What MOvie would you like to see made into a ride

MKCP 1985

Originally posted by brentley2
I would love to see Disney do some more of the classics...I wonder if they could a huge ( I mean huge) ride (kind of like the Great Movie Ride, without the overwhelming suck-ieness of it) in Fantasyland where you can ride through several of the Disney classics that haven't been represented in other rides...so here's a few thoughts..

. . .

Okay, I dream big...but this attraction...would bring the crowds!
And the merchandising would be amazing for Disney from this ride.

I say, tear out 20,000 Leagues and put this in!

WOW. I'm ready to grab my shovel - let's get started! Thanks for the effort - I feel like I've been on your ride already.

(I don't think GMR is overwhelmingly sucky though :( )

I would love to see Disney do some more of the classics...I wonder if they could a huge ( I mean huge) ride (kind of like the Great Movie Ride, without the overwhelming suck-ieness of it) in Fantasyland where you can ride through several of the Disney classics that haven't been represented in other rides...so here's a few thoughts..
I want a revolutionary track system that can both ride on the ground as well as transition to an overhead ski lift system like Peter Pan, and back down into a ground system.

I want revolutionary AA's with amazing immersive experiences.

We start out on the ground, travelling through Steamboat Willie...we circle the boat and see Mickey in black and white spinning the wheel...

We then go to Pinocchio, travelling into Gepetto's workshop. As we travel, we are amazed to see an AA of Jiminy Cricket running along the side of our vehicles, encouraging us to go in to the Toy Shoppe with him...then we move into another room, following Pinocchio to school, and then onto the Monstro scene, much like DL's...as we splash through a minor water effect, we break into:

Bambi's world- a clearing in the forest, still on the ground, we are witness to Bambi's presentation...and then we move around the corner to the ice skating scene, and the vehicles wildly pitch back and forth as we ice skate alongside Bambi. Bambi and Thumper are skating around us and we feel the cold...

Then we feel ourselves lift off the ground for our first arial experience moving into a scene from Cinderella, we zoom over the scene as the Fairy Godmother changes Cindy into her new dress...then we zoom over the town, toward the Castle, we circle the castle as Cindy and Prince Charming dance for the first time, then we fly overhead as Prince Charming puts the slipper on Cindy's foot

Still aloft, We then move through a thick fog, into a clearing again, and see Sleeping Beauty's Castle in the distance, we move in to see the christening and Maleficent's first appearance...this is an amazing AA...fluid. Then we transition into complete darkness and feel heat..and we know that we are moving toward Maleficent in dragon form...This is an independent AA..and can move anywhere it is programmed...It's also huge...we fly around the AA...it breathes fire and we narrowly escape it..

Still aloft, the next thing we see is the London of 101 dalmatians...we come down to the ground and see Pongo and Perdita meeting ...we get splashed with water.
Then, all of a sudden, Cruella and her car come speeding up on one side of the vehicle...she threatens us...but we are aloft again...

Flashing forward, we then go into the undersea world of Ariel...we are witness to "Under the Sea" as we frolic through the air with bubbles and water effects everywhere...and then we see Ursula sealing the deal with Ariel...(again, the Ursula AA is incredible, moving up down and capturing the spirit of the animation, she sails up to eye us in our vehicle) and then through a mist of fog, we see (a huge room) Ursula in her oversized form..she is menacing, splashing water on us...

Then we come back to earth to travel through the Beast's castle and be part of "Be our Guest" with Lumiere, who sails down on a chandelier...we then become aloft again, come down from the top of the ballroom scene, and sail around Belle and the Beast as they dance...we then turn backwards as we drift away, with the Beast's castle, aglow in the background.

In the distance, we see Agrabah...we go on Aladdin's and Jasmine's flight and hear "A Whole New World." During this time, the vehicles stop and Aladdin and Jasmine sail around us, this room uses screen technology to show us everything that they see...until the screens go black, separate and we see Jafar in his snake form...we sail around him, and through a glitter of hourglass sand as we free Jasmine,

As we are still aloft, Zazu flys next to us, and we recreate the opening sequence of the Lion King...we then land on the ground...we then withness "I Can't wait to be King", and the track bounces along much like the Winnie the Pooh's Tigger room.

From here, we are still on the ground, and glide into the final room, the largest room of all, where we find AA's from almost every major Disney movie, singing a classic Disney song...maybe the Mickey Mouse Club Theme (???) or "When you Wish upon a Star"... This room is the most amazing of all of the rooms, and constantly changes...some of the AA's are independent moving and interact differently with each of the vehicles, based on sensors in the vehicles. The AA's are also on platforms that move in and out of the scene, creating a "it's different everytime you ride it" experience.

The final aspect of the ride is a AA Tinkerbell that comes up in front of the vehicle, waves her wand over the vehicle, there is a burst of fiber optics and maybe even real fireworks, and you burst back into the load area.

Trust me I'm not trying to pick on you, but you couldn't pay me to get on this ride you speak of. It's a nice dream, but would be way too expensive and not a big enough pay off, and certainly a huge risk. I know people are saying it sounds great, but everyone also says how wonderful horizons and dreamflight were, but every time I was there there was no line, not that I didn't like them. And msot disney movies don't make for good rides anyway. You need a good mixture of characters and setting along with story, and even putting all of them together wouldn't help any. Little Mermaid and Aladin would be good, and I could be totally wrong, but I retain my right to my own opinion. On a side note, although it's not a disney movie, I always wanted to see a yellow submarine dark water ride where you ride in small yellow subs with the song playing, bubbles, animated beatles popping up into port windows while singing, that kinda thing.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Aladdin could make an amazing ride, there's so many possibilities of attractions for it. Well, other than another Dumbo ride.:lol:

But really, Aladdin is a major candidate for a new, spectacular attraction. Others, IMO,would be The Little Mermaid, Marry Poppins, The Emporer's New Groove (this would make a great flume ride), and TRON.

sniggle74

Originally posted by Sir Hiss527
Robin Hood All the Way!!

Look Mom.....we've got another one *giggle*

I've been thinking about this all day. There are many different ways any attraction could go. I will agree with what a previous poster (sorry - I can't remember who it was - please don't hate me) that the attraction need to have a strong character base with wonderful locations. Granted, Disney has done wonderfully with all of those elements in their movies....and it does need to carry through into its own attraction.

The one thing I have always loved about any Disney park is that there may be some "cloning" of rides, but each new ride does it one better. With that being said, whatever attraction is chosen needs to feature something new. The ideas that have been thrown around today have been some wonderful ideas. Advanced log flumes, more advanced AA dark rides, more stimulation simulations. Heck, I'm sure there are things imagineers have under their belt that we haven't even thought of.

Whatever is chosen, you have to remember, it will more than likely be something that has high audience appeal. SO, unfortunately, I doubt we would ever see a "Rescuers Down Under" or "Oliver and Company" attraction. (Just a side note, I would love to see something devoted to some of the classics - that could possibly encompass the characters that most people forget about).

Let's just hope that when we do get a chance to see something new in Fantasyland or the Studios, the imagineers do not forget those characters that may not get the spotlight like Robin or Merlin. (Ponders the thought of a Sword and the Stone attraction :lookaroun )

brentley2

Trust me I'm not trying to pick on you, but you couldn't pay me to get on this ride y

Ummm...I am not offended by that...don't worry...I am not going to attack people like others do here...
I respect your opinions!
I do feel that when the ride is done right, with charm (WTP, Peter Pan) it does attract crowds...
For me, the ultimate is a dark ride for a character or a movie...the shows are nice, but I have a real thing for dark rides/roller coasters/immersive experiences...so while we have The Little Mermaid show, Philharmagic, BatB show, I still feel kind of cheated, you know?
I would love to see the imagineers do something with these classics!

brentley2

Originally posted by MKCP 1986
WOW. I'm ready to grab my shovel - let's get started! Thanks for the effort - I feel like I've been on your ride already.

(I don't think GMR is overwhelmingly sucky though :( )

Do you suppose that Disney would notice if we put up some walls and just started digging? If we are convincing enough, maybe we could fool them into thinking the project has started...hi- jacking the 20K site probably isn't the best thought, though...I mean, do you want to be the one who starts the suction on the drain pipe of THAT water?

Hank Scorpio

There may not be a big enough fan base for these classics individually, but what about combined? Couldn't we have a GMR style ride at the Magic Kingdom, combining all the classics that wouldn't necesarily warrant a ride / attraction on their own, and use them as different sections.

20,000 leagues lagoon anyone?!

I think there should be a place at Disney for all of its movies and characters.

Jungle Skipper

I LOVE the idea of the Great DISNEY Movie Ride! That would be AWESOME! I'll be there tomorrow morning with my shovel and hardhat :lol:

I would also like to see an Aladin E-ticket (ala Spiderman) and my cousin and I once designed a roller coastedr for MGM.....SPACEBALLS:The Ride

Can you imagine? It would start like RRC "Ludicrous Speed.....GOOOOOO!"

:hammer:

Jungle Josh

Langdonj

Scarecrow

Good question. I have just been thinking it is time for Disney to create a movie, and then a dark ride of The Scarecrow Of Romney Marsh. Anyone else remember this old WWD serial?

Re: Trust me I'm not trying to pick on you, but you couldn't pay me to get on this ride y

Ummm...I am not offended by that...don't worry...I am not going to attack people like others do here...
I respect your opinions!
I do feel that when the ride is done right, with charm (WTP, Peter Pan) it does attract crowds...
For me, the ultimate is a dark ride for a character or a movie...the shows are nice, but I have a real thing for dark rides/roller coasters/immersive experiences...so while we have The Little Mermaid show, Philharmagic, BatB show, I still feel kind of cheated, you know?
I would love to see the imagineers do something with these classics!

I totally agree with you. I love dark rides, but I think it's easier to consentrate on one story to fully immerse yourself in that world. I wish that the current dark rides, and any future ones, would be much longer and try a little harder to put youin the story. Some of those original dark rides seem kinda cheesy and just thrown together(ie Toad, Snow White ect). I was thinking though, what about a dark ride based on the core disney characters, maybe taking scenes from the cartoons or something. Something like that I would totally be behind, so kinda like your idea, but toned down and centralized. I guess the only problem would be to make it all flow.

meanmice

Re: Scarecrow

Originally posted by Langdonj
Good question. I have just been thinking it is time for Disney to create a movie, and then a dark ride of The Scarecrow Of Romney Marsh. Anyone else remember this old WWD serial?

Never heard of it, what was it about?

wdwmom2+1

out of the orginal choices i would pick the jungle book or black cauldro but i to would like to see robin hood, or lion king or even gummi bears .. bouncing here and there :)

matt88mph

Originally posted by Jungle Skipper
my cousin and I once designed a roller coastedr for MGM.....SPACEBALLS:The Ride

Can you imagine? It would start like RRC "Ludicrous Speed.....GOOOOOO!"

:hammer:

Jungle Josh

:lol: :lol: :lol: ROTFLMAO!!!!! I love that movie and I've been waiting for someone to work with that idea. I'm guessing the exit would be to "Yogurt's Merchendise Shop - Where the Real Money from the Ride is Made!"

FigmentJedi

I want a revolutionary track system that can both ride on the ground as well as transition to an overhead ski lift system like Peter Pan, and back down into a ground system.

I want revolutionary AA's with amazing immersive experiences.

We start out on the ground, travelling through Steamboat Willie...we circle the boat and see Mickey in black and white spinning the wheel...

We then go to Pinocchio, travelling into Gepetto's workshop. As we travel, we are amazed to see an AA of Jiminy Cricket running along the side of our vehicles, encouraging us to go in to the Toy Shoppe with him...then we move into another room, following Pinocchio to school, and then onto the Monstro scene, much like DL's...as we splash through a minor water effect, we break into:

Bambi's world- a clearing in the forest, still on the ground, we are witness to Bambi's presentation...and then we move around the corner to the ice skating scene, and the vehicles wildly pitch back and forth as we ice skate alongside Bambi. Bambi and Thumper are skating around us and we feel the cold...

Then we feel ourselves lift off the ground for our first arial experience moving into a scene from Cinderella, we zoom over the scene as the Fairy Godmother changes Cindy into her new dress...then we zoom over the town, toward the Castle, we circle the castle as Cindy and Prince Charming dance for the first time, then we fly overhead as Prince Charming puts the slipper on Cindy's foot

Still aloft, We then move through a thick fog, into a clearing again, and see Sleeping Beauty's Castle in the distance, we move in to see the christening and Maleficent's first appearance...this is an amazing AA...fluid. Then we transition into complete darkness and feel heat..and we know that we are moving toward Maleficent in dragon form...This is an independent AA..and can move anywhere it is programmed...It's also huge...we fly around the AA...it breathes fire and we narrowly escape it..

Still aloft, the next thing we see is the London of 101 dalmatians...we come down to the ground and see Pongo and Perdita meeting ...we get splashed with water.
Then, all of a sudden, Cruella and her car come speeding up on one side of the vehicle...she threatens us...but we are aloft again...

Flashing forward, we then go into the undersea world of Ariel...we are witness to "Under the Sea" as we frolic through the air with bubbles and water effects everywhere...and then we see Ursula sealing the deal with Ariel...(again, the Ursula AA is incredible, moving up down and capturing the spirit of the animation, she sails up to eye us in our vehicle) and then through a mist of fog, we see (a huge room) Ursula in her oversized form..she is menacing, splashing water on us...

Then we come back to earth to travel through the Beast's castle and be part of "Be our Guest" with Lumiere, who sails down on a chandelier...we then become aloft again, come down from the top of the ballroom scene, and sail around Belle and the Beast as they dance...we then turn backwards as we drift away, with the Beast's castle, aglow in the background.

In the distance, we see Agrabah...we go on Aladdin's and Jasmine's flight and hear "A Whole New World." During this time, the vehicles stop and Aladdin and Jasmine sail around us, this room uses screen technology to show us everything that they see...until the screens go black, separate and we see Jafar in his snake form...we sail around him, and through a glitter of hourglass sand as we free Jasmine,

As we are still aloft, Zazu flys next to us, and we recreate the opening sequence of the Lion King...we then land on the ground...we then withness "I Can't wait to be King", and the track bounces along much like the Winnie the Pooh's Tigger room.

From here, we are still on the ground, and glide into the final room, the largest room of all, where we find AA's from almost every major Disney movie, singing a classic Disney song...maybe the Mickey Mouse Club Theme (???) or "When you Wish upon a Star"... This room is the most amazing of all of the rooms, and constantly changes...some of the AA's are independent moving and interact differently with each of the vehicles, based on sensors in the vehicles. The AA's are also on platforms that move in and out of the scene, creating a "it's different everytime you ride it" experience.

The final aspect of the ride is a AA Tinkerbell that comes up in front of the vehicle, waves her wand over the vehicle, there is a burst of fiber optics and maybe even real fireworks, and you burst back into the load area.

Awwwwww...... now I'm covered in drool. That would be the greatest Disney ride PERIOD.Better then Pirates,Horizons,Haunted Mansion, JII, Sinbad, Journey To The Center Of The Earth, and Dinosaur COMBINED!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom