what kind of snacks does everyone bring?

natolij02

Just curious what kinds of snacks everyone brings from home or buys at the grocery store?

Here is what I am bringing:

Princess Teddy Grahams
Dried Fruit (berry mix)
Kids Fruit Snacks
Individual Drink Packets for the water bottles

I am looking for some other ideas as to what people think travels well and are good quick snacks while in disney

The snacks are for me, DH, and DD who is 2 yrs

Eyekimore

Well- since we drive and are vacation club members- we usually visit a WalMart to stock up.

water and Crystal Lite single pouches
Coke and Diet Coke
peanut butter crackers
Grape and bananas
bagels and cream cheese
Instant coffee/milk/and cinnamon (MIL cannot live without)
Chips

Anything else we want to snack on- we get in the parks......

Upvote 0

mouse_luv

Well, we bought those multipacks of the mini-cereal boxes...I think I got them on sale they came 10 boxes in a pack and I got them 2 for $4
I brought cereal boxes and drinks in the backpack and around 730 AM while waiting for the park to open the girls would eat the cereal. It kept them occupied, fed and happy while waiting for the fun to begin. However, one day at AK this offended a dad in front of us. They were a family of 5..mom, dad, 3 kids probably 8, 6 & 4. Well, my youngest dropped a fruit loop on the ground by her foot. Before anyone had a chance to do anything...here comes dad stomping the fruit loop to bits..nearly stomping on my daughter in the process ..ranting and raving about lazy people ruining the atmosphere for everyone! Everyone around us just got quiet and stared..til one grandpa said "Well, it looks to be a real fun day ahead of one family" I felt bad for those three kids all day long.

Gotta love it, a fruit loop thats going to ruin the environment? Uhm..and like nothing Mr Complainer traveled there in didnt? :zipit: There needs to be more chlorine in the gene pool.
Sorry your kids had to deal with that.

Upvote 0
First of all reading this thread made me hungry. As for a snack, maybe beef jerky for an alternative to balance the sweets. Honestly your list looks like a lot of good stuff to bring.

Upvote 0

patches39

ok, sorry to be the one who is asking a dumb question, but here goes....
Last year when we went to disney (jan 07) they went through our bags wehn we entered. I thought we were not allowed to take drinks/snacks in the park. my 4 1/2 yr old daughter does love to snakc and makes things way easier waiting in long lines if she has fishy crackers, dry cereal, etc. and i cant imagine in the heat (we leave in 2 weeks) how many water bottles i will have to buy. someone please let me know how all this works. do you have to hide it?

Upvote 0

natolij02

Original Poster
I just added Nature Valley Apple Crisp Granola Bars to my list that I originally posted. My sister had them and I tried them......yum-o!

Upvote 0

lac628

ok, sorry to be the one who is asking a dumb question, but here goes....
Last year when we went to disney (jan 07) they went through our bags wehn we entered. I thought we were not allowed to take drinks/snacks in the park. my 4 1/2 yr old daughter does love to snakc and makes things way easier waiting in long lines if she has fishy crackers, dry cereal, etc. and i cant imagine in the heat (we leave in 2 weeks) how many water bottles i will have to buy. someone please let me know how all this works. do you have to hide it?

We have a DS age 2 1/2. We have never had any problems bringing in snacks/drinks. I have actually seen people bring in LARGE coolers full of food. No need to hide them. We also used to bring in a small lunch box/cooler thing for drinks for DS before he was allowed to have the drinks they sell at WDW.
Snack away!

Upvote 0

SAV

Nope..don't hide it at all. I actually put the small cooler and snack bag up for security to check out and there has never been an issue.

Now Six Flags is a different story. They wouldn't even let my sister-in-law bring in some goldfish crackers for the baby.

Upvote 0

VT GAL

First of all reading this thread made me hungry. As for a snack, maybe beef jerky for an alternative to balance the sweets. Honestly your list looks like a lot of good stuff to bring.

We always take beef jerky! On several occasions, we have had it temporarily "confiscated" at the security bag check! We always seem to get the jokers!!!

Upvote 0
I called and spoke to a CM last year before our trip. They said it is completely O.K. at WDW to bring in your own snacks and drinks into the parks. We kept them in a lightweight backpack and had it checked at each park entrance without any problems. On our next trip we are hopefully flying and getting the dining plan so won't be bringing as many snack. We usually bring things like:
Granola bars
Individual cereals
Gold fish crackers
trail mix
Individual bags of chips
water
fruit rollups

Upvote 0

Dwarful

I went to the grocery store today with the girls...our first trip to the grocery store since we returned from The World...(Gotta love Grandma having everything stocked up for us on our return)..anyway we got to the cereal line and my 12 year old said "Watch out mom, we are approaching the Fruit Loops"...we all started cracking up laughing. I think we worried a little old lady though who probably thought we were a little loopy.

Upvote 0

PeoplemoverTTA

DisneyDreams09 said:
I called and spoke to a CM last year before our trip. They said it is completely O.K. at WDW to bring in your own snacks and drinks into the parks.

Just be careful, I'm pretty sure that the drinks allowed do not include anything in glass bottles. In May I saw security ask a guest to either drink quickly or throw out a glass bottle of Arizona iced tea because she could not bring glass into the park.

Oh, and on previous trips I haven't brought my own snacks (except for mints and gum) since bringing those gushers fruit snacks in 2002. Because of the heat, they were all slimy and stuck together and pretty gross... I don't recommend them (although they tasted fine :lol:).

Our next trip will be our first 10-day WDW trip ever, and our first trip of more than 5 days in 5 years, so since we're splurging on the dates and we want to stay in a moderate and not a value, bringing some snacks can help a bit with the cash flow. Even though our tip is a year away, I am really appreciating these tip threads - very helpful!

Upvote 0

NewfieFan

Yep, no glass bottles! I also heard no hard-sided coolers either (not that you would want to carry one of those around with you) but soft-sided coolers are fine!

I've already got my snacks put in a box waiting to be packed. I have two kids 5 and 2 so I NEED snacks as they don't always eat at "meal times"!
I have;
- 100 calorie bags of crackers (perfect size for small children)
- fruit snacks (real fruit candy)
- raisins (the little boxes)
- cereal (prepackaged in little bowls)
- gum (there's no gum sold in WDW, I believe!?!)
- almonds (again, little bags)

Upvote 0

Elonwy

Yep, no glass bottles! I also heard no hard-sided coolers either (not that you would want to carry one of those around with you) but soft-sided coolers are fine!

I've already got my snacks put in a box waiting to be packed. I have two kids 5 and 2 so I NEED snacks as they don't always eat at "meal times"!
I have;
- 100 calorie bags of crackers (perfect size for small children)
- fruit snacks (real fruit candy)
- raisins (the little boxes)
- cereal (prepackaged in little bowls)
- gum (there's no gum sold in WDW, I believe!?!)
- almonds (again, little bags)

true about the gum which is why you never see any stuck to chairs, benches, streetlamps, 3-D glasses etc.

So please dispose of carefully or the Disney gum police will force you to hold a target in Buzz.

I also take the cereal in bowls...favorite snack for everyone and you can buy the variety packs (though there always seems to be one kind no one likes) :) :shrug:

Upvote 0

disney magic 06

Vodka, bacardi and pick 'n' mix.

Anything else we need for our room we buy at the hotel shop, and park snacks we get as and when we need them at the park. Don't like being weighed down with lots of baggage as we go round the parks!

Upvote 0

lac628

One thing you may want to think about...if you go to Animal Kingdom, they may make you throw away straws from juice boxes/capri suns. I never thought about it, but we went to Aquatica :lookaroun 2 weeks ago and bc they have animals, we had to get rid of the straws on the boxes (DH smuggled 1 in, but we made sure it made it back in our bag). Not sure if AK will make u, but I know they have no straws policy in the park.

Upvote 0

Tears0Fire3000

We bring grinola bars and cereal bars for quick breakfast and snacks, we also have brought Slim Jims, mini muffins, chips, Capri Suns, and one of the best last min. thoughts we ever had was to bring cup O'noddles and use our refillable mug to get hot water, made a great late night snax.

Upvote 0

Thiger

I love bringing instant oatmeal packets (preferrably the low carb ones)
its nice to get a cheap hot meal in of energy before hitting the parks!

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

One thing you may want to think about...if you go to Animal Kingdom, they may make you throw away straws from juice boxes/capri suns. I never thought about it, but we went to Aquatica :lookaroun 2 weeks ago and bc they have animals, we had to get rid of the straws on the boxes (DH smuggled 1 in, but we made sure it made it back in our bag). Not sure if AK will make u, but I know they have no straws policy in the park.

I don't know if they make you toss out the straws from the juice boxes, but AK does now have straws now in the parks at the counter service and sit down restaurants, but they are made of paper.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom