What makes your favourite Deluxe so Deluxe?

real mad hatter

Good Morning All. Now before I ask this question,we spell the word favourite with a " U ".Ok now that's out the way. What makes your deluxe resort that bit special compared to others.Something really special that you don't mind spending those hard saved extra bucks on.? :)

ibisti

I think the whole ambience of the WL is what does it for us. The scale of the entrance is breath taking, gets me every time! It seems more tranquil than other deluxe's we have been to, the AKL was a bit of a disappointment in that it always seemed to be a bit hectic. I guess as the WL is an older property it has more communal space to guest ratio than the newer resorts. The WL is a pleasure to spend time at the end of a hard day at the parks, it's more than a place to lay your head.

Upvote 0

zurgandfriend

My favorite deluxe resorts are Grand Floridian and the Contemporary. The things that make them deluxe to me are the rooms; the furnishings, the larger size of the room, the queen beds, and the layout of the room itself. The fact that they are on the monorail with quick access to transportation also make them my favorites. The choice of restaurants I don’t have to go far to get a good meal. The shops in those resorts, high priced yes but they have everything I need. I could show up at either resort in my skivvies and walk out fully dressed. Those are some of the things that make them my favorite deluxe resorts

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Good Morning All. Now before I ask this question,we spell the word favourite with a " U ".Ok now that's out the way. What makes your deluxe resort that bit special compared to others.Something really special that you don't mind spending those hard saved extra bucks on.? :)

I think it is a tie between form and function. I love the ambiance of the Grand Floridian. I love how you feel like you are taken back to a different world and a different time. But the function - the monorail. Being able to get to 2 resorts via the monorail is so awesome. Being able to just hop on and off, and quickly get back and forth to the resort is key for us.

Upvote 0

sgtmgd

The Boardwalk makes the Boardwalk Inn special compared to the others. It's the only resort with a built-in entertainment district.

I concur and would add that the Boardwalk (Our Favorite), Yacht Club, And Beach Club are the best positioned resorts. IMO few resorts offer such a magnificent view as looking over the bay at night or the early morning hours and the Boardwalk is the very best of them all. You have the entertainment, numerous signature places to eat...and a ton of other places to eat...you can walk to EPCOT in mere minutes from all 3 resorts...you can walk to DHS from all 3 resorts albeit a 20 minute walk or..you can catch a boat to both..half the parks and you never need to set foot on a bus. Bikes, boats, jogging..tons of things to do..if you are inclined. The rooms at all 3 resorts are themed very well and the beds are very comfortable ( as little sleep as we normally get at WDW I find this important) There is also a huge difference in the overall feel of the resorts...IMO I KNOW im in a deluxe resort..I can confirm this feeling as we just went down over labor day on a spur of the moment trip and stayed at the POFQ..it was fine..and I wouldnt rule out staying there again in a pinch or another last minute trip...BUT the room wasnt as clean..the wallpaper around the outlets were dingey..some of the fixtures were worn..the bed was almost hard plastic..again these were subtle things that I noticed but affirmed how much I love the Deluxe.

Upvote 0

wiigirl

I think it is a tie between form and function. I love the ambiance of the Grand Floridian. I love how you feel like you are taken back to a different world and a different time. But the function - the monorail. Being able to get to 2 resorts via the monorail is so awesome. Being able to just hop on and off, and quickly get back and forth to the resort is key for us.

Couldn't of said it better myself. :)
75.gif

Upvote 0

tracyandalex

For me it's YC and Poly.
YC - the smell when you walk in the lobby, the atmosphere is more relaxed than BC (there always seems to be a lot going on in that lobby), the views, the friendly staff, both restaurants are great, Stormalong Bay, walking to Epcot and the Boardwalk, the movies on the beach at night, Beaches & Creme
Poly - the smell when you walk into the lobby, the monorail, the theming, fireworks and hammocks on the beach, the restaurants, the views, there is one flower that is all over the resort that just smells heavenly, being taken to our room with our luggage on a golf cart while getting a tour of the resort

Upvote 0

Mukta

My favorite hotel is the Beach Club. The service makes it feel special. When I arrive on DME, there is someone waiting for me. That person greets me by name and welcomes me home. Every step of the way, they make sure I am happy and feel welcome.
The room is spacious and has some salt water taffy to keep with the beach theme.
The quick walk to Epcot is unparalleled. From the lobby, I can be inside of Epcot in 7 minutes.
There are a ton of great restaurants within a short walking distance. Cape May, Kouzzina, Yachtsman etc.

Upvote 0

LuLaSue

For us it is the Boardwalk! Walking distance to our favorite park Epcot, well appointed rooms, comfy beds and a club room that has a decent cup of coffee and some really nice food options! Cast Memebers working here always remember our names and go the extra mile to take care of anything we may need or want. The atmosphere is very playful yet it has a classic feel to it. Staying here, you truly feel you are transported back in time to an epic error in time.

Upvote 0

Glasgow

Details, details, details .. everywhere you look. A veritable cornucopia of sensory overload. Nooks and crannies to explore, things to read and look at .. oh, and the eateries are generally better as well, although some are better than others (Jiko anyone??). The debate still rages on between AKL and WL in our household .. and when I say household, I mean just me .. I can't decide which I prefer :)

Upvote 0

Obi

i'm not going to say that i hate being a deluxe villa snob.... didn't have much growing up. we barely got by. i'm not saying it was a wretched life, but it's nice for a change to be able to do/have some nice things from time to time. that's why we're looking into becoming a dvc member. i really enjoyed staying at saratoga springs the couple of times i stayed there. i know it's no love vest for ssr, however, i really enjoyed it. i'm hoping that we can become members so that we can use the points to stay at other deluxe villas as well. if not, then we'll look into renting the points to continue staying at many of the deluxe villas.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

I think the whole ambience of the WL is what does it for us. The scale of the entrance is breath taking, gets me every time! It seems more tranquil than other deluxe's we have been to, the AKL was a bit of a disappointment in that it always seemed to be a bit hectic. I guess as the WL is an older property it has more communal space to guest ratio than the newer resorts. The WL is a pleasure to spend time at the end of a hard day at the parks, it's more than a place to lay your head.

This is very well stated. I find the WL also to be the best kept and cleanest Disney Resort, both inside and out. Even more so than the GF.

Other things I love about the Lodge is the pool area. Best hot tubs of any resort I've stayed at, and the ambience of the pool is captivating. And the smells coming from the restaurants are just so fitting for the resort.

Upvote 0

Hobnail Boot

I am spoiled by the deluxe resorts now.
Same for me. I just stayed at a moderate for the first time in years and, while nice, it wasn't the same for me.

I've got a three way tie for favortie deluxe resorts:
Wilderness Lodge- I usually stay here for Christmas. The resort is gorgeous, but at Christmas time it really shines. The soaring lobby, the woodsy feel, the dining, and the theming in the rooms all make the resort a winner for me.

Polynesian- Pretty much the same that everyone else said. I love the smell of the lobby, Kona and 'Ohana are among my favorite restaurants, and you can't beat watching fireworks from a beach. The grounds are also the best of any resort imo.

Beach Club- I like being within walking distance to Epcot and the pools are amazing. My sister is also addicted to Beaches & Cream so being right there with it is a big plus.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

For us it is the Boardwalk! Walking distance to our favorite park Epcot, well appointed rooms, comfy beds and a club room that has a decent cup of coffee and some really nice food options! Cast Memebers working here always remember our names and go the extra mile to take care of anything we may need or want. The atmosphere is very playful yet it has a classic feel to it. Staying here, you truly feel you are transported back in time to an epic error in time.

You're making me sad. We stayed there this year for the 1st time and I fell in love with the place. The wife wants to stay at the Beach Club next year, and I'm so bummed about it.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom