What job would you apply for if you wanted to work for Disney?

BrittanyRose428

I think I would want to do attractions again, (I worked at Lights, Motors, Action and Fantasmic during my second college program) but I'd love to try something different like Spaceship Earth or the Haunted Mansion. I'd definitely return to LMA in a heartbeat though.

JohnByers

Since I my my class B CDL's with a P & S endorsement (a requirement as a coach in NC) after I retire in 2027 as a teacher I think I would like to be a bus driver PT. Get to keep moving and not sit still so to speak and then get the perks of being an employee at WDW!

aw14

I told my wife the other day that when I retire, I want to work at WDW part time. I'm sure there will be a need for an old guy 30 years from now lol.
I have 15 more years in Education before I can retire. Already have the plans to sell the house, etc.. :)

There is always need for us old guys

jloucks

If money was of no concern, park maintenance. You know, the person emptying the trash cans or cleaning bathrooms. Not in resorts, but at an actual park. MK preferably, but any of them ok.

Runner up, ride maintenance.

If money was an issue, I would enjoy an I.T. position. ...until they outsourced me! oh yea, I went there.:confused:

...actually a tentative retirement plan. ...not I.T. but park maintenance.

jloucks

Quality Control. Check into Grand Floridian. Spend 5 days. Check out. Check in at Contemporary, spend 5 days, checkout. Check in at Poly, stay five days. Checkout. (the five days are park time). etc. Wilderness Lodge, etc.
Is that even a job?:hungry:

habuma

I've frequently said that my two top choices are (1) skipper on the Jungle Cruise and (2) skipper of the boats that ferry people up and down the Sassagoula River.

mitchk

It's funny this was brought up, when I was there in September I was talking to a guy at the bar who works in the culinary department. He was telling me as the bartender agreed that they are not paid a lot at Disney, the best part about it is being able to get your family in for free. He said the culinary department makes OK money but not a lot he also mentioned they had just started work on the massive gingerbread pieces for the gingerbread house. I told him I was in audio, and he said I should contact Disney and apply because the audio department makes more. I'm a certified audio engineer and I considered it but I don't know if I would want make the move to Florida! Nothing to do with the weather, just family

Last edited:

ajkirby

I'd love to be in one of the shows - singing Disney songs all day isn't exactly different to what my everyday life! Haha! BATB is my fave film so maybe in that show, tho I think the FOTLK and FN musicals are far better!

rob0519

Seeing as it would only be after I was about retirement age, any of the managerial positions I might be qualified for are off the table. My ideal job would be one of the greeters at the Grand Floridian. After that, whatever it takes at a deluxe resort to work your way into a Concierge position. As much as I might like to work in one of the parks, retail is not a way I'd like to go and being outside in that brutal heat and humidity of summer is not attractive to me either.

iamjimmy89

I like the idea of being a character (Donald Duck would be my first choice) but I would be way too hot in the suit.
Other than that, being from the UK I think I would actually quite like to work in the UK in the Epcot World Showcase.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom