what park is best for a 2.5 yr old and a 17 month old

Minnietoo

Original Poster
I am headed to WDW in November and my cousin who is in FLis going to go to the parks with me one day. They haven't taken their kids there yet and this will be their 1st time. I am not sure which park would be best for kids so young.

My son went when he was 20 months and was into everything and every park. I realize all kids aren't the same. Since they will only be going to 1 park probably that day i wasn't sure which one.

My 1st thought was AK so that the kids could look at all the animals but still get that WDW feel. but my cousin thought MK even though she loves AK. She thought MK was geared more for little kids. I thought MK was geared for kids closer to 7.

Which one do you guys recommend?

Shere_Khan

My vote would be for MK.

There are several rides there that you can take children that age on and hold them in your lap. Also I feel MK is the most geared towards young children.

Princess Clayre

Magic Kingdom would be great as long as it's not on a busy day. If it's Thanksgiving week you might want to try a different one as standing in queues is no fun for little ones and the crowds can be a bit overwhelming.

If it is a busy time then Animal Kingdom gives you a nice balance of walk through attractions, some rides, some great and show. We've taken our son at both these ages and he really enjoy Animal Kingdom but he also loved Epcot. Especially The Seas with Nemo, The juming fountains at the imagination Pavilion, The train set in Germany. If you have the option to park hop maybe you could do Animal Kingdom first and then Epcot later in the day after a rest break of course!

Not sure if i'm helping here as i'm suggesting so many different things :shrug:

disney21

I really think you can't go wrong with the MK!!!! It is definitely geared for kids of all ages **not just 7 yr. olds.** The MK, too me, is the quintessential park for a family in your situation. =]

MouseWorshipper

MK's color, music, and wealth of foliage will definitely stimulate the baby and what 2 1/2- year-old doesn't love all the character opportunities? The 2 1/2-year-old will probably like the beautiful animals at AK too.

Of course, they'll enjoy any if you take plenty of breaks and let them guide. Have a great time!

Minnietoo

Original Poster
Thanks for all the replies!

I love all the parks so it is hard for me to judge:ROFLOL:

When my kids were that age they had no fear so nothing scared them My girlfriend who was just at the parks said her little ones freaked out at MK. Since my niece and nephew live in FL I am not sure if some of the rides will scare the at MK. Maybe we can do a bit of both!

I just can't wait for my niece and nephew to see the castle for the 1st time!!!!

lebeau

Last spring, we took our daughter who was almost 2 at the time. We vistited every park but Epcot and she had a great time at all of them.

MK - She loved Toon Town, the characters, the parade and all of the playgrounds. The only ride we tried was Pooh which she wasn't too sure about. The storm kind of scared her. But other than that, she was mesmerized. We saw Mickey's Philharmagic which she enjoyed, but she didn't wear her glasses.

HS - This is one you should definitely consider if your kids are into Playhouse Disney. We did the Playhouse Disney breakfast at Hollywood and Vine which was a big hit. Of course, we saw the Playhouse Disney Live show. The Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground was also a lot of fun.

AK - My daughter loves animals. By this point in the trip, she was running on fumes. Still, she enjoyed the safari and the playground.

In general, every park we went to, the characters and the playgrounds were her favorites. I'd say the playgrounds were more toddler friendly at MK. But, if your kids especially like either Playhouse Disney or animals, you can't go wrong with the other two options.

lisak09

AK because of the animals but theres lots at MK for little ones, Its a Small World, Cinderellas Carousel, Dumbo, Magic Carpets, Winnie the Pooh etc

Minnietoo

Original Poster
That is where I get torn! We are going to have a big age difference my niece is going to be 2.5 my nephew will be 17 months and my son will be 6 and my DD 9 at the time we go so I guess I am trying to find a park where we can all be happy ad enjoy almost everything.

I am not sure if the little ones will freak on the rides or not my kids didn't but every kids is different. I guess there are pros and cons to both. I guess their mom will just have to pick. Either way I HAVE to at least take my niece for a few minutes to see the castle!!!!!!!

lebeau

That is where I get torn! We are going to have a big age difference my niece is going to be 2.5 my nephew will be 17 months and my son will be 6 and my DD 9 at the time we go so I guess I am trying to find a park where we can all be happy ad enjoy almost everything.

I am not sure if the little ones will freak on the rides or not my kids didn't but every kids is different. I guess there are pros and cons to both. I guess their mom will just have to pick. Either way I HAVE to at least take my niece for a few minutes to see the castle!!!!!!!

With those ages, I think I would go with MK or AK.

The toddler stuff at HS will bore the older kids. There really aren't a lot of rides and things for 6-9 year olds at HS. A lot of it will be too old or too young for them.

MK probably has the best mix of attractions for this group of ages.

erstwo

My 21 month old & 4 year old LOVED the Hollywood Studios Playhouse Disney stuff, but I do agree that the Playhouse Disney Show would bore some older kids - my 8 year old niece is way more into Hannah Montana and HSM2 than My Pals Tigger & Pooh! They also had that great Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground - good for all ages. Little ones love playgrounds!

I would advise Hollywood Studios if your older kids are still "young at heart" or if they would be willing to rough it for the younger ones!

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
The obvious answer is MK, but at those ages, they will enjoy the sights and sounds and events at any park. As some others have said, with all of the animals throughout AK, that can be very entertaining. Every park has the Disney characters to visit with. Every dining location has childrens meals available.

If they were 4-10, then I would say definitely MK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom