What makes you sad at Disney World

gonnichi

Knowing that WDW is getting no major new attractions after FLE opens.

The last major new attraction at the Magic Kingdom before FLE was Monster's Inc Laugh Floor, 2007.

The last major new attraction for EPCOT was Soarin, 2005.

The last major new attraction for DHS was Toy Story Mania, 2008. American Idol (2009) not a major attraction to me. Walk through with capt jack (2012), not major either. They are no WWHP.

The last major new attraction for Animal Kingdom was Finding Nemo the Musical, late 2006. It sounds like Avatar is dead.

Nothing new happening to DTD Pleasure Island area either im afraid.

I hope im not sad for long and something new gets added that is not a remake, a clone, or just a revision.

copcarguyp71

You know what makes me sad? When you see a parent who just does not get it being led around by their kids like the whole experience is painful for them. These sightings are few and far between but I always find it fascinating that such a glorious stick in the mud actually found another being to procreate with...unless they are their stepkids but still I mean...COME ON IT'S DISNEY!!!!!

I_heart_Tigger

The only thing that makes me sad is thinking about my dad who was a huge Disney fan. My parents took us to WDW dozens of times as a kid and they would go just the two of them as well. When I got my job in WDW several years ago he was really excited that he would get to learn about all the things that go on backstage. He died about 2 weeks before my job started so he never got to find that out. When I think about all the little things I could have told him, knowing he would have hung on every word I really wish he had held on a few more weeks.

I also get sad when I think that he'll never see his only grandchild (my niece) enjoy Disney World since he died before she was born. He taught my sister and I to love Disney and we taught her. I wish they would have been able to experience Disney World together. That would have been the most magical Disney moment for my family that I could ever imagine.

Cmdr_Crimson

meg_crofton_rgb_0383ma_sm_19466_orig.jpg

Enough Said....Moving on...

EpcotCenter82

Taking the monorail through the Contemporary Resort and seeing the cluttered mess that is now in the north end of the Grand Canyon Concourse.

KCheatle

Riding the boat past the remnants of River Country. We stay at WL now, so we always boat past it. Every time I look at it it makes me sad :( My husband asks me to try and describe it to him, and I just can't put into words how much I loved that water park as a kid. I really wish there could have been a way to keep it. Definitely some of the best memories I have from my trips as a kid to WDW.
disney-world-river-country-.jpg

MagicMike

I'm always saddened in the parks when I hear someone complaining loudly about length of lines, prices of things, heat, how much walking they have done etc. I'm not talking about eavesdropping on private conversations, but those people who complain with intent to be heard by others. I just don't understand this. Every person who is vacationing at Disney is dealing with the exact same things/conditions and not everyone within earshot wants to commiserate with you.

Harping on the length of Space Mountains line isn't going to make it move any faster.
Did you bother look into the average temperature in Florida when you decided to take your family to WDW? Guess what? It's hot.
Oh, you didn't know the there would be so much walking involved?

This always makes me sad for the person complaining while they are on vacation in Disney World. If you can't relax, be happy, and enjoy yourself there, I feel sorry for you.

But then I eat a Mickey Ice Cream Bar and ride Big Thunder Mountain and I'm over it.

10Magic

For me, the ONLY thing is waking up on that final day, knowing you're leaving. Getting that "Thanks for coming, now please get out!" voucher on the door, and seeing all of the other happy people who are just arriving as you're leaving is a killer!

jazznrachie

Going home. Also, deciding to take a trip with my DH & leave our 16 month old home at the time. It made the most sense, but we were sad every time we saw another kid (which is about every .5 seconds)

Walt Disney1955

I am only ever sad when we take the ferry back at the end of the night. I don't usually have a lock cinch plan as to when we come back either so it makes it a little sadder. Also, I think every kid should come here once. Or not just kid but adult. The fact that people want to come here and can't is a little sad. The ones who are ignorant about it and snub their nose I feel no sympathy.

I guess I am not "sad" about this, but a little disapointed in our society when I see the extreme use of scooters/strollers. No, I don't want to get into a debate here, but I was at California Adventure last month. A couple, maybe 40 years old drove past us. They were overweight. I am 6'2" 280lbs. They weren't bigger than me. The husband looked like he could be a bouncer. I said to my wife "I'll bet that guy can bench press as much as I can." They didn't have broken legs, and while I will try to reserve my judgement since they could easily of been hurt or disabled and I don't know it, the truth is they just simply looked like a couple that didn't want to walk around all day. This bothers me because lots - and I mean lots - that is wrong with our economy is not all because of government but also because of sheer laziness and not working for a living. Stuff like this spills over into theme parks even. The rest of us get up and walk why can't you? And it makes me feel sorry for the REAL handicap people at the parks just wanting to enjoy the day. People with broken legs, MS, or just flat out unable to walk. And it's fine to have a baby in a stroller, but a 4-5 year old? Man, what are you teaching the kid? There I said it.

tracyandalex

I'm always saddened in the parks when I hear someone complaining loudly about length of lines, prices of things, heat, how much walking they have done etc. I'm not talking about eavesdropping on private conversations, but those people who complain with intent to be heard by others. I just don't understand this. Every person who is vacationing at Disney is dealing with the exact same things/conditions and not everyone within earshot wants to commiserate with you.

Harping on the length of Space Mountains line isn't going to make it move any faster.
Did you bother look into the average temperature in Florida when you decided to take your family to WDW? Guess what? It's hot.
Oh, you didn't know the there would be so much walking involved?

This always makes me sad for the person complaining while they are on vacation in Disney World. If you can't relax, be happy, and enjoy yourself there, I feel sorry for you.

But then I eat a Mickey Ice Cream Bar and ride Big Thunder Mountain and I'm over it.

Also, you do not have to come to WDW, there are countless other vacation spots with none of the WDW annoyances so please stop coming to WDW so there will be one less person in line ahead of me!

Weather_Lady

Cranes. Construction walls. No Dreamfinder. Mentally revisiting Disney memories with dearly departed loved ones.

That's it -- and in the aggregate, it's not too bad. It takes a lot to generate sadness at Disney World.

6laurac

The last day-when all I can say to myself is 'This will be my last dole whip for a long time", "This will be my last ride for a long time, etc." It's like you leave a part of yourself behind when you make the final corner of a Disney trip.

The MaD Hatter

People who are complaining about the line they are in always gets a facepalm from me. For example, during F&W last week I actually heard a guy standing in line at the Hawaii kiosk loudly complain "Oh, come on, how many people can order a pork slider?" When it was his turn to order -- "One pork slider." :facepalm

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom