What makes SGE so horrible?

cmatt

Or am I just blind and biased to that alien? :veryconfu

I never rode AE, but even if AE was the best attraction on Earth, it's replacement wouldn't have to be labeled awful immediately..I loved the original Figment, loads more, but it's replacement isn't a bad experience..the younger kids like it.

And from someone who didn't ride AE..my family went on SGE with me, and we all agreed it was great. My mom was very enthusiastic about her fondness of the whole thing..until we started talking to some people who needed recommendations for attractions. They said someone said something about Stitch and they hated it, and my mom agreed with a nod of her head and a "I knooow..." Is she lying to me or them? Or is the attraction really that bad and I'm just oblivious to reality?

Can someone explain to the dumb Miss Stitchy?

IT WAS AWESOME imho - went 'on' it about 3 - 4 times and i loved it! took it at face value - and not the so called 'shadow of its apparent self' that people on here seem to think it is. I had fun - but stitch is one of my fave disney toons :lookaroun :p

DisneyMusician2

I don't know.....Stitch simply wasn't as exciting as it could have been. I know that they are trying to make it more family-friendly. The biggest objection I have is that I don't really feel, like many other things, that it really fits in Tomorrowland. I always enojyed the cheezy Mission to Mars more than SGE and AE combined. I know I'm in the minority, though.

PintoColvig

Well, I've had a change of opinion. I admit that I previously railed pretty hard against Stitch. I hated to see AE go. I'm afraid my fondness for the previous occupant has tainted my perspective on Stitch. On my most recent visit, however, I was able to see it through new eyes...the eyes of my four year old son who simply loves it. I've now come to realize that if AE had never existed and if Stitch had replaced Mission to Mars instead, I probably would have liked Stitch from the beginning. Don't get me wrong. Stitch is far from the best that Disney has produced. But it is much better than I and others have been willing to concede. JMO.

IcicleM

I, personally, love Stitch, and I even bought a stuffed Stitch when I went to the ride over New Year's because I just liked his character in the movie. I also rode AE many many times, and I LOOOOVED it. Before, I was so absolutely terrified it, you couldn't DRAG me on that thing. But then of course I got older, and I loved the thrill of something new and scary. I was glad I was able to ride it as many times as I did, but when Stitch appeared, I loved it as well. I just love how cute he is, and I watch other little kids scream out "STITCH!" and they get all excited and they love it when he burps on them and bounces on them.

The thing is, the little kids who love the ride aren't old enough to get on these boards and state their opinions about the ride. And really, they don't care, because they probably weren't around for Alien Encounter, and they don't know how the "magic" works when Disney rides go "ker-plunk" and are replaced by something else. The fact is, they love it, and that's all that matters to them.

All the people on this message board "grew up", so-to-speak, with AE, and so people defend that and attack this newcomer. What are those kids going to say when they grow up, and use the computer, and find this website? They're going to defend Stitch because hey, it could have been their first ride in Disney, or hey, it made them laugh. They're not going to know anything about Mission to the Moon or Mission to Mars or Alien Encounter or anything else. Some may be curious as to what it was, but to them, Stitch was there first.

And when all y'all people sit here and talk about the "Mickey Mouse Club House Theatre" or "Skyway to Tomorrowland" or "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea" some of these kids are going to grow up and not know a single thing you're talking about. To them, what they grow up with is what they will grow up with, and eventually the discussion of this ride will die, and people will stop wondering why people hate Stitch because no one will be talking about it anymore. By then, they'll hate some other ride, haha.

Spring Breeze

Or am I just blind and biased to that alien? :veryconfu

I never rode AE, but even if AE was the best attraction on Earth, it's replacement wouldn't have to be labeled awful immediately..I loved the original Figment, loads more, but it's replacement isn't a bad experience..the younger kids like it.

And from someone who didn't ride AE..my family went on SGE with me, and we all agreed it was great. My mom was very enthusiastic about her fondness of the whole thing..until we started talking to some people who needed recommendations for attractions. They said someone said something about Stitch and they hated it, and my mom agreed with a nod of her head and a "I knooow..." Is she lying to me or them? Or is the attraction really that bad and I'm just oblivious to reality?

Can someone explain to the dumb Miss Stitchy?
it was poorly made and seemed rushed..I liked it but it is a one time thing. you ride it once then well your set

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom