Saratoga DVC. Thanks.
Saratoga is a huge resort and is also not super popular because it’s not connected to another deluxe resort and doesn’t have alternate transport other than buses to the parks. Disney has points to sell there because there are always foreclosures and points that they acquire through the right of first refusal process (essentially if an owner wants to sell their points resale to a 3rd party and Disney chooses to they can step in and buy those points back at the contracted price).

DisneyGigi

I don't think people should be able to bring any pet and I am an animal lover that has a dog, cat, and two rabbits, that live indoors, not in a cage. I miss my fur babies like crazy when I am gone and as tempting as it might be to bring them, how is Disney going to know that each animal has been treated for mites, fleas, had proper vaccinations, when due? Also, I don't mind cat or rabbit fur all over my clothes, but I don't necessarily want someone else's pet fur all over me while on vacation. And Allergies? Are they using a certain block of rooms for dogs? Disney rooms are typically really clean but a person with allergies should not have to be put in a room that has had pets. No difference in that and smoking in room, if that was the case.
I just don't think it is a good idea, for Disney, the other guests, or the pets.
Find a good baby sitter, to watch and send you pictures/videos in your own home. Heck we have pet cams, we can see at any time.

bigrigross

I bought 70 points at Old Key West direct from disney for $137 a point. Higher than resale, but I get some of the perks. Another reason I got got direct was because I needed the extra time to pay it off. So instead of going into savings for the money in one fail swoop, I got the loan from Disney and then paid it off in 6 months so I didn't pay too much extra in interest. Going forward, i will be buying resale as I already have the benefits.

NelleBelle

I bought 70 points at Old Key West direct from disney for $137 a point. Higher than resale, but I get some of the perks. Another reason I got got direct was because I needed the extra time to pay it off. So instead of going into savings for the money in one fail swoop, I got the loan from Disney and then paid it off in 6 months so I didn't pay too much extra in interest. Going forward, i will be buying resale as I already have the benefits.
Out of curiosity, is there a chart or something that lists what it costs per point to buy from disney for each property?

graphite1326

My point was that you see no issues at WDW with any of those problems. You dont hear about mass bug bed problems or lice infections due to unclean rooms. Disney does a great job with cleaning of their rooms as do most hotel chains in the country. And not sure what PP means but when someone post that all dogs have parasites (fleas and ticks) it shows the ignorance of the person(s). And honestly annoys me off because you can clearly tell people hate dogs on this forum and think that they are dirty and gross. Yet not even look at how gross humans can be and how hard they are on hotel rooms.

Do you really think that any bed you have slept in at Disney doesn't have some form of human fluid that was spilled on it? Ill say again. WDW does a GREAT job in cleaning their rooms. I guarantee every nay sayer on this forum, you wont even notice that disney accepted dogs. My only wish from this was that they could have done it better. Maybe offered on top the room charge, to get a discount for pet daycare.

But none the less, if this ever reaches DVC, I will be bringing the two dogs that like to travel with me. When we go to the parks, we will have them in the room at night and then take them to Best Friends for daycare. When we stay at DVC and dont go to the parks and instead wander out into the other great things Florida has to offer, we will take them along.
It's "nonetheless" one word like "nevertheless"

Still not going to one of these. You may be a responsible person with your pets but not everyone is. Just like not all employees are responsible people including the people who clean your room. That's why when I check out I leave a note under the sheet that says: if you are reading this your sheets have not been changed.

Minnesota disney fan

This will never hit DVC...ever. They aren’t going to increase maintenance fees for all guests to accommodate a very small minority of owners. They have a hard enough time getting the villas cleaned and ready by 4pm without having to shampoo carpets or do other deep cleaning and the DVC resorts run at or near 100% capacity year round. There’s also no money to be made by Disney allowing dogs at DVC resorts.

Never say "Never", goofgoof:)
knock on wood when you say that.
Nothing wdw does surprises me anymore. I didn't think they would risk ruining other guests visits by having dog friendly rooms in AOA, POR,YC. But, they did!

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Never say "Never", goofgoof:)
knock on wood when you say that.
Nothing wdw does surprises me anymore. I didn't think they would risk ruining other guests visits by having dog friendly rooms in AOA, POR,YC. But, they did!
It’s all about money for Disney:greedy::greedy::greedy::greedy::greedy: If they charged DVC owners an additional fee for allowing dogs it wouldn’t go into Disney’s pockets, it would go back into the DVC property’s budget to offset costs. Since there’s no profit for Disney there’s zero incentive to do it.

Pixieish

It’s all about money for Disney:greedy::greedy::greedy::greedy::greedy: If they charged DVC owners an additional fee for allowing dogs it wouldn’t go into Disney’s pockets, it would go back into the DVC property’s budget to offset costs. Since there’s no profit for Disney there’s zero incentive to do it.
But keep in mind, those who own DVC have a contract with Disney. Disney can't just arbitrarily decide to change that contract out of the blue.

Squigglove

I don't think people should be able to bring any pet and I am an animal lover that has a dog, cat, and two rabbits, that live indoors, not in a cage. I miss my fur babies like crazy when I am gone and as tempting as it might be to bring them, how is Disney going to know that each animal has been treated for mites, fleas, had proper vaccinations, when due? Also, I don't mind cat or rabbit fur all over my clothes, but I don't necessarily want someone else's pet fur all over me while on vacation. And Allergies? Are they using a certain block of rooms for dogs? Disney rooms are typically really clean but a person with allergies should not have to be put in a room that has had pets. No difference in that and smoking in room, if that was the case.
I just don't think it is a good idea, for Disney, the other guests, or the pets.
Find a good baby sitter, to watch and send you pictures/videos in your own home. Heck we have pet cams, we can see at any time.

I completely agree. There is too much to be considered. However, I spoke with Disney directly about this because POR is my favorite resort. They told me that the "pet friendly" areas are designated, therefore it does not really affect the rest of the resort. They aren't just going to be randomly roomed like most people. Nor will there be a potential for dog feces all over the grounds. I just hope they're able to keep it controlled - because as mentioned by previous posters, dogs of varying obedience levels will be the main issue ...and in my opinion dog owners make excuses for their dog's actions and behavior. A former friend rescued a dog that was abused. It attacked my one-year-old child because the baby got close to it. She made excuses that the dog must have "had a flashback." My ONE-year-old!!!!! And I mean 13mos!! Naturally I liked to blow a gasket when I first read about Disney's "dog friendliness." I understand missing one's pets while vacationing but if it matters that much then stay home with your animals rather than impose on the vacations of others.

Minnesota disney fan

I completely agree. There is too much to be considered. However, I spoke with Disney directly about this because POR is my favorite resort. They told me that the "pet friendly" areas are designated, therefore it does not really affect the rest of the resort. They aren't just going to be randomly roomed like most people. Nor will there be a potential for dog feces all over the grounds. I just hope they're able to keep it controlled - because as mentioned by previous posters, dogs of varying obedience levels will be the main issue ...and in my opinion dog owners make excuses for their dog's actions and behavior. A former friend rescued a dog that was abused. It attacked my one-year-old child because the baby got close to it. She made excuses that the dog must have "had a flashback." My ONE-year-old!!!!! And I mean 13mos!! Naturally I liked to blow a gasket when I first read about Disney's "dog friendliness." I understand missing one's pets while vacationing but if it matters that much then stay home with your animals rather than impose on the vacations of others.

Yep, that's the story that POR is giving out. BUT, my friends stayed there last 2 weeks, POR in one of the outer buildings. They had a dog doing it's business outside their room, Not in bldg. 24!!!. Yes, it was leashed with it's owner, but very far away from the "designated" dog areas. I don't expect a dog to just "hold it" til you get to another building/area as soon as you can. Grass is grass to them for a potty break.
When my friends went to the desk and asked, they were given a statement that "they booked a room online, so...." So, they put them in a nondesignated building and Knew It. (I am pretty sure they said booked online, but could have been on the phone) but the point is that they tell you building 24 is designated and that the dog areas are close to it and they will enforce it.
What my friends got was a "so what attitude, they booked it so that's where they went" kind of answer. They did not go all the way back to their room across the resort to see if a CM actually took care of it or not. After all, it is their holiday so they went to the parks after reporting it.
So, I am not at all confident that what we are told is in actuality done! I hope that they get their act together quickly and have someone on hand to quickly take care of dog complaints. BTW, my friend is afraid of dogs due to a dog incident when she was young.
I just hope that Disney takes these matters in hand and regulates as they say they will. So far, not in this instance.

Squigglove

Yep, that's the story that POR is giving out. BUT, my friends stayed there last 2 weeks, POR in one of the outer buildings. They had a dog doing it's business outside their room, Not in bldg. 24!!!. Yes, it was leashed with it's owner, but very far away from the "designated" dog areas. I don't expect a dog to just "hold it" til you get to another building/area as soon as you can. Grass is grass to them for a potty break.
When my friends went to the desk and asked, they were given a statement that "they booked a room online, so...." So, they put them in a nondesignated building and Knew It. (I am pretty sure they said booked online, but could have been on the phone) but the point is that they tell you building 24 is designated and that the dog areas are close to it and they will enforce it.
What my friends got was a "so what attitude, they booked it so that's where they went" kind of answer. They did not go all the way back to their room across the resort to see if a CM actually took care of it or not. After all, it is their holiday so they went to the parks after reporting it.
So, I am not at all confident that what we are told is in actuality done! I hope that they get their act together quickly and have someone on hand to quickly take care of dog complaints. BTW, my friend is afraid of dogs due to a dog incident when she was young.
I just hope that Disney takes these matters in hand and regulates as they say they will. So far, not in this instance.

So then it is already out of control. I'm very sorry to hear it indeed. This is exactly why everyone is upset. It's not the animals. It's the people the animals belong to. Too many are completely inconsiderate. And that's where the problems come in. This IS going to be a problem. And then your dog friendly cast members are going to exhibit apathy toward anyone who complains. It's a disaster.

drizgirl

So then it is already out of control. I'm very sorry to hear it indeed. This is exactly why everyone is upset. It's not the animals. It's the people the animals belong to. Too many are completely inconsiderate. And that's where the problems come in. This IS going to be a problem. And then your dog friendly cast members are going to exhibit apathy toward anyone who complains. It's a disaster.
And it's Disney never really doing what they say they are going to do. I never believed they would be consistent with where they put them. And I don't believe they are going to be consistent with the deep cleaning they promise when the dogs check out.

Squigglove

And it's Disney never really doing what they say they are going to do. I never believed they would be consistent with where they put them. And I don't believe they are going to be consistent with the deep cleaning they promise when the dogs check out.

The fall of an empire, huh? They are so colossal now that they don't have to cater to their guests anymore. We're a dime a dozen and so are our complaints. They lose nothing. Prices up, quality down.

J_Carioca

So what? Presumably the owners had a bag and picked up after the dog. So what if a dog went to the bathroom in the area outside your friend's room? As long as the owners pick up after it, what difference does it make? You could pay thousands of dollars a night for a room at the Waldorf Astoria and guess what? A dog might go to the bathroom outside. It's only a problem if it's not picked up.

J_Carioca

I like how one dog going to the bathroom outside of the designated area is "a situation that's out of control".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom