What pets outside of dogs should WDW allow in Hotel rooms?

What pets outside of dogs should WDW allow in Hotel rooms?

• Fish

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • cats

Votes: 42 22.7%
  • Hamsters

• Birds

• Snakes

Votes: 12 6.5%
  • rabbits

Votes: 13 7.0%
  • iguana

Votes: 10 5.4%
  • crabs

Votes: 17 9.2%
  • other - Means outside of dogs and outside of the potential pets already mentioned

Votes: 12 6.5%
  • None

Votes: 122 65.9%

• Total voters

drizgirl

And human children can have lice, ticks, pinworms, and bedbugs. Difference between humans and dogs is that most normal people pay for prevention for fleas and ticks. You cant prevent lice, ticks, pinworms, or bedbugs on humans. It is only treatable after the fact. And I am 100% sure that their are more people who stay at disney or other hotels that accept dogs that have had one of those ailments than the amount of untreated dogs at a hotel. As said before in this forum, most people who travel with their pets, take care of their pets.

Pet hair, well nothing I can say about that one. Brushing helps but if you have dogs, pet hair comes with the territory. And lets not even start talking about how a house with children doesnt smell. Both houses with dogs or with kids smell. Houses that have both have both smells. If you clean your house like a normal person, then the smell should be minimal on both sides. So please dont start with the children do not stink up a house. People without kids can smell it.
So kids get parasites, so let's invite dogs with parasites too? The more the merrier? What are you going to do, ban kids from hotels at Disney? It doesn't have to be "all parasite ridden species or none".

21stamps

So kids get parasites, so let's invite dogs with parasites too? The more the merrier? What are you going to do, ban kids from hotels at Disney? It doesn't have to be "all parasite ridden species or none".

If someone does not pay for or care enough to give their dog flea and tic and heartworm medication, do you really think that that is the same profile of a person who is going to bring a dog on vacation?

drizgirl

If someone does not pay for or care enough to give their dog flea and tic and heartworm medication, do you really think that that is going to be the same profile of a person who is going to bring a dog on vacation?
The PP is the one who brought up the parasites. I'm more concerned about barking and protein spills in the rooms.

drizgirl

While I agree that it's kinda silly to bring a pet along on a Disney World vacation, we used to take our dogs along on vacation all the time. They were a part of the family, traveled well, and it was really good to have them along.
I can totally see that. Just not on a trip to Disney where I would expect to be out of the room for such long periods of time in places my dog can't come or wouldn't enjoy even if he could.

bigrigross

My point was that you see no issues at WDW with any of those problems. You dont hear about mass bug bed problems or lice infections due to unclean rooms. Disney does a great job with cleaning of their rooms as do most hotel chains in the country. And not sure what PP means but when someone post that all dogs have parasites (fleas and ticks) it shows the ignorance of the person(s). And honestly annoys me off because you can clearly tell people hate dogs on this forum and think that they are dirty and gross. Yet not even look at how gross humans can be and how hard they are on hotel rooms.

Do you really think that any bed you have slept in at Disney doesn't have some form of human fluid that was spilled on it? Ill say again. WDW does a GREAT job in cleaning their rooms. I guarantee every nay sayer on this forum, you wont even notice that disney accepted dogs. My only wish from this was that they could have done it better. Maybe offered on top the room charge, to get a discount for pet daycare.

But none the less, if this ever reaches DVC, I will be bringing the two dogs that like to travel with me. When we go to the parks, we will have them in the room at night and then take them to Best Friends for daycare. When we stay at DVC and dont go to the parks and instead wander out into the other great things Florida has to offer, we will take them along.

Last edited:

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
All dogs have accidents!
Well maybe they shouldn't be allowed to drive ...
driving-dogs3.jpg

J_Carioca

Clean children do not get lice or pinworm..... You know how ignorant that sounds? It doesnt matter how clean you are to get that. All it takes is for one person to get it, and bring it with them to school and bam, other people are now infected. Lice and pinworm does not care about how clean you are..... Also, their is no human medicine to prevent lice or pinworm. None. Dogs on the other hand have a monthly medication that literally prevents any infection of fleas or ticks.

Also... Humans dont leave dander or hair huh? Interesting.

Yep, very ignorant. I know children from very, very clean homes and that have gotten lice. Basically, if one kid in a class has lice, there's a good chance that all the kids are going to get it. To say that clean children do not get lice is absolutely ridiculous.

J_Carioca

There is zero reason to bring a dog on vacation, and I don't care what you say clean children do not have lice or ticks or pinworms. And yes you can prevent all of those tings on humans, and humans don't bark all not, they don't leave dander and hair, they don't bite, I just don't see how anyone can think this is a good idea. And no no one has ever walked in my house and smelled my child, nor has my child ever had lice or ticks or pinworms.

There are lots of reasons to bring a dog on vacation. Maybe the dog doesn't do well in boarding situations. Maybe there are no close friends or relatives to dogsit. Maybe the dog has medical needs that the owners would rather deal with themselves rather than leave to someone else. Maybe people care for their dogs very well and enjoy taking them on vacation so that they can do activities with them. As another poster pointed out, just because you're staying at a Disney hotel doesn't mean you're going to be in the parks 24/7.

You say "I just don't see how anyone can think this is a good idea"...it has been repeatedly pointed out that thousands (probably tens of thousands) of people travel with their dogs, staying in the hundreds of hotel chains and independent hotels that allow dogs. Apparently lots of people think it's a good idea, including the corporate command at Disney. Do you really think that Disney would make a significant decision about their resorts without calculating the risk? I doubt it very much.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
But none the less, if this ever reaches DVC, I will be bringing the two dogs that like to travel with me. When we go to the parks, we will have them in the room at night and then take them to Best Friends for daycare. When we stay at DVC and dont go to the parks and instead wander out into the other great things Florida has to offer, we will take them along.
This will never hit DVC...ever. They aren’t going to increase maintenance fees for all guests to accommodate a very small minority of owners. They have a hard enough time getting the villas cleaned and ready by 4pm without having to shampoo carpets or do other deep cleaning and the DVC resorts run at or near 100% capacity year round. There’s also no money to be made by Disney allowing dogs at DVC resorts.

bigrigross

This will never hit DVC...ever. They aren’t going to increase maintenance fees for all guests to accommodate a very small minority of owners. They have a hard enough time getting the villas cleaned and ready by 4pm without having to shampoo carpets or do other deep cleaning and the DVC resorts run at or near 100% capacity year round. There’s also no money to be made by Disney allowing dogs at DVC resorts.

Who said anything about raising maintenance fees. I would assume it would be an add on fee just like the add on fee if I ask for increased mousekeeping. Also, remember, ALL CARPET is going away. And also dont forget the tag line of "Welcome Home".
Edit: Removing incorrect information from post.

Last edited:

J_Carioca

Who said anything about raising maintenance fees. I would assume it would be an add on fee just like the add on fee if I ask for increased mousekeeping. Also, remember, ALL CARPET is going away. And also dont forget the tag line of "Welcome Home". It can be used as a selling point especially since they are already having issues unloading Saratoga springs and Poly contracts.

Not to completely hijack this thread, but can you tell us more about the "issues unloading Saratoga Springs and Poly contracts?"

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Who said anything about raising maintenance fees. I would assume it would be an add on fee just like the add on fee if I ask for increased mousekeeping. Also, remember, ALL CARPET is going away. And also dont forget the tag line of "Welcome Home". It can be used as a selling point especially since they are already having issues unloading Saratoga springs and Poly contracts.
The add on fee isn’t really how DVC works. They would still need to buy additional equipment and hire additional staff in case there are dogs coming. For the times when no dogs are there there’s no additional revenue but you can’t just tell the staff they aren’t getting paid or return the equipment. All the costs have to be offset by either revenue from the add on fees or member dues. There’s no way to guarantee revenues so it’s goin to raise fees. Maybe they are changing to no carpet eventually, but it’s not there now. I’m staring down right now at the carpet in a villa at Bay Lake Tower.

I don’t think they are really having issues selling the points either. If anything the number of people turned off by the rooms being dog friendly will far exceed the people who would buy in because of it.

bigrigross

Not to completely hijack this thread, but can you tell us more about the "issues unloading Saratoga Springs and Poly contracts?"

From what I have seen on other disney sites. Disney has teamed up with Costco to sell vacation packages for saratoga springs and poly because they cant sell them. Even when i bought mine, they offered me a heck of a deal to buy Saratoga (Disney deal wise). They dont do this for any other resort. Poly is a hard sell because they only have deluxes and hardly anyone will shell out that much to stay at the other ones. This is what I have seen on DVC forum sites. I could be wrong. But I did find those packages at costco.

bigrigross

The add on fee isn’t really how DVC works. They would still need to buy additional equipment and hire additional staff in case there are dogs coming. For the times when no dogs are there there’s no additional revenue but you can’t just tell the staff they aren’t getting paid or return the equipment. All the costs have to be offset by either revenue from the add on fees or member dues. There’s no way to guarantee revenues so it’s goin to raise fees. Maybe they are changing to no carpet eventually, but it’s not there now. I’m staring down right now at the carpet in a villa at Bay Lake Tower.

I don’t think they are really having issues selling the points either. If anything the number of people turned off by the rooms being dog friendly will far exceed the people who would buy in because of it.

That makes zero sense. I can go to guest services and request daily mousekeeping. They have to bring in extra staff for that? Adding dogs is essentially just doing that. If the dog thing does well. I very well see it being brought to DVC.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Polynesian is winding down sales now. It’s over 90% sold with about 300K points left to sell. They are now shifting the sales and marketing push to Copper Creek. As far as I know Saratoga Springs is “sold out” but that doesn’t mean they don’t have points to sell, it’s just not a lot and there is not an effort to directly sell them.

DVC sold just under 2 million points in the first 10 months of 2017 which is the best first 10 months since 2012.

bigrigross

Polynesian is winding down sales now. It’s over 90% sold with about 300K points left to sell. They are now shifting the sales and marketing push to Copper Creek. As far as I know Saratoga Springs is “sold out” but that doesn’t mean they don’t have points to sell, it’s just not a lot and there is not an effort to directly sell them.

DVC sold just under 2 million points in the first 10 months of 2017 which is the best first 10 months since 2012.
Then I got bad information and will retract my information. Believe I got that from the dis dvc section. But that was awhile ago.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
That makes zero sense. I can go to guest services and request daily mousekeeping. They have to bring in extra staff for that? Adding dogs is essentially just doing that. If the dog thing does well. I very well see it being brought to DVC.
It’s all about time spent at checkout. Extra mouse keeping just pulls in staff from the sister hotel in most cases but it doesn’t have to add extra time to checkout day. The only way to properly clean a large villa after a dog stay is to add significant time or significant bodies to the task. The villas are significantly larger than a studio room so it would take even longer to clean properly. Again, almost 100% capacity means rooms can’t be taken out of service for a day to clean. Again, this new policy is a money grab for Disney and there’s zero profit in allowing dogs in DVC rooms. It’s not going to happen.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Then I got bad information and will retract my information. Believe I got that from the dis dvc section. But that was awhile ago.
I honestly don’t know who is buying the points at the crazy direct prices today, but they seem to keep selling well. The Riviera will probably sell well too being on a direct gondola route to Star Wars Land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom