What MOvie would you like to see made into a ride

FigmentJedi

I'd love to see the idea of the Godzilla ride that was going into the Japan pavillion be revived in some form. Here's a description of it from that old Dreamfinder page at http://www.arkstar.com/dreamfinder/
And then -- for one really bizarre period of time -- the Imagineers borrowing an idea from Disneyland's Matterhorn, where a monster menaces guests as they zoom through the mountain ) actually toyed with putting Japan's biggest film star inside Fire Mountain.

That's right. You guessed it. Godzilla.

Strange as it may seem, this story's true, folks. In the Godzilla themed version of the proposed attraction's scenario, guests would have boarded the Fire Mountain bullet train, then headed out for a high speed trip under Tokyo Harbor through a translucent plastic tube. Peering out into the gloom, guests would have been startled to see Godzilla rising up out of the ocean floor. As the bullet train raced back onto shore, guests would have seen Godzilla in the distance -- lurching up out of the water to attack Tokyo. From that point forward, the ride would have been a wild race against time -- as the train's crew tried frantically to get the guests back to safety as the massive lizard ravages the city around them. The ride's finale would have had the vehicle zooming within biting range of a full sized mock-up of Godzilla's snarling, roaring head.

Sounds like a great idea for a ride, yes? Well, Disney had a few preliminary conversations with Toho Studios -- Godzilla's owners -- about licensing the character for use in a theme park setting. But -- in the end -- as exciting as this storyline for the proposed attraction sounds, the Imagineers thought that a thrill ride built around a pretend movie monster didn't really fit in the reality-based World Showcase section of Epcot.

KevinPage

what about the obvious choice.............................

Pinnochio. DL got one in 1985 and it didn't cost much. I have no problems with them plopping down a basic old school low tech dark ride in the MK

Langdonj

Re: Re: Scarecrow

Originally posted by meanmice
Never heard of it, what was it about?
Your question caused me to pause because I realized I only had a faint childhood memory of a great adventure, so I googled for information, and found a number of sites. The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh, also released as "Dr Syn, Alias The Scarecrow" was originally produced as a 3 part WWD series, but was re-edited and released in theatres in England. It was the story of a former Pirate (Captain Clegg), turned minister and starred Patrick McGoohan as the Reverend Doctor Christopher Syn who wore a disguise like a Scarecrow to help smugglers against the Brittish in the County of Kent, Southern England. The following link is a very good filmography of the movies. I have included two quotes from that page.

http://users.msworldnet.com/tomhering/

"I've made many films but most of them have been rubbish. I've rarely liked anything I've done, apart from my work as John Drake [ DANGER MAN a.k.a. SECRET AGENT ] and two films I made for Walt Disney, DR. SYN and THE THREE LIVES OF THOMASINA."_- Patrick McGoohan, 1964

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney

Bill

Account Suspended
I wouldn't want it based on the movie, but I'd kill to have a Captain Jack Sparrow animatronic sword fighting Captain Barbossa in Pirates of the Caribbean. Perhaps if the last scene was redone. The looting the treasury scene doesn't quite work anyway. If that was all converted into a cave, they could keep all the treasure there, and have them fighting. :)

ThirdEye

Crossroads as in the one about guitar and them fighting the devil with guitar solos. I think Steve Vai made all the music. Or was it Joe Satrani?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom