What kind of restaurant would you add if you could???

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
If you had the choice to bring in ANY type of restaurant to any of the parks or resorts, what would it be? Seafood hibachi? Food trucks? Authentic street food from a certain country?

What dining option would you add to the world if you had the power?

JIMINYCR

Disney feels they have hit pretty much all the categories of food and have it covered. Italian, Mexican, French, German, Seafood, steak, .... the list goes on and on. But those of us who have dined at authentic restaurants that serve certain styles of food that are prepared and spiced the way it should be can tell that Disney often misses the mark. I think they purposely take it down a notch in order to cover a broad array of guests tastes so as to please the countless guests who come from everywhere.
To add something different I'd enjoy a Greek or Thai restaurant. Weve frequented both types of restaurants in our area that are run by folks who have come from those countries and brought with them their unique recipes and cooking styles.

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
Disney feels they have hit pretty much all the categories of food and have it covered. Italian, Mexican, French, German, Seafood, steak, .... the list goes on and on. But those of us who have dined at authentic restaurants that serve certain styles of food that are prepared and spiced the way it should be can tell that Disney often misses the mark. I think they purposely take it down a notch in order to cover a broad array of guests tastes so as to please the countless guests who come from everywhere.
To add something different I'd enjoy a Greek or Thai restaurant. Weve frequented both types of restaurants in our area that are run by folks who have come from those countries and brought with them their unique recipes and cooking styles.
Yasss! I love Greek and Thai cuisine! Always wondered how neither of them were included somewhere at the world; they're such popular cuisines.

JIMINYCR

Yasss! I love Greek and Thai cuisine! Always wondered how neither of them were included somewhere at the world; they're such popular cuisines.
I had dined Greek before, loved it, but never had tried Thai. A few months ago my DS came home and suggested we drop into a Thai restaurant that had just opened up. He had dined at a variety of Thai spots during his work travels and advised me on what menu items to try. Now I'm hooked.

Phonedave

This.

I would enjoy any flavor forward restaurant at WDW. That does not mean spicy (but it could be), but flavorful. WDW seems to subscribe to "the secret ingredient is salt" method of preparation.

There are a handful of dishes that do meet the mark, but the majority of them are muted, and I suspect on purpose.

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
This.

I would enjoy any flavor forward restaurant at WDW. That does not mean spicy (but it could be), but flavorful. WDW seems to subscribe to "the secret ingredient is salt" method of preparation.

There are a handful of dishes that do meet the mark, but the majority of them are muted, and I suspect on purpose.
Yes, agreed. if only we could have a say in what should be added! LOL!

Weather_Lady

I'd love it if they had a really good Indian restaurant (I mean authentic Indian, with the option to order a few dishes hot enough to melt your face off or exotic enough to really excite your palate), ideally with live music. Like many of the TS restaurants on property (e.g., Yak & Yeti, Raglan Road, Via Napoli), it could have an adjacent CS/take-out venue, featuring Indian street food.

The problem is, of course, that Disney does a terrible job of authentic anything. They'd open up with a cool menu, and within a few months, dumb it down to an endless parade of bland chicken dishes. Lucky for me, we have an amazing Indian restaurant right here at home, so I don't have to rely on Disney to take me on that culinary journey.

Last edited:

Hockey89

I'd love it if they had a really good Indian restaurant (I mean authentic Indian, with the option to order a few dishes hot enough to melt your face off or exotic enough to really excite your palate), ideally with live music. Like many of the TS restaurants on property (e.g., Yak & Yeti, Raglan Road, Via Napoli), it could have an adjacent CS/take-out venue, featuring Indian street food.

The problem is, of course, that Disney does a terrible job of authentic anything. They'd open up with a cool menu, and within a few months, dumb it down to an endless parade of bland chicken dishes. Lucky for me, we have an amazing Indian restaurant right here at home, so I don't have to rely on Disney to take me on that culinary journey.
It would be an outstanding pick but as you say so many guest would die... I still remember the waitress at Skippers saying a dish was very spicy.... Not a oz of spice was found that day.... Way to many people still eating slice bread with every meal, medium well steak and a baked potato for that to ever work.... Sad...

What china could be in Ecpot... True Szechuan food or even real Cantonese..... (Even outside of Disney, it is hard to find....

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
Yes, authentic food is what I'm looking for...if it's supposed to be spicy then make it like that. What an experience everyone would have if they ate said restaurant and the food actually tasted like where it was supposed to originate from.

Don't know if there are many restaurants at the world that can say that, or any for that matter.

Hockey89

may not be the answer your looking for but i always thought that a dinner reservation only nighttime haunted mansion restaurant would be cool and always busy.. dark spooky atmosphere,cobwebs, waiters/watiress ghost hosts.. food and drinks designed in spooky fashion and names,,
That is cool.

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
may not be the answer your looking for but i always thought that a dinner reservation only nighttime haunted mansion restaurant would be cool and always busy.. dark spooky atmosphere,cobwebs, waiters/watiress ghost hosts.. food and drinks designed in spooky fashion and names,,
um....yes! this is what I'm talking about! Any kind of restaurant experience that you would like. I'd almost guarantee this would be constantly booked if this was there.

JIMINYCR

This.

Even when we’ve requested a menu item spiced up because it’s been bland when ordered in the past it never reaches our satisfaction.

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
Fogo de Chao in Disney Springs.
Yes, an authentic Brazilian churrascaria would be wonderful! Ohana used to be a version of one but of course thats changed now. it would have to rival or even better, surpass places like Fogo de Chao, Texas de Brazil, and Rodizio's as far as authenticity. Meat lovers from everywhere would definitely love this place if it were at the world.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom