What makes you sad at Disney World

cba

Original Poster
Oh yeah, something else, leaving WDW the day before a big event (say I left the day before the New Fantasyland opens, :mad:, :(, ect).

mamamouse

Parents being a-holes to their kids. Kids hold on to that stuff. I full support timeout/discipline when necessary, but I hate hearing parents yelling at their kids, spanking them, telling them to shut up....those all make me sad. I only imagine what their homelife is like.

People need to slow down and think about how they're impacting their kids and their kids memories of WDW.
omg that was going to be my answer too,it breaks my heart!!!

WED99

Parents being a-holes to their kids. Kids hold on to that stuff. I full support timeout/discipline when necessary, but I hate hearing parents yelling at their kids, spanking them, telling them to shut up....those all make me sad. I only imagine what their homelife is like.

People need to slow down and think about how they're impacting their kids and their kids memories of WDW.
I kid you not, earlier this year at AK I saw a young kid drop her drink. The kids family must have been from jersey (strong accent) and it was just her, a brother, a small baby, her mum and grandma. As soon as the drink dropped, the grandma let out the most exaggerated "OH MY GOD!" and then proceeded to kick, not hit, kick the little girl! The mum then let out her own exaggerated "OH MY GOD!" and slapped the grandma. The grandma grabbed the little boys drink and threw it onto the mum who was holding the baby leaving them soaked. They then walked off like it was nothing and everyone viewing was in shock.

Let's just say the Lions weren't the most vicious animals in the park that day...

scoobygirl39541

Knowing that my entire family won't always be at a healthy age to go every year forever. The memories will have to come to an end at some point :( I try not to think about it in the parks, but there's just so much nostalgia and meaningful places its hard not to think that it won't last forever!

rob0519

Checking out of the resort. We usually still do a half day at one of the parks or DTD, but checking out of the hotel means it's over.
Another thing that is sad are the shortened hours during some months of the year. I pay the same for a ticket whether the park is open from 8:00am to Midnight or whether it's open from 8:00am to 8:00pm

In general, parents that push their kids too hard to see and do everything, then get upset meltdown when the children cry about being tired.
The looks on both the parents and children's faces when they see some of the outrageous prices on activities and souvenirs. Other than pure profit, there is no reason to charge those incredible prices to have tea with a princess or get your little girl's hair done so she can feel like one.

SMS55

Buying a soda and being unable to finish it before getting to the front of the line and boarding

Buy a bottle and put the lid back on it. I do it all the time. However to get back on topic when I get on the Turnpike headed South. Since we drive, we'll drive off property to eat or buy anything we may need. Once we're on the TUrnpike I know it's over.

Skippy's Pal

Never knowing whether a visit is the last one with our daughter (who is now 26 and one of these days will be married and/or decide she's too old to go to the World with her parents)!

Animaniac93-98

The high volume of abused, screaming, squaking toddlers and their strollers that have taken over MK now, the "speed dining" you get in TS restaurants (gotta keep the cattle moving!) and the wildly inconsistent state of attractions at MK (some look great, some look like they haven't been touched in decades).

Nemo14

I think what makes me the saddest is the general dumbing down of WDW, with EPCOT FW the prime example. It seems they have targeted a far younger, far less informed audience now, and it really makes me sad that so many people will never know the glorious EPCOT Center that used to be.

rob0519

Not a Big Fan of The Adr's dictating the entire trip 6 months before your even in the Parks!!!

Its just so frustrating to try and plan what park to spend the day at , to eat at, and to take advantage of Emh's so far in advance!!
Thanks for bringing this up. I wish I would have thought to include it in my post.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom