What MOvie would you like to see made into a ride

meanmice

I like what was said about the jungle book, however i'd rather see this done with tarzan. I'd also like to see the Monsters Inc. coaster or even an emperors new groove coaster. However, you can't talk about disney rides without mentioning a few dark ones so I'd love to dee Sleeping Beauty or Mary Poppins

JBSLJames

Going off the board, if they ever do a villians park or themed area and could obtain the LOTR rights, I would say a hybrid dark ride/coaster: "Flight of the NAZGUL"

Zipadeedoodah

My top picks would be attractions based on:

Bedknobs and Broomsticks
Mary Poppins
Pete's Dragon
Aladdin
The Little Mermaid

I'm really surprised actually that Disney doesn't have an attraction in the parks based on Academy Award winning MARY POPPINS.

I'd much rather see attractions based on the movies I mentioned above than Lilo and Stitch...but I guess that's just me.

:wave:

cherrynegra

Let's see, so much fun when you get to pretend and you have gazillions of dollars at your hand.

1. Mary Poppins.
2. Beauty and the Beast
3. Aladdin
4. Gummi Bears. ( I loved this show when I was younger and I always thought it would be neat to zoom around in their wooden vehicles that looked like roller coasters. I think they should definitely revisit this one.)

Kwit35

Ooooohhhhhh!

Originally posted by JBSLJames
Going off the board, if they ever do a villians park or themed area and could obtain the LOTR rights, I would say a hybrid dark ride/coaster: "Flight of the NAZGUL"

Now that would be something! (I think Universal has that one - don't quote me on that though)

dae_woods

I bet they could do something really cool with either Monster's Inc. or even Toy Story. I would prefer Monster's Inc though. Get Crystal and Goodman to do voices again.:hammer:

dae_woods

Originally posted by JBSLJames

They could do a lot of stuff with LOTR. That would be simply awesome. Better than Star Wars stuff. What? Did I actually just say that?:hammer:

Jusjuice

I think Animal Kingdom really needs some good dark rides based on Disney movies. It would add some more "disney" to the park, as well as beef up the number of rides in the park.

1. The Jungle Book- A pirates-style boat ride with few small drops and lots of show scenes from the movie. It would be in Asia.

2. Tarzan- An indoor roller coaster that takes you through the treetops of the jungle. In Africa.

3. The Lion King- A dark ride in Africa.

4. The Emperor's New Groove- a flume ride, very similar to Splash Mountain, but based on the movie, in South America, the new land in Animal Kingdom.

5. Hercules- a dark ride or boat ride featuring many of the mythical creatures from the movie. (Beastly Kingdom)

Also, I think MGM needs Mulan and Lilo and Stitch dark rides since the movies were made there. I would replace Playhouse Disney Live! and the Little Mermaid Show in the Animation Courtyard.

Zipadeedoodah

Also, I think MGM needs Mulan and Lilo and Stitch dark rides since the movies were made there. I would replace Playhouse Disney Live! and the Little Mermaid Show in the Animation Courtyard.

Replace Voyage of the Little Mermaid?? NO !!! It's one of the best shows at WDW! I'd want to see Beauty and the Beast go before Little Mermaid.

brentley2

I would love to see Disney do some more of the classics...I wonder if they could a huge ( I mean huge) ride (kind of like the Great Movie Ride, without the overwhelming suck-ieness of it) in Fantasyland where you can ride through several of the Disney classics that haven't been represented in other rides...so here's a few thoughts..
I want a revolutionary track system that can both ride on the ground as well as transition to an overhead ski lift system like Peter Pan, and back down into a ground system.

I want revolutionary AA's with amazing immersive experiences.

We start out on the ground, travelling through Steamboat Willie...we circle the boat and see Mickey in black and white spinning the wheel...

We then go to Pinocchio, travelling into Gepetto's workshop. As we travel, we are amazed to see an AA of Jiminy Cricket running along the side of our vehicles, encouraging us to go in to the Toy Shoppe with him...then we move into another room, following Pinocchio to school, and then onto the Monstro scene, much like DL's...as we splash through a minor water effect, we break into:

Bambi's world- a clearing in the forest, still on the ground, we are witness to Bambi's presentation...and then we move around the corner to the ice skating scene, and the vehicles wildly pitch back and forth as we ice skate alongside Bambi. Bambi and Thumper are skating around us and we feel the cold...

Then we feel ourselves lift off the ground for our first arial experience moving into a scene from Cinderella, we zoom over the scene as the Fairy Godmother changes Cindy into her new dress...then we zoom over the town, toward the Castle, we circle the castle as Cindy and Prince Charming dance for the first time, then we fly overhead as Prince Charming puts the slipper on Cindy's foot

Still aloft, We then move through a thick fog, into a clearing again, and see Sleeping Beauty's Castle in the distance, we move in to see the christening and Maleficent's first appearance...this is an amazing AA...fluid. Then we transition into complete darkness and feel heat..and we know that we are moving toward Maleficent in dragon form...This is an independent AA..and can move anywhere it is programmed...It's also huge...we fly around the AA...it breathes fire and we narrowly escape it..

Still aloft, the next thing we see is the London of 101 dalmatians...we come down to the ground and see Pongo and Perdita meeting ...we get splashed with water.
Then, all of a sudden, Cruella and her car come speeding up on one side of the vehicle...she threatens us...but we are aloft again...

Flashing forward, we then go into the undersea world of Ariel...we are witness to "Under the Sea" as we frolic through the air with bubbles and water effects everywhere...and then we see Ursula sealing the deal with Ariel...(again, the Ursula AA is incredible, moving up down and capturing the spirit of the animation, she sails up to eye us in our vehicle) and then through a mist of fog, we see (a huge room) Ursula in her oversized form..she is menacing, splashing water on us...

Then we come back to earth to travel through the Beast's castle and be part of "Be our Guest" with Lumiere, who sails down on a chandelier...we then become aloft again, come down from the top of the ballroom scene, and sail around Belle and the Beast as they dance...we then turn backwards as we drift away, with the Beast's castle, aglow in the background.

In the distance, we see Agrabah...we go on Aladdin's and Jasmine's flight and hear "A Whole New World." During this time, the vehicles stop and Aladdin and Jasmine sail around us, this room uses screen technology to show us everything that they see...until the screens go black, separate and we see Jafar in his snake form...we sail around him, and through a glitter of hourglass sand as we free Jasmine,

As we are still aloft, Zazu flys next to us, and we recreate the opening sequence of the Lion King...we then land on the ground...we then withness "I Can't wait to be King", and the track bounces along much like the Winnie the Pooh's Tigger room.

From here, we are still on the ground, and glide into the final room, the largest room of all, where we find AA's from almost every major Disney movie, singing a classic Disney song...maybe the Mickey Mouse Club Theme (???) or "When you Wish upon a Star"... This room is the most amazing of all of the rooms, and constantly changes...some of the AA's are independent moving and interact differently with each of the vehicles, based on sensors in the vehicles. The AA's are also on platforms that move in and out of the scene, creating a "it's different everytime you ride it" experience.

The final aspect of the ride is a AA Tinkerbell that comes up in front of the vehicle, waves her wand over the vehicle, there is a burst of fiber optics and maybe even real fireworks, and you burst back into the load area.

Okay, I dream big...but this attraction...would bring the crowds!
And the merchandising would be amazing for Disney from this ride.

I say, tear out 20,000 Leagues and put this in!

sniggle74

Originally posted by brentley2
I would love to see Disney do some more of the classics...I wonder if they could a huge ( I mean huge) ride (kind of like the Great Movie Ride, without the overwhelming suck-ieness of it) in Fantasyland where you can ride through several of the Disney classics that haven't been represented in other rides...so here's a few thoughts..
I want a revolutionary track system that can both ride on the ground as well as transition to an overhead ski lift system like Peter Pan, and back down into a ground system.
I want revolutionary AA's with amazing immersive experiences.

We are on the ground, travelling through Steamboat Willie...we circle the boat and see Mickey in black and white spinning the wheel...

We then go to Pinocchio, travelling into Gepetto's workshop. As we start on the ground, we are amazed to see an AA of Jiminy Cricket running along the side of our vehicles, encouraging us to go in to the Toy Shoppe with him...then we move into another room, following Pinocchio to school, and then onto the Monstro scene, much like DL's...as we splash through a minor water effect, we break into:

Bambi's world- a clearing in the forest, still on the ground, we are witness to Bambi's birth...and then we move around the corner to the ice skating scene, and the vehicles wildly pitch and forth as we ice skate alongside Bambi. Bambi and Thumper are skating around us and we feel the cold...

Then we feel ourselves lift off the ground for our first ariel experience moving into a scene from Cinderella, we zoom over the scene as the Fairy Godmother changing Cindy into her new dress...then we zoom over the town, toward the Castle, we circle the castle as Cindy and Prince Charming dance for the first time, then we fly overhead as Prince Charming puts the slipper on Cindy's foot

Still aloft, We then move through a thick fog, into a clearing again, and see Sleeping Beauty's Castle in the distance, we move in to see the christening and Maleficent's first appearance...this is an amazing AA...fluid. Then we transition into complete darkness and feel heat..and we know that we are moving toward Maleficent in dragon form...This is an independent AA..and can move anywhere it is programmed...It's also huge...we fly around the AA...it breathes fire and we narrowly escape it..

Still aloft, the next thing we see is the London of 100 dalmatians...we come down to the ground and see Pongo and Perdita meeting ...we get splashed with water.
Then, all of a sudden, Cruella and her car come speeding up on one side of the vehicle...she threatens us...but we are aloft again...

Flashing forward, we then go into the undersea world of Ariel...we are witness to "Under the Sea" as we frolic through the air ...and then see Ursula sealing the deal with Ariel...(again, the Ursula AA is incredible, moving up down and capturing the spirit of the animation, she sails up to eye us in our vehicle) and then through a mist of fog, we see (another huge room) Ursula in her oversized form..she is menacing, splashing water on us...

Then we come back to earth to travel through the Beast's castle and be part of "Be our Guest" with Lumiere, who sails down on a chandelier...we then become aloft again, come down from the top of the ballroom scene, and sail around Belle and the Beast as they dance...we drift away, with the Beast's castle, aglow in the background.

In the distance, we see Agrabah...we go on Aladdin's and Jasmine's flight and hear "A Whole New World." During this time, the vehicles stop and Aladdin and Jasmine sail around us, this room uses screen technology to show us everything that they see...until the screens go black, separate and we see Jafar in his snake form...we sail around him, and through a glitter of hourglass sand as we free Jasmine,

Finally we come back down to the ground Zazu flys next to us, and we recreate the opening sequence of the Lion King...we then land on the ground...we then withness "I Can't wait to be King", and the track bounces along much like the Winnie the Pooh's Tigger room.

From here, we are still on the ground, and glide into the final room, the largest room of all, where we find AA's from almost every major Disney movie, singing a classic Disney song...maybe the Mickey Mouse Club Theme (???) or "When you Wish upon a Star"... This room is the most amazing of all of the room, and constantly changes...the final aspect of the ride is a AA Tinkerbell comes up in front of the vehicle, waves her wand over the vehicle, there is a burst of fiber optics and maybe even real fireworks, and you burst back into the load area.

Okay, I dream big...but this attraction...would bring the crowds!
And the merchandising would be amazing for Disney from this ride.

I say, tear out the 20 K and put this in!

You dream big....but I LOVE IT! It is very believable and wonderful. That's the beauty of Disney....Dream BIG!

johnvree

Put an Atlantis ride in the 20,000 lagoon. Then remove the Indy Speedway and put in one big building containing two attractions. The Fantasyland side of the building could house a Jungle Book dark ride. The Tomorrowland side could house a Treasure Planet rollercoaster. This would balance out the coasters to keep the park from tipping over. I know, Splash Mt. is not a coaster, but it's close.

meanmice

Originally posted by brentley2
I say, tear out 20,000 Leagues and put this in!

you would need all of the lagoon for this project :lol: and I have no clue how they would manouver the in air and on ground cars... but it's good in theory and would definatly bring in very large crowds

Tenny317

Alrite....

1. Pirates of the Caribbean (movie) in MGM
2. Something to do with Sleeping Beauty
3. A better ride for Aladdin
4. And def. Monsters Inc. with the use of the doors

ThirdEye

Alice in Wonderland dark ride, with black lights and strobe lights and other trippy type of lights. It could make a really cool dark ride.

Tenny317

Originally posted by ThirdEye
Alice in Wonderland dark ride, with black lights and strobe lights and other trippy type of lights. It could make a really cool dark ride.

Oh, snazzy idea...I LIKE it! :sohappy:

sniggle74

Originally posted by Tenny317
Oh, snazzy idea...I LIKE it! :sohappy:

Doesn't that already exist in Disneyland? At least I remember hearing that you can ride the caterpiller through Wonderland. I could be very wrong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom