What makes SGE so horrible?

Tim G

I can't even remember how the story of AE ended. I know that Stitch however has a definite ending (he teleports himself to WDW)
They captured the alien, put it back into the tteleport device and send it back to where he came from...
All clear, lights on...

Skippy2000

I belong to the camp that feels Stitch is the worst, most unappealing, least humerous, most annoying character Disney ever created. From that perspective, it's easy to really dislike / ignore the SGE attraction. We are also AE loyalists who loved that experience - even my teenage daughter - and we mourn the fact that we'll never again get to hear Chairman Clench say "Profit is just a side effect we've learned to live with." AE was edgy, and wasn't about selling plush (although we do have a treasured Skippy......).

This is slightly off-topic, but the way Disney is pushing Stitch is also annoying -- in our last trip to WDW in May, we saw Stitch as the elevator operator on a ToT pin, Stitch as "Steamboat Willie," Stitch seemingly everywhere.........Poor Skippy.......

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I was meant to be scary... It said so on the warning signs...
There were warning signs? I didn`t see them / chose to ignore them / didn`t look at them / chose to ignore them / didn`t believe them / chose to ignore them (delete as applicable if you complained to City Hall)

Tim G

There were warning signs? I didn`t see them / chose to ignore them / didn`t look at them / chose to ignore them / didn`t believe them / chose to ignore them (delete as applicable if you complained to City Hall)
There you go... :lol: :lol: :lol:

T-1MILLION

I can't even remember how the story of AE ended. I know that Stitch however has a definite ending (he teleports himself to WDW)

I think AE had a much more definite ending than Stitch does. He teleports himself to WDW, wait..aren't we in WDW? He was just there why would he teleport himself to where he already is? Kind of a plot hole. I know we are supposed to be in a prisoner transport center but there is never a feeling of leaving Tomorrowland.

In AE You knew you were in a convention center in Tomorrowland that was hosting this event that an interplanatary company was having.

Just my two cents.

dxwwf3

I can't even remember how the story of AE ended.

After the Alien explodes in the tube, after the screaming from Dr. Femus gets the creature back in the tube, the demonstration is cut short (for obvious reasons) and we are set free to tell everyone about the wonders of X-S...and all of that ;)

dxwwf3

Luckily the Stitchification of the resort has died down. In a few years, I'd say the attraction will be replaced and he'll be scarce in the parks.

jeffcot

Oh, the other thing wrong with SGE is that it's Stitch, a character I personally can't stand. Stitch is annoying and embodies nearly everything that is a bad example for kids. Stitch demonstrates a lack of consequences for one's actions, so it's okay to misbehave. I don't care to promote that to children.

Yeah, Stitch is a real demon. I was especially offended by his sense of loyalty to friends and family, his willingness to change and grow once exposed to love and family, and how he embodied the need for forgiveness and redemption. ;)

Face it, Stitch is enormously popular with kids, and a fairly sizable chunk of adults as well. He is the only Disney character in the last 10-15 years to really connect with the younger generation. With an overabundance of Spongebobs, Shreks, and others, Disney needs to make those kinds of connections. Stitch-bashing, I've discovered, is pretty much a very, very small, but very vocal, Internet activity.

darthjohnny

This is slightly off-topic, but the way Disney is pushing Stitch is also annoying -- in our last trip to WDW in May, we saw Stitch as the elevator operator on a ToT pin, Stitch as "Steamboat Willie," Stitch seemingly everywhere.........Poor Skippy.......

That is the whole joke about Stitch, that he interrupts all the movies. If you recall, that is how the Lilo and Stitch movie was first advertised. He would interrupt Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin. That is why he is in pins as Steamboat Willie and Hunchback. Also, Skippy you realize is still there, along with his mutant counterpart.

I think AE had a much more definite ending than Stitch does. He teleports himself to WDW, wait..aren't we in WDW? He was just there why would he teleport himself to where he already is? Kind of a plot hole. I know we are supposed to be in a prisoner transport center but there is never a feeling of leaving Tomorrowland.

In AE You knew you were in a convention center in Tomorrowland that was hosting this event that an interplanatary company was having.

Just my two cents.

Again, it isn't supposed to be WDW. You are in the Galactic Federation Prison. Like you are in the Caribbean in PotC, and the Himilayas on Expedition Everest.

I don't really see many plot holes. I think many anti-Stitchites, however, try and find anything wrong to bring this attraction down, even when there sometimes really isn't anything wrong with it.

Just my view. ;)

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
darthjohnny said:
I can't even remember how the story of AE ended.
from: http://www.angelfire.com/fl4/glassmonkeyface/disney/XS/script.html

Spinlock: People of Earth, quiet! Listen to me please! Don't scream! If you remain perfectly quiet, it probably won't eat you. No, no! I told you to be quiet! (The alien jumps on your back and breaths on your neck. It then licks you with a snake like tongue. A flash of light sparks from the tube)

Dr. Femus: Spinlock! We've got power.

Spinlock: Good, how do we get it back to the tube?

Dr. Femus: Just leave it to me. Tube speakers activated.....screaming now. (Dr. Femus screams and it echoes through the tube. The alien steps on you once more as it heads toward the sound of its new prey.) It's back in the tube!

Spinlock: Boost the power, hurry! Good work. More power!(The creature begins to spark)

Dr. Femus: The creature is about to explode!

Spinlock: Drop the shield! (The shield comes down, but not in time to stop the explosion of the alien which sprays everyone. The screens take a moment to flicker back on.) Well, you see, there you have it. A little glitch here and there, but I think you get the idea, the potential of XS technology, and all of that. We certainly apologize for the inconvinience, but after all....

Dr. Femus: It does take time to seize the future.

Spinlock: Yes.

Dr. Femus: Thank you so much for coming. Please exit out the open doors and don't forget your belngings.

Spinlock: The ones who haven't been eaten. Good luck and good eating.

Dr. Femus: Thank you.

ccmuffin2

After going on SGE I found the best place to sit in the attraction ( 2nd Row to the right center of row ) and it is enjoyable if you sit in the right spot. Stitch is clearly veiwable throughout show ,laser cannons shot you and are over your head and you see shaddows clearly around top of room. ** Try it you'll like it **:sohappy:

Damien666

Oi, this thread never dies does it? Oh well, for me AE was my favorite attraction of all time. That and when I saw the concept art for SGE I had that gut feeling it would not work out as good as WDI would have hoped.

When you turn out the lights and have unexpected things happening to you does NOT make a good attraction for kids. That and when you make it just for kids, it might not work out for teens and adults.

I went on SGE with a open mind and it dissapointed me, the story was lacking and while the AA's were good they cannot hold up a attraction no matter how great they are.

For me, I have never seen anyone get scared to tears in AE. Did I get scared by AE? Yes, the attraction made great suspense. The warm breath creeped me out and the tongue effect scared the heck outta me! But I left with a huge grin on my face, it was unique, had good dark humor and gave a experience that showed Disney can make attractions for the older ages.

Disney would not do so well if everything was just for the little ones IMO. They DO need things adults can enjoy, PI is just a example.

To me SGE was just taken in the wrong direction, you can't have a kid's attraction that uses effects to scare. If you like SGE that's ok, but if you like SGE and think the people that dislike SGE are crazy. Just let people have their own opinions please. (That's the same for the people who don't like AE.)

Jheyman

I think the story is the largest problem for me. If Disney is going to go with this blatant story approach, then it needs to make sense. The attraction just never really sucks you in. It is just not that well written, and I agree with the holes. While it is popular enough, I am having a tough time justifying the amount of time and money spent on this to get what is not a huge net gain on attendance. Especially considering how characters seem to pull in audiences, this suggests that guests are not as impressed with he attraction as they could be. It was just disappointing not because it was bad but because of how much better it could have been with simply a stronger creative team behind the writing and character development.

I think this is more what I was trying to say when I said shoe-horned. SGE's story just seemed thrown together. It's almost like since there was a familiarity with Stitch we didn't need a full story for the ride. AE's story on the hand was completely fleshed out because we knew nothing about this X-S Tech (oh how I miss them) It was one of the best stories I can remember having to do with an attraction in recent time. Thats why I miss AE so much it was just a great story to believe you were on earth in a convention center and X-S Tech is gonna show you this cool new stuff and then opps....I remember actually getting excited each time I went on it about the demonstration!

After the Alien explodes in the tube, after the screaming from Dr. Femus gets the creature back in the tube, the demonstration is cut short (for obvious reasons) and we are set free to tell everyone about the wonders of X-S...and all of that ;)

Umm... Corrus, they blew up the alien.

Isn't this a change between AE ver 1 and AE ver 2???

Jheyman

AE Version 1 featured Chairman Clench being trapped in the tube as the guests exited the theatre. There was no alien "explosion" in V1.

humm.....I don't know why but I do remember the alien getting back in the tube without exploding as well....but I do remember the Chairman now that you said that. Oh well I dunno all I know is I miss seizing the future.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
To quote the end of version one: Clench: "Seize the future with a tractor beam! Spinlock!" - The alien is transported back to it`s planet, where Clench was sent by mistake, and Clench finally makes it to earth - after the tube has closed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom