What makes your favourite Deluxe so Deluxe?

real mad hatter

Good Morning All. Now before I ask this question,we spell the word favourite with a " U ".Ok now that's out the way. What makes your deluxe resort that bit special compared to others.Something really special that you don't mind spending those hard saved extra bucks on.? :)

luv

The AKL is my favorite (or favorurite) for many reasons...room size not being one of them!

I like the sign out front. When I drive up, I am looking up at big huts. It's strong and cute and exotic.

When I walk in, it is light enough, but dark, too. Very open and calm and peaceful. Surrounded by the deep, dark, solidness of all that lovely wood, I relax as soon as I pass through the doors. The wood absorbs all my stress and I feel better. :)

Love the furniture in the lobby. Those fire pit things are lovely. The kids look adorable during that evening parade thing they do with them.

The gift shop is a good one.

The big window in the back is cool-looking. And going out back, where the animals are (or might be, lol) is a bit like seeing a savannah...well, I've never been to Africa, but its good enough for me. I love the steps.

I love the artwork around the place. I honestly never knew I liked any sort of African art. AKL was the first I'd seen. But I do now. It opened up that world to me and I'll be forever in Disney's debt for that.

The place is so well themed with such detail everywhere. IMO, it is the best themed hotel on property.

The halls, even, cause me to look around...at the carpet, the door number thingies...out the window at the animals, etc.

I love the Mara. It's just fast food, but its cute and well themed...and they have those good potato chips.

I love the furniture, theming and the bedspreads in the rooms. Seeing animals (with the Savannah view) is a bonus. I especially like the bold, bright spreads. I enjoy looking at the carved things in the room and imagining someone carving them. And these rooms, too, are relaxing.

Nothing in WDW is even close to as good as AKL...for me. I'm peacefully happy there...bliss.

AKL = bliss.

:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom