What is "Your Spot" in WDW?

PhilharMagician

JCorduroy said:
I've got three spots:

• Outside of the Tambu lounge at the Polynesian Resort, listening to the live music and watching the fireworks through the glass. (As a backup, any hammock at the Poly is great too.)
  • The cave on Discovery Island. It's the first place my wife and I sat down together at on our first trip to WDW.
  • Balcony at the WDW train station on Main Street USA. Great place to watch parades and the fireworks!

I am trying to think where this cave is?

JCorduroy

PhilharMagician said:
I am trying to think where this cave is?

Cave may not be the best term for the location, and Discovery Island may not be the right location - I typed quickly and didn't think my way through. :(

It's at the backside of the Oasis, at the end of the bridge leading to Discovery Island. It's basically where some 'rock' forms a bit of an overhang. It's so nice and cool inside, it's just great to grab a seat at. :)

Horizons1

I have many places located all over WDW but two of my most favorite are the porch of Pioneer Hall over at Fort Wilderness and the loft like area above the entrance of the main lobby of the Wilderness Lodge.

llrain

ours is the Iron spike room at the Wilderness Villas...
The lodge is our home resort for DVC.
After a long long day and night we go here with a book, by the fireplace
in the leather chairs and relax...its the most peaceful space I have found...
Add in the Wilderness lodge music makes it all the better..

dandaman

Either the Tomorrowland-Toontown path (Railroad has ALWAYS been my sentimental favourite), or one of the lobbies of the hotels on the monorail route, especially Polynesian's. :D

Maryssa*

~Sitting on the balcony of a Polynesian lagoon view room
~the outside tables at Fountainview Cafe in epcot in the morning

Uponastar

Disneyfanman said:
The chairs on the porch outside of Aunt Pollys. A bit of ice cream or a cool drink (no more sandwiches.........boo hoo), and sit in the shade watching the activity across the rivers in Liberty Square. It's the greatest!

Sure is!
Dh and I buy our lunches (turkey leg for him, usually a hot dog for me) hop on the raft and head over to Aunt Polly's, find a comfy seat and eat our lunches while watching the 3:00 PM parade! Great spot!

But. . .
My all-time favorite spot in all of WDW is the top of the Train Station in the MK. I can sit there for hours. In fact, I have!

dox

What a nice thread. It's making me even more excited about my upcoming trip to the World over labor day weekend. I have two spots that mean a lot to me and my significant other. First off, in the France Pavillion sitting at one of the tables and chairs over looking world showcase lagoon, while sipping on some champagne and eating a baguette and the fruit/cheese plate from the bakery. This has become our absolute greatest tradition at Epcot and all the World. Our next one is watching Spectromagic in Liberty Square right over the Bridge across from Sleep Hollow. We usually buy some warm caramel popcorn and enjoy the parade. And last, not very original, but nothing beats a window side seat at the California Grill and watching Wishes.

Imaginationeer

Its funny because ive been asked this question before.
Anyway my favorite spots are
-Looking down MS toward the Train Station at dusk
-Between SE and the Art of Disney gallery in Epcot at night

LaughingGravy

Grand Canyon Concourse

Grand Canyon Concourse at the Contemporary, opposite side as Chef Mickey's between the shops, watching monorails pass through.

DisneySam

I actually have 2.

- Snow White's Wishing Well right off from the castle. [Snow White was my favorite Princess as a child.]
- The Fountain on Hollywood Boulevard at MGM by the Tip board. [I guess just because I love the ambiance at MGM, its just a good place to take it all in.]

Stitch_626_UK

My spot...

I know this is like so traditional but my spot has to be the hub at the magic kingdom, right infront of the castle during wishes. always makes me cry!

DisneyDragon

maggiegrace1 said:
Luke ..I love Fort Wilderness also...

I love sitting on the beach and watching the water parade..

I love the Meadow Trading Post area also..

I just love walking around the whole place..It is so nice and so beautiful there..

Can we share it as "our" spot?..:)

At the parks..I love just sitting on the rocking Chairs by Tony's and watching people ..:)

Can I share too? By far and away, my whole family's favourite resort to stay. We get a bunch of cabins all in a row, one per family since the grandkids have come along. It really is a great place to stay to unwind after a long day at the parks. Quiet and serene, with fridges for cold beer, a good table for cards...sigh.

And it's blasting down to Pioneer Hall on a golf cart or bike for a energy-recharging buffet at Trail's End or having a cocktail at Crockett's...

And the beach is fantastic...it's where my wife and I (in our 30s) completely surprised a group of 4 teens by whupping them in a game of beach volleyball. We forgot to tell them that we play 2's all summer long!

Plus, the motor launch to the MK kind of feels like a private launch.

The only two issues in this day and age: Mosquitoes are an issue, and no more water park that you can walk to (River Country).

ZapperZ

One of my favorite spot is certainly the small covered "pavilion" right by the water overlooking Expedition Everest while munching on something from Flame Tree BBQ. It feels secluded and peaceful, especially early when there's not a whole lot of people. We practically could keep track of the progress on from this spot while it was still under construction.

Zz.

Silverguy4867

mine is the spot Im not exactly sure between what countries, but its in World Showcase right in front of a really good soft serve ice cream stand and like an african trading post. Its overlooking the lake and is the best seat in the house for Illuminations if you're willing to get there an hour early. :drevil:

DisneyLindz

CommandoDisney said:
i was just curious where people felt like it was there only little spot in wdw. for me its always been the turtle pond pool at OKW at night. we've stayed at the OKW and always requested back by the turtle pond pool because its less crowded and theres a snack bar. at night, after a long day at the parks it was always so relaxing to swim around the pool at night or go in the hot tub. im not kidding, there is no one around! its like the only time in wdw i can ever hear quiet. well except for the relaxing reggae music playing over the speakers. i would always look forward to ending my day like this. anyone else have a place like this?

Ummmm....... Are you a long lost member of my family?!?!? FREAKY!!! Because that is where my family always requests to stay, and I can't tell you how many times my family congregates at that pool and stays until we get kicked out late into the night. We leave in four days, and I can't wait to get to OKW. It's my favorite part of the trip!

Mine is on the right side under the train station on the white porch. I love to watch Spectromagic from here. You can sit on the ledge and no one bothers you

metscool

When at the Contemporary I watch Wishes right where the buses drop people off. No buses come there and my dad and I are the only people that are there. Then when I am at the BC or the YC we watch the Reflections of Earth from the beaches there.

Uponastar

dandaman said:
Either the Tomorrowland-Toontown path (Railroad has ALWAYS been my sentimental favourite), or one of the lobbies of the hotels on the monorail route, especially Polynesian's. :D

That path is one of my absolute favorite places. When I first found it I was amazed at how secluded it is. It always seems that no one else is ever there! It is also a great place to take pics of the train!

XNightmaresX

my fiance and my spot is officially spaceship earth. we always loved it and last month he proposed to me on there (at the absolute top with the shooting stars) .. we always had norway as our spot too

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom